High&Tight is offline New Member

Question Are anti-estrogens needed?

I searched with no luck before posting. Is a therapeutic dose normally given for TRT enough to need to worry about anti-estrogens or PCT? An example of what I’m referring to would be using Androgel or Striant at 30 to 60 mg per day for 6 to 12 weeks. Thanks

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by High&Tight View Post
    I searched with no luck before posting. Is a therapeutic dose normally given for TRT enough to need to worry about anti-estrogens or PCT? An example of what I’m referring to would be using Androgel or Striant at 30 to 60 mg per day for 6 to 12 weeks. Thanks
    i have personal experience with androgel and taking 10mg (2-5mg packets) ED for several weeks bumped up from 5mg and on the 10mg daily my estradiol went from 25 to 78 so i needed/added arimidex

your doses that you propose seem funny but when on 10mg of androgel that equates to only 70mg of test (approx) being absorbed....equivalent to about 100mg of test cyp/enth minus the ester

like always stated about trt including ai's, they are needed on and individual basis...meaning what's good for this gander might not be right for the other gander

about pct, meaning you wont be running the dose or replacement doses of test past the 6-12 weeks, i couldnt advise as i am on for life

Pac Man is offline Senior Member
    My doc doesn't seem to think so but than again she's a stupid bitch and refuses to even check my Estro levels.
    I would say it's good to keep it on hand just in case

SWOLLL is offline Associate Member
    Are you going to use this for a cycle? Normal dose is 5-10mg ed

Those doses are prettty high and I would assume you would need an ai but I don't think this would be much of a cycle if thats what your after.

But like jp said it varies from person to person so no way to know for sure

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    How do you put on that much Androgel ? Take a bath in it? DAMN thats like 6 packs.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    How do you put on that much Androgel? Take a bath in it? DAMN thats like 6 packs.
    i was thinking the same thing...wonder if its like drinking winny

Quote Originally Posted by Ironside View Post
    My doc doesn't seem to think so but than again she's a stupid bitch and refuses to even check my Estro levels.
    I would say it's good to keep it on hand just in case
    i like how you always seem to get a good doctor bash in

Edgar is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ironside View Post
    my doc doesn't seem to think so but than again she's a stupid bitch and refuses to even check my estro levels.
    i would say it's good to keep it on hand just in case
    lmao, but then again shes a stupid bitch, too funny!

Quote Originally Posted by SWOLLL View Post
    Are you going to use this for a cycle? Normal dose is 5-10mg ed

Those doses are prettty high and I would assume you would need an ai but I don't think this would be much of a cycle if thats what your after.

But like jp said it varies from person to person so no way to know for sure

I appreciate the responses. I had no idea the Androgel was 10mg. The Striant is 30mg test USP per 12hr. dose. If I take it round the clock it would be 60 mg per day. I have a feeling you’re going to tell me that I’m not actually getting 30 or 60 mg? I feel like 1 12 hour dose per day is enough or hell maybe even every other day. Is there any danger in taking test prn and not consistently or on a cycle? Depending on if I take it every day or every other day will determine if my supply will last 6 weeks or 12 weeks. If I don’t take it round the clock and I have a break in there will it still be effective? I feel like it has been so far, I’ve noticed strength & energy increases just on the 1 30mg 12 hr. dose per day. Only problem is nobody said anything about anti-estrogens and I wasn’t sure if the doses I’ve been taking were high enough to need them. Is 6 to 12 weeks at these doses enough to warrant PCT even though it’s not really a true cycle?
    Last edited by High&Tight; 10-15-2008 at 11:18 PM.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    The only way to know for sure would be to have bloodwork.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    I appreciate the responses. I had no idea the Androgel was 10mg. The Striant is 30mg test USP per 12hr. dose. If I take it round the clock it would be 60 mg per day. I have a feeling you’re going to tell me that I’m not actually getting 30 or 60 mg? I feel like 1 12 hour dose per day is enough or hell maybe even every other day. Is there any danger in taking test prn and not consistently or on a cycle? Depending on if I take it every day or every other day will determine if my supply will last 6 weeks or 12 weeks. If I don’t take it round the clock and I have a break in there will it still be effective? I feel like it has been so far, I’ve noticed strength & energy increases just on the 1 30mg 12 hr. dose per day. Only problem is nobody said anything about anti-estrogens and I wasn’t sure if the doses I’ve been taking were high enough to need them. Is 6 to 12 weeks at these doses enough to warrant PCT even though it’s not really a true cycle?
    All types and levels of test suppress your natural production. TRTers that are on for life don't worry about PCT and yes, most of us use Arimidex . You won't know unless you get blood work.

Do you need to do PCT? Well that is like asking if you need to wipe after you shit. Sure you don't need to but I would.

Alright guys, thanks for the info.

Kale is offline ~ Vet~ I like Thai Girls
    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    lmao, but then again shes a stupid bitch, too funny!
    Thats why !!!!

peter2008 is offline New Member
    any of you guys using Arimidex from europe or the uk

Thread Information