Thread: Alcohol and TRT

GTOne is offline Associate Member

Alcohol and TRT

Hey guys,

Did a search on this forum to try to get some insight into the effects of alcohol on TRT, but did not find much.

Does the occasional few drinks negatively affect progress? My Dr. gave me the "pat" answer of few drinks here or there won't have any noticeable impact. In fact he said alcohol's affect on building muscle is there (lowers your body's ability to produce test), but since on TRT we are putting foreign test in - there is not negative impact to test levels. Interesting...

Thoughts here??

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    just keep it in super moderation in my opinion....adds empty calories for sure....makes me eat more

yes i agree that we dont have to worry about the test levels but i believe it raises estro.....either way...think about it...it's never going to be a positive thing....enjoy a good buzz occasionally....almost like a cheat meal

cheers

edgarr is offline Member
    it does raise your estrogen, not sure how but it does. I still drink a lot and have noticed since beeing on HRT I get drunk easier.

Interesting. I think I have noticed the same thing. Couple of drinks and I have a pretty good buzz when it used to not phase me...

dumbdumb is offline New Member
    My Endo told me that beer is the worst. It increases your aromatase enzyme which converts more testosterone to estrogen. I'm German and love my beer but can't drink it anymore, only on Holidays. I definitely noticed a difference since I have stopped. I miss my beer!!!!!!

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbdumb View Post
    My Endo told me that beer is the worst. It increases your aromatase enzyme which converts more testosterone to estrogen. I'm German and love my beer but can't drink it anymore, only on Holidays. I definitely noticed a difference since I have stopped. I miss my beer!!!!!!
    I really don't drink beer but a lot of vodka and water! I just up my arimidex after drinking heavy and that seems to work for me.

Stupid question here:
    If more Test is being converted to Estrogen because of drinking, is this something you actually notice? What are the signs that you need to up the arimidex , or is it just something you do as a precautionary measure?

Also, is it true, that the more arimidex you take, the less our gains are?

Sorry for all the questions, but trying to learn here...

I drank quite a bit last night (wife and my anniversary). Had a pretty rough hangover, but not sure if i feel anything above and beyond that...

Thanks!

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GTOne View Post
    Stupid question here:
    If more Test is being converted to Estrogen because of drinking, is this something you actually notice? What are the signs that you need to up the arimidex , or is it just something you do as a precautionary measure?

Thanks!
    too much estrogen: swelling, itching or sore nipples, easy lose of temper or mood swings

not enough: sore joints, tired, mood swings

I am by far no expert but these are just things that I have noticed with myself. Keep in mind that I am not looking for BB results, I am on HRT for better well being. The best tool you can have is bloodwork.

Gotcha - thanks edgarr!

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by dumbdumb View Post
    please give example(s) because I indulge in a 6 pack maybe on the average of 2-3 times a month...i dont think this is enough to cause any sides

as far as the thread:
    arimidex for me...i wish i could test more often for estradiol as libido is not 100% where i would like but test vs. estro might not be the only factor that you look at with libido/wood/etc.
    and i have been of late taking pretty much on nights that nips are sensitive/sore because i hate that feeling (of course) but i think i'm taking way too much because of the average dose i hear on this board is .25 eod and i take 1mg like 4 times a week because lately i've been shooting twice a week and usually the first 2 nights the nips are sensitive...guess i'll try cutting them in pieces again....i cant remember why i stopped doing that if it was because the 1/4 and 1/2 pieces werent taking the sensitivity away or what...this long email sounds like the estro's going nuts...now...i better pop another 'dex...LOL

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    I don't take adex, but when I drink I get drunk much quicker now and if I drink two days in a row I get ichy nipples. Estro sides.

edgarr is offline Member
    I take dex at .25 eod unless I really feel some strong sides coming on (nipples, etc). I may bump this up next week as I am going to Sturgis...lol. I have been thinking about switching when I take my test shot from thursday to sunday after the weekend drinking. The only issue with that is that I like the boost I get a day or two after the shot for the weekend where I am very active. You also need to keep your diet in check, watch your salt intake, high protein, etc (check the diet section). And I have heard stress is a big factor of estrogen conversion as well. I wish someone can explain the getting drunk easier for me, but I am glad to hear it is happening to others.

Braveheart04 is offline Associate Member
    Drinking heavily on a regular basis is going to cause negative things to happen to your body, regardless if you are using any gear or not. Drinking in moderation, i.e. one or two now and again, will not impact what you are doing from a training aspect.

edgarr is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Braveheart04 View Post
    Drinking heavily on a regular basis is going to cause negative things to happen to your body, regardless if you are using any gear or not. Drinking in moderation, i.e. one or two now and again, will not impact what you are doing from a training aspect.

True, but drinking heavily is so fun. Don't get me wrong I am not reccomending it, I'm just throwing my 2 cents in.

Thread Information