whiteowl is offline Associate Member

Supplemental Testosterone

for us guys in HRT, i think we need to address one issue.....we have all heard about our endo and uro's keeping us at the low end of normal with our test levels.....we have all experienced the "let's wait six months and see" response....we have all been left hanging when we tried to get answers to our questions (until we found this board).....so HRT simply gets down to this...at what level do you feel like your "old self" again? we know the follow up blood test is so the Dr can defends his actions ....his intent is to make sure we fall into the category of "normal" without one question as to how we feel....our lifestyle before our boys went on permanent vacation and our lifestyle with HRT is never addressed....so some/most of us, when we realize we are just 50 per week from reclaiming our former lives, do it....then we have to be treated like criminals as we set out to find out how to supplement our scripts ..... like our insurance companys now dictate our medical community the DEA dictates how men will receive their HRT....

keith1958 is offline Junior Member
    I have taken steps to assure I am not solely depended on doctors. I listen to them and never go ahead and change things unless I let them know. Thats why I pay them or my insurance does. But there is no way I am going to do HRT and not have a backup plan. you would have to be crazy to do that. Doctors are scared and you never know when the FDA is going to help out Big Pharm and stop the HRT all together. They loose money when people stay healthy. And the FDA is their enforcer. I do not like to do anything illegal but I'll be damned if I am going to let myself be sick because of BULLSHIT laws. I have found a good doctor and I am lucky and even still I still have a good backup plan.

TBones is offline Junior Member
    maybe we need an HRT/TRT chat board cuz this might get to be a big thread.

90% of the info you'll find out there (besides boards like this) is going to be for menopause or for helping women! my insurance website has an "informitive section" to help its customers deal with, prevent diseases, disorders etc. Everything on there under HRT is for women!

One guys on here or another board was complaining once how when his wife was seeing the doc for HRT they were all over her, even calling the house checking up on her to see how she was feeling. He went to the same place cuz he was impressed and they could give a crap about him.
    That's my rant...

TBone

mojohummin is offline New Member
    Here's my back up plan which is now in operation. Receiving a good weekly dose of test c. I can continue receiving this dose as long as my total test numbers come in looking reasonable. I assure this will be the case because when the time for my yearly BW approaches I switch from test cyp to UG prop becasue it is a short esther. I taper down then stop all test for a week. At this point I will get BW from Private MD over the net. If I then like the number I will get my regular doctor ordered test. This insures I have control over the numbers without these doc's trying to adjust my test. levels downward.

I'm 56 and see no reason why the last couple decades of my life can't be vibrant. For that I need test and test I am going to get one way or another.

This would work for anyone who thinks his doctor is not prescribing enough. Take control over your blood test results as I do and you can surely get an increase. It sucks big time that I have to manipulate the system this way but they leave us no alternative.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I agree, it's like we have no voice and/or no one cares because it's not cost effective for MEN to be healthy. I didnt even know about most of this or i could have low test until I started reading the boards. I had several blood test done over the years but didn't know what to look for and I'm sure they where not looking to make things normal again, only to check liver/kidney functions and such; nothing about healthy levels.

whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    copy lovbyts....my health insurance expires this month....my Dr mailed my file to me last week.....it appears my annual physical had a test of 150...6 months later i demanded a testosterone test....DR argued with me but when i said i wanted the order or my file i got the test...it came back at 143....i was unaware until two weeks ago that my annual physical had quanitified the need for HRT with a level 250 BELOW the low end of the normal range six months prior to my demand.....as T-Bones said they are not even looking to educate us let alone treat us....

mojohummin is offline New Member
    Right. They are not educated on test levels themselves and are too friggin' puffed up to admit it. I spent two years harping on my Doctor's ass to get a legal prescription. On one occasion he changed the subject and started lectured me on my taking too much vit.c or I was going to harm myself,( I take at least 3 grams a day and he said 500mg was the max.) This to avoid not being able to answer my questions on proper test levels and as if having low test was not harmful. Sheesh...

Thank God for the internet and this forum.
    Last edited by mojohummin; 04-29-2008 at 10:40 PM.

I have heard many people have better luck with Endocrinologist since blood work and normal levels is what they are all about. I'm going to try to get in for a visit next week since my insurance will cover it so at least I wont have to pay for the blood work anymore. I'm sure the Endocrinologist wont be any help with the HGH but maybe the Test E and it will be more covered by the insurance.

TBones is offline Junior Member
    some say Uro some say Endo some say DO. Still searching....

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    You guys all need to move to Asia !!! Test can be gotten over the counter in most countries. I buy all mine from Thailand. I dont trust Dr's at all. I knew my levels were low. I asked a Dr here to test me, told him if he didnt like it I would go looking for one that would. Turned out he was a sensible young guy who could tell I knew what I was talking about. I totally self medicate. Any health issues and we sit down together and discuss it. He has even researched on the web all about HRT. The other plus is that there are about 50 million hot women in Asia where I have the potential to unleash all that pent up test. By the way I am always just on or a little over the top of the range for Test.

39+1 is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    You guys all need to move to Asia !!! Test can be gotten over the counter in most countries. I buy all mine from Thailand. I dont trust Dr's at all. I knew my levels were low. I asked a Dr here to test me, told him if he didnt like it I would go looking for one that would. Turned out he was a sensible young guy who could tell I knew what I was talking about. I totally self medicate. Any health issues and we sit down together and discuss it. He has even researched on the web all about HRT. The other plus is that there are about 50 million hot women in Asia where I have the potential to unleash all that pent up test. By the way I am always just on or a little over the top of the range for Test.
    im ready to move whats the cost of living there. how much do i need to live

Stop telling everyone about Asia, I made my first trip to Thailand about 8 months ago. After many trips to Mexico, Caribbean and Hawaii I can think of anywhere I would rather go now besides Thailand. Yes dozens of girls for every guy. I have never been very good at going up and talking to girls but there you don't need to, they come talk to you. OK, I guess you guys can go, I found my keeper now so hopefully I will be off the market. LOL

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by 39+1 View Post
    im ready to move whats the cost of living there. how much do i need to live
    depends which country you live in. Thailand is very cheap with many options, Bangkok is the capitol but there are many resort places as well such as Pattaya and Phukett. Getting a job could be a challenge depending on what you do for a living

Quote Originally Posted by Kale View Post
    depends which country you live in. Thailand is very cheap with many options, Bangkok is the capitol but there are many resort places as well such as Pattaya and Phukett. Getting a job could be a challenge depending on what you do for a living
    Resort area, yeah like Pattaya and Jomtien beach. LOL I love seeing the look on (fat) Farang wifes face and the families as they walk down Walking Street in the evening and give us guys dirty looks in our 40's with 20 something little Asian cutties hanging off our arms. LOL Why do we do it? Because we can.

Work can be a challenge but owning land or a business is even harder. I should be back in Thailand on my 4th trip in 8 months in the next month or two. Once you go you will be an addict. Read the forum pattayasecrets . com

I loved Thailand and will go back someday.

Quote Originally Posted by keith1958 View Post
    I loved Thailand and will go back someday.
    Go back someday??? Where did you go? You must have not visited Pattaya or you would not be saying someday, Pattaya is like heroin or crack, once you have been there all you think about is getting your next fix.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Go back someday??? Where did you go? You must have not visited Pattaya or you would not be saying someday, Pattaya is like heroin or crack, once you have been there all you think about is getting your next fix.
    Yes I have been to Pattaya beach. We had a house in Chaiyaphum. I was married to a Thai woman. And should of went back to see the inlaws, but never made it back. I loved the place. Of coarse I wasn't able to completely get crazy since my wife was from the place. she tried to keep a tight leash on me, but the borthers inlaws helped me a lot. :-)

Thread Information