Big Roy is offline Associate Member

Really sorry guys I'm real confused on my I'm Testosterone blood work?

Lately my total testosterone range has been as low as 152ng & only a high of 362ng the past few years. That is very low for those who follow. Now there this free testosterone test that has me at 4.4 (not sure if that's ng or %). That's double the normal range I read up that this is a good thing...I really don’t know. I feel like sh*t. I'm tired all the time, not as sharp as I was, depress, sex with my wife is out the question & I've been sterile for who knows how long. Ran my PCT over & over w/ HCG , clomid & nova but my quality of life has just been going down hill over the years. I'm almost 36 & seeing a endo. I pray to god he puts me on a better HRT. I'm on the gel now but that ain't working. But can someone explain the Free testosterone & any other suggestions to lock a effective HRT. T/Y

juicelee is offline Associate Member
    from my understanding....Free t is important because it is the part of your total test that is actually unspoken for (not attached to SHBG), it roams freely in the bloodstream...So most of sex drive, muscle growth and energy will come from free T, I know there is a great thread on the boards that says exactly what it does...

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    do you have these test levels on a copy of your lab work? if so...there should be a reference range...the 2 total test numbers you mention are similar to most labs i am used to seeing and if they are 4.4 free test aint that hot, either

Big Roy is offline Associate Member
    It was over the phone I do know the normal range for total test & free test. I had a full hormone panel that did LH / FSH also. Everything at one time or another was borderline low or below normal range. Except for the free test that was twice as normal & I don't know if that's a good or bad thing & I don't want the endo to go oh your free test is fine so you're ok guy. Have a nice life sorry no HRT. It's been 8 months since my last cycle.
    Last edited by Big Roy; 05-07-2008 at 07:44 PM.

whiteowl is offline Associate Member
    hey big roy,

check out Merc's article on bloodwork...aptly titled everything you needed to know about bloodwork:

ALL you need to know about bloodwork

you can track down specifics from there...i printed it and matched up the ##'s from my test to the specifics in the article...

Thread Information