Hey, im 21 with low testosterone .
went to my doc, got blood tests done.
everything he had me get tested was normal besides the testosterone (boaderline low, im only 21)and dhea where on the low side.

he gave me 3 options.

1.Prescribe me testosterone injections, but i have to go to him once a month for a shot. im not sure what kind of test i would be using, but after reading, i should be getting it a minimum on once a week.
I told him about my concern and he doesnt want me with a controlled substance at home injecting myself.

2. since my dhea was low, he says i should start with taking Dhea 5mg a day for 3 months. dhea has a greater chance of converting to estrogen it sounds like. my doc, and even the pharmasist says i dont need an AI.

3. go see an endo. will an endo be more open to suggestions then my doc? who really doesnt know much about my problem. eg, i told him about HCG and he says thes never heard of it used for low test. thats a flag right there.
my doc also says since the injection is IM its a slow release. test cyp half-life is like 7 days. so that doesnt make sense to me if its released but doesnt work anymore.

im from BC canada.
I did start taking dhea today, but i feel i should stop and go see an endo.

thoughts..?