ninesecz is offline AR's Mass Monster
    Blog Entries

Just got a referral to the Urologist!! Whats the best way to play this??

Finally after 6 weeks and the great advice from this forum, I told my "female" doctor straight out that I wanted to see a urologist. I wanted this becaue I waned a Dr. that was up to dat and had knowledge of this issue.

Here is what I know right now... Please help me understand!!

I was given a few different readings when she gave me my results

I was given the numbers 56
    and the number 253

I was also told that all my number were on the low side but within range except for the 253 number what exactly does this mean??

Also Can I get my doctor to prescribe me Test Cyp. right off the bat? or do I have to play the Androgel , then the patch game before I can get the shots?

Should I tell the Doc I have done a couple cycles and have knowledge of how to inject myself and that I am comfortable doing so?

Thanks in advance for any help to these questions

kickinit is offline Member
    wow man, you got to pay more close attention. I would guess those numbers to be your total TEST and FREE test though.

Otherwise no advice on the doctor talks....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kickinit View Post
    wow man, you got to pay more close attention. I would guess those numbers to be your total TEST and FREE test though.

Otherwise no advice on the doctor talks....

trust me this doctor of mine is an air head!! I tried getting the other info and she told me that I do not really ned to know the levels, they are for doctors only!

Quote Originally Posted by ninesecz View Post
    trust me this doctor of mine is an air head!! I tried getting the other info and she told me that I do not really ned to know the levels, they are for doctors only!

LOL time for a new doctor man, I always ask for copies to keep for records. It's your info man not theirs, they just intrept for you if need be. I would go back and demand your records and then find a new doc.

ruffcute is offline Associate Member
    Tell them that you want to show your results to a private doc

HILLBILLY is offline Associate Member
    I'd definitely be looking for a new doc. They can't kept your records from you either.

-JJ-

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, you need to call and ask what the numbers/range are.

I wouldn't tell the doc you have done anything in the past. That will send up a red flag and he will be hard to work with.

You could be in the low side of the accepted range and still be affected if you are used to higher levels. I would see what the URO says.

ni4ni is offline Pharmaceutically Enhanced
    u def have a right to access ur med records.
    RE THE ANDROGEL - u have an allergy to adhesive-
    as mentioned b4 in anoother post- the patches will fall off ez esp when you do cardio and ur LIGHT workouts
    Last edited by ni4ni; 04-25-2009 at 10:30 AM.

Blog Entries
    I have already signed the release to get my records!!! this doctor is ooo bad that she told me if I wanted to be prescribed valium for stress that she would have no problem giving me a referral for a SHRINK!! she said she does not prescribe thiose type of drugs to Anyone!! The next words from my mouth were " I CAN SEE I HAVE DEFINATELY HAVE THE WRONG DOCTOR"

Maybe she likes to throw drugs as problems and hope one sticks but not one specifically for your needs, that just isnt her way LOL

CHAP is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kickinit View Post
    LOL time for a new doctor man, I always ask for copies to keep for records. It's your info man not theirs, they just intrept for you if need be. I would go back and demand your records and then find a new doc.
    MY doc prints off my records for me they have to by law. I'm sure that is everywhere. I'd awithch my doc too.

stangmatt06 is offline Associate Member
    What they have all said... Get the copies and keep them in a file for yourself.

Call the doc and tell them to fax you all of your results/tests.

I hate docs, they never know anything and always use their stupid scale of 300-1100 for test. That is a HUGE difference in levels. If you are 301 they will say you are within normal limits and do nothing for you.

PS: I am curious why they would send you to a urologist before an endocrinologist?
    Last edited by stangmatt06; 04-25-2009 at 09:09 PM.

Thread Information