notoverthehillyet is offline New Member

Starting Testim Today - Good idea?

Am 44. Principal at an elementary school. I work out 5 days a week, 90 minutes each workout. Symptoms of low test - tired, low sex drive, loss of strength over past 3 years, depression, concentration, etc. Dr. prescribed lunesta. Said I was not getting enough sleep. I average 3 to 4 hrs a night of sleep. Even with Lunesta still 3 to 4 hours of sleep. No help. Dr. suggested a blood test. Testosterone level was 596. Dr. said this was "high normal." Dr. prescribed Testim - (5grams?) one gel packet a day "to supplement your body's testosterone." He said it should eliminate aformentioned symptoms. My concern is that taking testim will stop my body from making its own testosterone. I have read many of the threads on this site. I feel like many of you know more than my Dr. I am confused and very green. Thoughts? I don't feel completely comfortable with his recommendation. Any suggestions on specific threads to read. Thanks for any input.

Coach 44 is offline Associate Member
    Welcome buddy. I'm similar, age 45 and a college coach. Train 3-4 times a week. I was prescribed Testim at first (50 mg. which actually gives you 5 mg.) per day. It's a very low dose and I've never heard of any adverse side effects. The only reason I I switched from the gel to test cyp injections was for convenience (one shot per week and done). The testim smells, it's sticky until it drys, I have small children in the home, and I like to actually touch my wife in bed....like I said it was just a hassle. But as far as a conservative start to find the solution to your prob, it's safe and just might be the answer you're looking for. imho

Thanks Coach. I will give it a try. My Dr. did offer the shot. I used the gel last night before bed. I can see what you mean. Definate smell and I was paranoid about touching anything. My kids are young. I will end up asking for the shot. Thanks for the feedback.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    sorry buddy still sounds like sleep is wut you need no fvkin doubt....test level looks decent for age 44 cant believe he prescribed it....yes you will learn more on this board than from that quack....3-4 hours of sleep? RIDICULOUS....have you considered doing a sleep study...i've seen the c-pap machine work miracles

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Since starting TRT some 15+ months ago, I always get at least 8 hours of continuous sleep a night. There are some nights that I only get 6, but they're solid.
    I started TRT with a low score of 87, so I really needed it. Starting off with a score of 596, you shouldn't have a hard time reaching your doctors desired goal and hopefully will end your insomnia.
    Good luck,
    CR

I have been on Testim and am using Lunesta since June. Am getting finally getting 6 hours of solid sleep now, wearing wife out, and energy levels up. Have noticed loss of fat. Am 6' at 190. Waist went from 34 to 32 June to present. Weight stayed the same. My wife says I am more muscular. I don't notice a difference. Still a wimp but at least am sleeping better and chasing the wife around the house again. If anyone can recommend some threads to read on the topic....much appreciated. So much 411 on this site. Test levels at 700+. Dr. says will reduce testim use. Levels too high. Does not want my body to stop natural Test production. The adventure continues. Thanx for your input. Greatly appreciated. All God's best.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by notoverthehillyet View Post
    I have been on Testim and am using Lunesta since June. Am getting finally getting 6 hours of solid sleep now, wearing wife out, and energy levels up. Have noticed loss of fat. Am 6' at 190. Waist went from 34 to 32 June to present. Weight stayed the same. My wife says I am more muscular. I don't notice a difference. Still a wimp but at least am sleeping better and chasing the wife around the house again. If anyone can recommend some threads to read on the topic....much appreciated. So much 411 on this site. Test levels at 700+. Dr. says will reduce testim use. Levels too high. Does not want my body to stop natural Test production. The adventure continues. Thanx for your input. Greatly appreciated. All God's best.
    glad you're feeling better and glad i was wrong...maybe a good example of not having a very low level but still in need of a boost....so he said 700 too high? from 586?
    Last edited by zaggahamma; 04-02-2010 at 08:52 PM. Reason: spellin...AGAIN :(

Update. I am screwed. I went in for my blood test yesterday. My test levels seems to have crashed. Test level dropped to 109 from 700's. I have an appointment in the morning. My testicles are sore, feel tired, low energy, low drive. Not sure what is up. I am worried.

Thread Information