Yug Def Fub is offline New Member

Please critique my HRT regime. Done the research, but need green light from veterans

I'm in my late twenties, starting on self-prescribed HRT. I have done three cycles in the past, and recovered fine from the first two. Never fully recovered from the last one, even though I did proper PCT; it's been years, and I'm still not fully recovered.

I've decided to hop on the HRT train for two reasons: (1) my test level is on the very low side of normal (200s), (2) I know that if a do a cycle in the future ever, it will take me so long to recover that I'd lose all gains and more...so instead of kissing anabolic steroids goodbye, I'd rather just hop on the HRT train, and do low dose cycles from now on out.

OK, here is my HRT plan:

1. Store my sperm: I've already stored sperm at a sperm bank in case I develop azoospermia.

2. Protect my hair: I've started Finasteride at 1.25 mg/day (splitting one Proscar tablet into 4 pieces). I will not start the testosterone until at least 2-3 weeks of starting Fina. I also have purchased Minoxidil and Nizoral shampoo.

3. Pre-HRT bloodwork: Cholesterol (including HDL, LDL, TG), LFTs (liver), TFTs (thyroid), DHT, PSA, estradiol, and progesterone. Anything else needed? (Also, what is E2? I know it has to do with estrogen, but what specifically? Is there an E1 as well?)

4. Cruise: I will be taking 150 mg/week of test-E. I will adjust the dosage according to my blood work, to make sure that I am on the high side of normal.

5. Blast: Every so often, I will run a test only cycle, no more than 400 mg/wk for a few months, then back down to the cruise dose.

6. Anti-E: 0.5 mg EOD of Arimidex. I will tweak this after doing blood work in three months. I might lower this to 0.25 mg EOD when on cruise, and 0.5 mg EOD when on blast. Is this right?

7. Protect testicular size: I have absolutely no experience with HCG and I really hate that I need to use something that needs to be stored in the fridge and mixed myself. Sigh. OK, I am thinking of shooting 500 IUs on day 5 and 6 (with day 7 being the test day), so a total of 1000 IUs of HCG per week.

8. Blood work every three months.

9. Clean up diet.

10. Cardio five times a week, 40 minutes a day. Hit weights six times a week.

I think I've included everything here. Please critique. And if you could just use the numbering system I used above and comment on each number if it is ok, I would really appreciate that. Lots of experienced people on this board and I want to benefit from them.

Thanks so much.
    Last edited by Yug Def Fub; 04-25-2009 at 05:49 AM.

CMPD213 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yug Def Fub View Post
    I'm in my late twenties, starting on self-prescribed HRT. I have done three cycles in the past, and recovered fine from the first two. Never fully recovered from the last one, even though I did proper PCT; it's been years, and I'm still not fully recovered.

I've decided to hop on the HRT train for two reasons: (1) my test level is on the very low side of normal (200s), (2) I know that if a do a cycle in the future ever, it will take me so long to recover that I'd lose all gains and more...so instead of kissing anabolic steroids goodbye, I'd rather just hop on the HRT train, and do low dose cycles from now on out.

OK, here is my HRT plan:

1. Store my sperm: I've already stored sperm at a sperm bank in case I develop azoospermia.

2. Protect my hair: I've started Finasteride at 1.25 mg/day (splitting one Proscar tablet into 4 pieces). I will not start the testosterone until at least 2-3 weeks of starting Fina. I also have purchased Minoxidil and Nizoral shampoo.

3. Pre-HRT bloodwork: Cholesterol (including HDL, LDL, TG), LFTs (liver), TFTs (thyroid), DHT, PSA, estradiol, and progesterone. Anything else needed? (Also, what is E2? I know it has to do with estrogen, but what specifically? Is there an E1 as well?)

4. Cruise: I will be taking 150 mg/week of test-E. I will adjust the dosage according to my blood work, to make sure that I am on the high side of normal.

5. Blast: Every so often, I will run a test only cycle, no more than 400 mg/wk for a few months, then back down to the cruise dose.

6. Anti-E: 0.5 mg EOD of Arimidex. I will tweak this after doing blood work in three months. I might lower this to 0.25 mg EOD when on cruise, and 0.5 mg EOD when on blast. Is this right?

7. Protect testicular size: I have absolutely no experience with HCG and I really hate that I need to use something that needs to be stored in the fridge and mixed myself. Sigh. OK, I am thinking of shooting 500 IUs on day 5 and 6 (with day 7 being the test day), so a total of 1000 IUs of HCG per week.

8. Blood work every three months.

9. Clean up diet.

10. Cardio five times a week, 40 minutes a day. Hit weights six times a week.

I think I've included everything here. Please critique. And if you could just use the numbering system I used above and comment on each number if it is ok, I would really appreciate that. Lots of experienced people on this board and I want to benefit from them.

Thanks so much.
    I think 250iu HCG twice a week would suffice your needs

ruffcute is offline Associate Member
    not a vet, but if you hit weights 6 time a week, it doesnt leave much room for recovery, or letting you muscles rest

BuffedGuy is offline Senior Member
    Deleted........

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    how long ago was your last cycle?

what did it consist of?

what was your pct?

I really don't know why someone who is not competing would want to go on HRT that young.

Quote Originally Posted by derek7m View Post
    how long ago was your last cycle?
    Two years at least.

what did it consist of?
    Test and Deca

what was your pct?
    The Anthony Roberts PCT. Got it from this site.

I really don't know why someone who is not competing would want to go on HRT that young.
    Well, here is the thing: I have two choices here. Either I don't ever touch steroids again, which in this case I would have low-normal levels the rest of my life. Or I go on HRT. I don't think there is any middle ground. If I cycle again, then it will likely take me a couple years to recover (like it did my last time around), so I'd lose all gains (and feel cruddy for that long period of time due to low test levels) so what is the point of cycling at all? It seems to me that it is the choice between cycling or not cycling ever again. What I am saying is: I don't think I can recover from another cycle of test, since the last cycle shut me down so hard. What you think?

You think I should just try another cycle, huge PCT, and then see if I recover from it? How long do I wait? I waited a couple years and never fully recovered...Like I told you, test in the 200s. It just feels like if I touch steroids again, I'll never fully recover so might as well get on HRT...or it would just take too long (2 years) so that it would not serve any practical purpose.

Dinosaur is offline Member
    I think you have done your homework and you are more carefull this time than the previous times.

this dose above is normal and I hope that it will do the trick.
    but one thing I don't understand is why you want to go up to 400mg a week while that is considered a cycle.

. Protect testicular size: I have absolutely no experience with HCG and I really hate that I need to use something that needs to be stored in the fridge and mixed myself. Sigh. OK, I am thinking of shooting 500 IUs on day 5 and 6 (with day 7 being the test day), so a total of 1000 IUs of HCG per week.

I don't know why ur trying to run 1000ius of hcg while 250ius to 500ius are sufficient enough.

FallenWyvern is offline Senior Member
    My thoughts are aligned with charrif's. I think 150 week with .25 adex eod is good for TRT. Not sure why you would want to blast. I think blast could be an option maybe when you have plateaued.

I think you have done your homework.

Green light.

smokethedays is offline Veni, Vedi, Vici.
    Blog Entries
    I think 150 mg/week is a little high for HRT, given that your normal production is around 50-70 mg/week.
    Why would you go on HCG while on cycle?

IMO cycle it evey 16 weeks for 30 days at a high dose every 4th day. for ex 2500IU every 4th day for 4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by smokethedays View Post
    I think 150 mg/week is a little high for HRT, given that your normal production is around 50-70 mg/week.
    Why would you go on HCG while on cycle?

IMO cycle it evey 16 weeks for 30 days at a high dose every 4th day. for ex 2500IU every 4th day for 4 weeks.
    That was close to my HCG regiment. 3 times a year, 2000iu/week, 5 days after my shot, for 5 weeks, 1 bottle. Brought em back pretty quick. Nothing but cosmetic though.

100-200mgs a week is a standard TRT prescription. It seems to me that 150week is a sweet spot for most.
    Last edited by FallenWyvern; 04-28-2009 at 06:08 AM.

Sorry for the delay...I had internet problems. I really appreciate the advice from the vets here.

Quote Originally Posted by charrif View Post
    I think you have done your homework and you are more carefull this time than the previous times.
    Thanks.

but one thing I don't understand is why you want to go up to 400mg a week while that is considered a cycle.
    I plan on running cycles maybe twice a year, and then the rest of the year on TRT.

I don't know why ur trying to run 1000ius of hcg while 250ius to 500ius are sufficient enough.
    Ok thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    I think 150 week with .25 adex eod is good for TRT.
    K, thanks.

Not sure why you would want to blast.
    Can't resist.

I think you have done your homework.

Green light.
    Great! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by smokethedays View Post
    OK, thanks...like I said, I know very little about hcg . I appreciate the advice.

Quote Originally Posted by FallenWyvern View Post
    That was close to my HCG regiment. 3 times a year, 2000iu/week, 5 days after my shot, for 5 weeks, 1 bottle. Brought em back pretty quick. Nothing but cosmetic though.
    I'm only looking for the cosmetic effect. OK, looks like I'll have to decide between what smoke said and what you said. I need to understand your hcg regime a bit more...So you do 2000 IU once a week for five weeks? And you do this three times a year? Correct?

100-200mgs a week is a standard TRT prescription. It seems to me that 150week is a sweet spot for most.
    The extra 50 just to put me in the top range, hehe.

^^^yes exactly on the HCG . There might be a better plan though. People use HCG for different reasons.

Thread Information