1lion is offline New Member

Testosterone + Interstitial Lung Disease ?

Please--I need some input & advice

I posted before asking about headaches from T Cyp that I was getting. My dose then was .5 ml/week of 200mg/mL. I lowered it to .2ml/week (headaches came down to occasional, instead of chronic). I still get an acceptable trough Total T level of 515 ng/dL--HOWEVER--(btw, I started TRT in December) I lately developed a damp feeling in my lungs and coughing. Doc said lungs sounded clear but I was sent to have a chest XRay to see. It said: "Mild chronic interstitial thickening of the lungs." An XRay in 2007 was normal when I was checking on my heart. Anybody out there getting lung problems during TRT?

48 yrs old & I don't smoke

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by 1lion; 03-27-2009 at 04:28 PM.

ZonaDave is offline Member
    do you feel like you have pressure on your chest?

ni4ni is offline Pharmaceutically Enhanced
    What type of work did/do u do?

Edema related or allergy?

I went from 192lbs to 198 lbs. on T cyp. That's 6lbs of water, not bad, but that may not be the whole effect of testosterone . Maybe it' somehow giving the "dampness" in my lungs. Going to see rheumatologist & pulmonologist.

In my spare time I rescue cats--wonder if it's an allergy to them or cleaning after them--anybody with similar experience?

nalm is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1lion View Post
    I went from 192lbs to 198 lbs. on T cyp. That's 6lbs of water, not bad, but that may not be the whole effect of testosterone . Maybe it' somehow giving the "dampness" in my lungs. Going to see rheumatologist & pulmonologist.

In my spare time I rescue cats--wonder if it's an allergy to them or cleaning after them--anybody with similar experience?
    i dont resue cats but i am allergic to them pretty bad and my chest fills up bad. i can hardly breath ,i was taking SINGULAIR my doc gave me to help, and it worked great , so did the OTC allergy stuff with a boat on it, it starts with an a but i cant remember the name, i can dig out a box and check ,if you want the name

oh i might of missed it but did you check your blood pressue when you where geting your headaches from the tesosterone???
    Last edited by nalm; 03-31-2009 at 01:53 AM.

Good and Bad effects of Testosterone

Quote Originally Posted by nalm View Post
    i dont resue cats but i am allergic to them pretty bad and my chest fills up bad. i can hardly breath ,i was taking SINGULAIR my doc gave me to help, and it worked great , so did the OTC allergy stuff with a boat on it, it starts with an a but i cant remember the name, i can dig out a box and check ,if you want the name

oh i might of missed it but did you check your blood pressue when you where geting your headaches from the tesosterone???

Thank you for writing-

Yes, I would really appreciate the name of the OTC allergy med!!!

Here's some interesting stuff I discovered:

The good things from testosterone so far have been no more stomach pain from acid reflux and no irritable bowel--btw, Prilosec , Nexium, etc didn't help much & gave me gut and back pain by the third day of use.

The bad things from testosterone have been the headaches and lung congestion.

I had normal BP when the headaches occurred. They started after TRT, and became less severe when I lowered the dosage from 100mg/week to 40 mg/week. The T Cyp is compounded locally for me with a sesame oil carrier. My original T Cyp I used many years ago was Upjohn Depo T in a cottonseed oil base--too expensive for my budget right now. To see if it was a sesame oil allergy, my Dr. wrote me a separate script for 1 bottle of generic T Cyp in cottonseed oil to compare. That was at 100mg/week. It didn't seem to make a difference--but I also didn't seem to have the congestion--I probably will try the generic again at the 40mg dose this time, since the bottle is unfinished.

Also, my old Upjohn Depo T dosage was 200mg every 2 weeks. That dosage raised my liver enzymes. My current weekly dosage is OK with my liver so far.

I might make a new thread after this post--again, thanks!
    Last edited by 1lion; 03-31-2009 at 11:02 PM.

Thread Information