Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gettinbig01 is offline Associate Member

Doc 500mg Test- Help please

My doctor just put me on Test. It says Testerone E on the form so I am assuming its Enthante. He is trying me out at 500MG in one shot every 4 weeks. Will this do anything since it not every week why would he do it every 4 weeks. Any opinions?

Bio-boosted is offline Member
    Younger guys get half this dose. To my knowledge.
    It's replacement shot not a BBer dosage.

CHAP is offline Anabolic Member
    Good dose if it were split up into weekly doses.

With you only having 1 shot a month. Your level will drasticly drop off after week 2 and your gonna feel like shit.

You need to at the very least get a shot every 2 weeks to not feel like you have been run over by a train.

meathead320 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gettinbig01 View Post
    My doctor just put me on Test. It says Testerone E on the form so I am assuming its Enthante. He is trying me out at 500MG in one shot every 4 weeks. Will this do anything since it not every week why would he do it every 4 weeks. Any opinions?
    I'd suggest asking him about splitting the dose up into 100mg EW.

I have a script for 200 EW myself, but I only use half of it, and I have been feeling great on only 100 EW.

My test levels are at the top of the normal range on only 100, and I feel that it higher than about 99.9% of men older than 21.

See if you can get him to let you do the shots yourself, and explain to him that you think you would be a lot more level doing 100 mg every 7 days, vs. 500 every 30.

I cannot see why he wouldnt be ok with that, its not like you would be using more, just splitting the dose up.

What do you guys feel from experience will be the most a Dr will give out a month to a 30 y/o. He just started me with 500mg months. He said lets see how I feel and what the blood tests show.

chicmagnet is offline Senior Member
    You would feel better with 250mg/fortnight. This is a pretty average HRT dose, everyone is different wait and see what your bloods reveal with your current dosage, it is the only way to be sure. 30 is kind of young so he'll prolly be pretty careful. hope this helps and good luck.

What should the does be to give me some muscle advantages

You will notice a difference with these levels if you had low test beforehand and then you can cycle if you want.

amcon is offline physical pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside... The pain of quiting will lasts forever!!
    that is a bad thing you will be all jacked up for the first few days then come down... some one help me here but will the test e at 500 mgs last a full 4 weeks??? my guess is no no no

my suggestiong wous be 125 a week much better choice

NO Half life of Enanthate is approx 3 weeks

Hormone levels will be more stable with fortnightly or weekly injections. I do 250mg/10 days. I have done fortnightly, didn't feel much different other than test level were'nt at desired level with fortnightly inj.

But will 500 even improve muscle mass other than just my sex drive ETC. Also being this is from the Dr. I am assuming its more powerful and correctly dosed as comepared to other products that we have all used years ago on the black market

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    With test e your levels will peak days 3.5 to 4 and then drop off somewhat to about day 7 and then to whatever your natty level is (if any) in about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks. Your Doc has no clue. Do your research and present it to him/her. If you are injecting yourself 100/week would be a million times better for you. Good Luck.

Silver-Bolt is offline Associate Member
    Split that into 125mg weekly doses and you are good. Hitting 500mg monthly will have huge highs and even bigger crashes. The first week you will feel great but each week after that will be a decline. Doing a smaller dose weekly will keep you balanced.

But would i see any muscle growth off 125mg a week.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    But would i see any muscle growth off 125mg a week.
    Only if you are in the gym working out, yes. Since you had LOW test levels any normal levels you will see more muscle growth than before. I am on around 200mg a week myself.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I would spread it out weekly if possible. 500mgs is a lot at one time. you will feel great and then come down way before your next shot.
    I am suprised the doc would give you that much in one monthly injection. You run the risk of converting into estrogen too when you take that much at one time.
    I would go back in when you crash and tell him you need more and not so much all at once.

How much do you guys feel I should ask my Dr weekly for

ZonaDave is offline Member
    the standard dose is front load with 200mg the first week, then 100mg/week for 4-6 weeks before retesting. dosage is changed based on blood results and symptoms.

from what i read on the boards most guys are on between 100mg-150mg/week.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Do not start at less than 100 mg per week.

Just get the Doc to spread out the 500mg/mth to weekly inj.

starkiller is offline Associate Member
    I would have to agree with mostly allthe guys; it too much too far apart. my doc tried to script me at 200mg test cyp every 2 weeks i simply asked for a weekly dose and he kindly replied w/ 100mgs a week. this is a stable dose however iam going to ask him for a bump w/ next blood test. best of luck.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I do best at 125 per week. Doc should test you every month and adjust until your levels are right. Once you are set, see if you can inject at home so you can play with the dose.

j4ever41 is offline Senior Member
    i can only reinforce what others have said, i would ask for 125mg per week that will give you the 500 per month he has prescribed,then adjust from there via blood work,with once per month you will feel good for about a week and after that, crappy.

Tjohn6231 is offline Associate Member
    I agree with everyone about weekly doses. Im prescribed 200mg every 2 weeks. The weekly injects of 100 are better. If you present some facts to your doc about the half life of the test then he will most likely change it for you.
    If you inject yourself, then you can change it.

Vettester is offline Banned
    My original doctor wanted to go with a once per month routine also. It took some extra steps with other doctors, but now it's once per week, in my case 200mg. Definitely go with a once a week routine if possible.

Thanks for all the info, I will talk to DR on my next visit.

Thread Information