nwz71 is offline New Member

newbies first appointment with Endo

Hey guys I'm 27 and 150lbs. Found out I have low LH(1.5) and test levels(270). I had an MRI of my pituitary and that came back good. My fam doc put me on androgel (50mg) 2 weeks ago. Test level went up to 600. I went to the endo for the first time today and he's having the following blood tests done.

Cort
    TSH
    T4F(t4,free)
    THYG AB(THYROID AB)
    TES
    ST IGF1(ESOTERIX)
    Glucose tolerance test

Does anyone know what all this stuff means or where I can translate it?
    Also he didn't mark the ESDL(estradiol) or the TES(free) boxes. I saw on here that estro levels and free test is important. Do u think I should call him and ask if I should get these checked?

DesiBoy is offline Associate Member
    Hi do a quick check on this on here it should help. ALL you need to know about bloodwork It has everything about blood work. Do you plan on doing HRT for life or what did the doc say? Let us know how it goes. Good luck bro.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    if all thats missing is a check then find the same color pen

cortisol
    thyroids
    testosterone
    igf is growth factor (growth hormone )
    glucose tolerance will test how your insulin reacts to sugar(s)

thanks desiboy. thats gonna come in handy. Well I guess I'll be on hrt 4 life if I don't figure out what caused my pituitary to malfunction. Thanks agian. I'll keep u updated.

thanks jpkman. Yeah I thought about doing that. Don't know if the doc would remember what he requested and get mad I did that. Can u think of anything else that should be checked?

no probs...how do you feel now after the 2 weeks on the gel and why did you go to doc to begin with....list your stats, too...include any cycle history

free test and estradiol like you mentioned....even though your young i cant see being on test without a psa (prostate) and how about lipid profile?

Well pysically I feel a little better(more energy). I'm kind of on a emotional roolercoaster (worse in the morning). I went to the doc with my symptoms to figure out whats goin on and he did a whole bunch of initial blood test and everything came back good. So he just wanted to put me on anti depresents. I had to convince him to give me a T test. Pretty much have felt like this my whole life. I could wright a book about how low T has affected me but I'll spare u. I've never cycled before. I'm about as newbie as they come. I've weight trained a few times but gave up because of little improvment and motivation. Thats the past though. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired! I have alot of work to do. I bought a resistance machine, some free weights and some weight gain supplements. I'm just educating myself right now and trying to get into a routine. I appreciate all the help. I'm glad I found this forum. Lots of usefull info.

Quote Originally Posted by nwz71 View Post
    Well pysically I feel a little better(more energy). I'm kind of on a emotional roolercoaster (worse in the morning). I went to the doc with my symptoms to figure out whats goin on and he did a whole bunch of initial blood test and everything came back good. So he just wanted to put me on anti depresents. I had to convince him to give me a T test. Pretty much have felt like this my whole life. I could wright a book about how low T has affected me but I'll spare u. I've never cycled before. I'm about as newbie as they come. I've weight trained a few times but gave up because of little improvment and motivation. Thats the past though. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired! I have alot of work to do. I bought a resistance machine, some free weights and some weight gain supplements. I'm just educating myself right now and trying to get into a routine. I appreciate all the help. I'm glad I found this forum. Lots of usefull info.
    Glad to help bro and i feel you...look at it his way....you're only 27...you got a long life ahead of you...know you know about how to take your health in your own hands and hormones for men are important at all ages...be looking to feel awesome soon bro..keep us posted

Secon appointment

Well I just got back from my second appointment. Looks like my T level went up to 1070 after 1 month on 50mg androgel . Doc was pretty happy with the results. I was too but I'm gonna try the shots out. He was cool about switching to injections. Going in next week to have the hotty nurse poke me and show me how to do it myself. Also looks like my growth hormone was in the lower range 180. he wants it in the 280 range. He said that it has to be injected everday though. Is anyone else taking growth hormone w/ there trt?

Peducho0113 is offline Senior Member
    If he is willing to prescribe HGH take it bro, not may doctors do that, and it is great you will love the benefits. Good luck and keep us post it

Quote Originally Posted by Peducho0113 View Post
    If he is willing to prescribe HGH take it bro, not may doctors do that, and it is great you will love the benefits. Good luck and keep us post it
    agree

and 180 is pretty low anyway on the igf level...mine was 222 but i still want gh

Yeah I will if I need it. He wants me to take a gh stimulation test first. Results will determine if I get them or not. So are there different types/brands of Gh that he could prescribe? If so which type is better? thanks again!

Hitman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nwz71 View Post
    Hey guys I'm 27 and 150lbs. Found out I have low LH(1.5) and test levels(270). I had an MRI of my pituitary and that came back good. My fam doc put me on androgel (50mg) 2 weeks ago. Test level went up to 600. I went to the endo for the first time today and he's having the following blood tests done.

Cort
    TSH
    T4F(t4,free)
    THYG AB(THYROID AB)
    TES
    ST IGF1(ESOTERIX)
    Glucose tolerance test

Does anyone know what all this stuff means or where I can translate it?
    Also he didn't mark the ESDL(estradiol) or the TES(free) boxes. I saw on here that estro levels and free test is important. Do u think I should call him and ask if I should get these checked?

hey mate,
    If you want to know what the abreviations stand for and what the values should be save this to your favorites...http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/000343.htm

Also i dont see your T3 being tested.

danno39 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    if all thats missing is a check then find the same color pen

cortisol
    thyroids
    testosterone
    igf is growth factor (growth hormone )
    glucose tolerance will test how your insulin reacts to sugar(s)

I agree just check the boxes. Also if you have not been on a while it may still be low. I was on for 6 moths before my E's went up.

bombguy is offline Associate Member
    To the OP, where are you located?

If I'm the Op. Olympia Wa.

Thread Information