Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    binder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T_man87 View Post
    Can't imagine how doing one shot every other week wouldn't lead to a roller coaster ride.
    It's a long ester. It takes quite a long time to raise blood levels and quite a while to lower them. Using heavy dosages for a cycle takes 3-4 weeks to raise levels up to where you want, then the half life is somewhere between 10-14 days (which noted by the PDR is dependent on the SHBG and percent of free testosterone ) therefore it will take a while to lower the values.

Also you have to look at dosages for HRT. They aren't like a steroid cycle. If you are swinging 500-1000mg's in dosages then yes, you would probably feel like a rollercoaster. With 100/200mg dosages, the effect isn't going to be a huge swing in 1 direction or the other. You might be surprised with how steady low dosages of long action medications can be. If it didn't work then none of the "once monthly" or "bimonthly" medications on the markets would work properly.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by T_man87 View Post
    I split my dose up twice weekly. Can't imagine how doing one shot every other week wouldn't lead to a roller coaster ride. I've considered going to a once a week shot, but I don't really mind the injects that much. Gotten used to them actually. It would really suck to have to go into the docs office to get my shots. I wouldn't be up to that even every other week.

BTW - quite a story there SWOLL. Glad you made it through well.
    100% agree

Quote Originally Posted by binder View Post
    It's a long ester. It takes quite a long time to raise blood levels and quite a while to lower them. Using heavy dosages for a cycle takes 3-4 weeks to raise levels up to where you want, then the half life is somewhere between 10-14 days (which noted by the PDR is dependent on the SHBG and percent of free testosterone ) therefore it will take a while to lower the values.

Also you have to look at dosages for HRT. They aren't like a steroid cycle. If you are swinging 500-1000mg's in dosages then yes, you would probably feel like a rollercoaster. With 100/200mg dosages, the effect isn't going to be a huge swing in 1 direction or the other. You might be surprised with how steady low dosages of long action medications can be. If it didn't work then none of the "once monthly" or "bimonthly" medications on the markets would work properly.
    i could have sworn that the insert in the test cyp that i use it shows a graph of test levels rising and peaking around day 4/5 and then decline dramatically? anybody else?

binder is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    i could have sworn that the insert in the test cyp that i use it shows a graph of test levels rising and peaking around day 4/5 and then decline dramatically? anybody else?
    I'm getting this out of the 62nd edition of the PDR. Also it mentions very specifically that the half life is dependent on the percent of free test which is dependent on how much binds with SHBG. So in a way it can be user specific.

Quote Originally Posted by binder View Post
    I'm getting this out of the 62nd edition of the PDR. Also it mentions very specifically that the half life is dependent on the percent of free test which is dependent on how much binds with SHBG. So in a way it can be user specific.
    yes i always believed trt in general was user specific

SWOLLL is offline Associate Member
    I just read the half life was 8 days for test cyp

I just saw that graph somewhere yesterday too I believe JP

Regardless I don't believe that one shot a month will be effective, we will let the bloodwork be the judge if I have to go that route.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information