THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries

Drinking the night before the blood test???

Guys,

I know that drinking the night before a blood test will lower your testosterone levels , but is this also true if you are already on treatment??

Also, any idea how much levels are lowered?

Thanks!

FullMoonHowlingWolf is offline Senior Member
    How long have you been on treatment? Is this TRT treatment? If so, how many mgs are you taking per week or bi weekly? Drinking, no sex, staying up all night, etc., IMO shouldn’t affect synthetic test levels, only your own natural test production. However, skipping your shot a little more than two weeks before your blood test will and you could drink, have no sex and stay up all night as a bonus depending on how you feel about your health.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FullMoonHowlingWolf View Post
    How long have you been on treatment? Is this TRT treatment? If so, how many mgs are you taking per week or bi weekly? Drinking, no sex, staying up all night, etc., IMO shouldn’t affect synthetic test levels, only your own natural test production. However, skipping your shot a little more than two weeks before your blood test will and you could drink, have no sex and stay up all night as a bonus depending on how you feel about your health.
    I have been on TRT for almost 2 months. I did androgel for 3 weeks and test CYP for a month. The doc put me on 200 mgs once a month. I crashed after 2weeks so I did another shot. Last shot was about 2 weeks before my blood test. I stayed up late the night before, drank, and went to the doc late in the day. I am going to be honest with the doc and tell him I took more and that is what I want. I just don't want my levels to be too high and have him cut me off. Think my levels will be good?

Test C is active for about 16 days. How were your levels before you started? Doing one shot a month sucks. You feel good for a week or so and then crash. My doc said this is how we start TRT. One shot every two weeks and then once a month. I listened, but that was it. It's best to do a weekly injection to keep your levels steady. Your test levels should be low and hopefully you can work something out with your doc. If not, go see someone else.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Test C is active for about 16 days. How were your levels before you started? Doing one shot a month sucks. You feel good for a week or so and then crash. My doc said this is how we start TRT. One shot every two weeks and then once a month. I listened, but that was it. It's best to do a weekly injection to keep your levels steady. Your test levels should be low and hopefully you can work something out with your doc. If not, go see someone else.
    My free was 2.2 on a range of 1.8 to 6.8 when i took the 1st shot. When I started on the gel 3 weeks prior, my total was 140. The reason for 2 different test is becasue I switched docs to go to injections. If he doesn't bump me to 400 a month then I will switch to a uro I know.

Sounds like you're on the right path now. I hope it goes well for you.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Thanks buddy! I'll let you know how the test goes.

Please do, I'm curious.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Please do, I'm curious.

Got my results today
    My free is 2.0 on a range of 1.8 to 6.8. I was actually 2.2 when I started injections a month ago. I am actually suprised it is lower and I was worried about being to high from taking more.

What lab did you use for your blood testing?

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    What lab did you use for your blood testing?
    I don't know who they use. I have searched and can't find who uses that range.

You could ask your doc for a copy of the lab results and the lab name will be there. It seems that different labs have different normal ranges. I used Quest Labs.

Thread Information