Pac Man is offline Senior Member

Should I bother changing injection sites?

I've just been doing the glutes, alternative from right to left weekly. Is there really any need to rotate to quads when on 100-200mg of cyp a week?

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    I only do glutes. Personally I would be worried about hitting a vein in my legs.

FullMoonHowlingWolf is offline Senior Member
    My first competitive training partner was 6' and weighed 275 with 10% BF, but he could no longer inject into his glutes b/c he’d built up so much scar tissue. With that being said IMO you should rotate injection sites to reduce the build up of scar tissue. Shoulders are easy and legs can be as well, but for some it’s a sensitive area. If you are going to be on TRT for life, I'd suggest rotating as many sites are you can handle.

Quote Originally Posted by FullMoonHowlingWolf View Post
    My first competitive training partner was 6' and weighed 275 with 10% BF, but he could no longer inject into his glutes b/c he’d built up so much scar tissue. With that being said IMO you should rotate injection sites to reduce the build up of scar tissue. Shoulders are easy and legs can be as well, but for some it’s a sensitive area. If you are going to be on TRT for life, I'd suggest rotating as many sites are you can handle.
    And he was only 24 years old.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I'm a big fan of using multiple injection sites.

Ironside, also I forgot to mention that rotating injection sites will keep your receptors fresh!

Guess I'll toss them around a bit

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Ironside, also I forgot to mention that rotating injection sites will keep your receptors fresh!
    elaborate that wolf...cuz i only do but cheeks too...r u saying the test might not be getting used as much?

Without getting all scientific b/c I'm far from that I'll try to explain this further and anyone please chime in if they can explain it better or I'm wrong. It's always been my understanding that it's best to rotate injection sites b/c there are X amount of receptors in each muscle. So when you inject the test into the glute or delt for example it binds to the cells and gives them orders. Once the orders are placed the space is now occupied. Follow me. This is why cycling is so important and giving your body time to get back to normal and clean out your receptors.

i thought i was never going to have to change as the glute shots are so easy to me

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Without getting all scientific b/c I'm far from that I'll try to explain this further and anyone please chime in if they can explain it better or I'm wrong. It's always been my understanding that it's best to rotate injection sites b/c there are X amount of receptors in each muscle. So when you inject the test into the glute or delt for example it binds to the cells and gives them orders. Once the orders are placed the space is now occupied. Follow me. This is why cycling is so important and giving your body time to get back to normal and clean out your receptors.

That is really good to know. I have never heard that before. Good stuff!

I've heard that but I didn't know if it applied to small doses of test, since it does I'll be rotating to shoulders... O snap, it's injection day today!

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    i thought i was never going to have to change as the glute shots are so easy to me
    They are for me as well, but shoulders are much easier. Give it a shot!

They are for me as well, but shoulders are much easier. Give it a shot!
    no pun intended? LOL

i know there's a gazillion posts on it but what size needle for shoulders?...i may give it a shot...25 guage and 1/2 inch?

Shoulders 25gx5/8, but I use 23gx1 or 25x1.5 (of course I don't stick the needle all the way in with either 1 or 1.5's). I prefer 23g as 25g is just harder to push the oil. But since TRT dosages aren't high, 25g isn't a problem, 23g is just a preference.

SWOLLL is offline Associate Member
    I have read the same about the receptors but in my experience didn't make any difference.

When I first read about that years ago I thought wow! Since I did mostly quad injections then.
    I rotated quads, shoulders, glutes and I didn't get any better results and I am talking daily injections of prop back then so I figure that would overload them for sure.

Now I just do quads again I really don't think you will overlaod your receptors with once weekly shots or even twice weekly shots.

I do alternate right to left quads. The first time in the quad will make you limp but its the easiest for me to see what I am doing and aspirate

I used to use whatever we could get from the feedstore sometimes 18 gauge and only developed minor scar tissue in my right quad not noticable now.

I also had a friend who had that problem but he continued to use those huge horse shots even after I brought him some 23g he said it was to hard to inject...

T_man87 is offline Junior Member
    Delts and quads are my rotation and I inject twice a week to keep my levels constant. I prefer delts though. I use either a 25 or 27 guage 5/8 inch needle. I do warm up the oil in hot water for a couple of minutes to get it through these smaller needles easier. Never had a problem with overly sore quads, but they do seem to be more sore than my delts, which hardly ever get sore at all.

Thread Information