Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: avg hrt test dose per week and arimidex dose per week?

bladehines is offline Junior Member

avg hrt test dose per week and arimidex dose per week?

i am currently working with an endocrinologist. i am taking 400mg every sun current test levels are at 1100 (she wants it to be around 1200) on fri when blood is drawn. suppose to start 1mg of arimidex per week for a month then 1 every other week for a month then 1 a month after that.

does this sound right? so far i feel pretty good but moody since i havent been taking arimidex for the last 3 months on cycle.

thanks to everyone

ZonaDave is offline Member
    that's alot of T to only get you to 1100! but, everyone is different. i was taking 200mg/week and that put me at 2400.

that adex schedule doesn't sound right. doc's usually prescribe a dose like .25mg-.5mg EOD and adjust depending on blood results and symptoms.

do you know what your E2 was on your last blood draw?

here's a quick and dirty formula for adex dosing:

lets say your E2 is 45 and your current adex dose is .25mg EOD, your new dose to get down to 20 is (45/20 X .25mg = .56mg EOD)

double post sorry
    Last edited by bladehines; 10-16-2009 at 08:46 AM.

thanks! did they lower your dose to get you lower then 1200?

i am not on arimidex yet will strt this next week. thinking t level will go up. i will see about getting my labs ad see what my estro was

thanks again!

oh yeah question i am 27 if you were in my spot would you cycle on and off 3 months on 6 weeks off to keep fertility good? i want to have kids some time in the next 3-5 years doc said i would only cone off when i wanted kids...... i didnt like that answer much knowing i could be infertil after 2 straight years of test shots.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Quote Originally Posted by bladehines View Post
    i am currently working with an endocrinologist. i am taking 400mg every sun current test levels are at 1100 (she wants it to be around 1200) on fri when blood is drawn. suppose to start 1mg of arimidex per week for a month then 1 every other week for a month then 1 a month after that.

does this sound right? so far i feel pretty good but moody since i havent been taking arimidex for the last 3 months on cycle.

thanks to everyone
    Thats a crazy amount of testosterone for HRT, in fact thats a cycle not HRT 400mgs per wk. It will also send your levels sky high and well over 1100, in my experience HRT is normally given at around 100mgs-200mgs per wk depending on your endo and levels.

Tjohn6231 is offline Associate Member
    Im 33, and my natural level was around 320 when I started HRT. I only get 125 mg/week. I blast around 600mg/week for 12-14 weeks (which Im doing now), but I will be going back to my HRT dose after that. Im even thinking of coming off test completely for a little while. I have 2 kids already, and my wife had her tubes tied, so Im not planning anymore kids, but I still dont want to be on test 12 months a year.
    I havent made up my mind yet, but I feel that its good to let your body recover sometimes.
    Deen54 likes this.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Agree completely with Marcus. I don't quite get the doc wanting you at 1200 either, when you're at 1100 already. 1100 is really high as it is when looking at it from a HRT perspective. The Endo I deal with was taken back with me at 895. Usually, it seems that the female doctors are ultra conservative when it comes to TRT. You've apparently got one that is on the other end of the spectrum.

As Dave mentioned, the Arimidex schedule doesn't look right either. Usually, it's an EOD program with that stuff. I'm surprised a doc would give you that much for 3 months and not cover the AI end of it with you.

HCG is an option for your fertility concerns. Have you spoke with the doc about something like this?

Good luck!

thanks guys.
    starting off my t levels was 434, 200mg a week took it down to 297 by fri when blood was drawn. hence why she took me up to 400mg a week. i am thinking of finding a different doc due to this one not being on the ball when it comes to everything. but for now i guess i will try and do the doses of test and dex for the next 4 weeks and come offfor 6 weeks and take clomid after the first 2 weeks and then start back 400mg and dex straight of the bat so i am not up and down all the time....
    also would my levels go up, down or stay the same if i took 200mg sun morn then 200mg thurs evening so the dose is more even though the week? i will talk to her next week and see if she agrees with me coming off for a while.

thanks again

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    thanks guys.
    starting off my t levels was 434, 200mg a week took it down to 297 by fri when blood was drawn. hence why she took me up to 400mg a week. i am thinking of finding a different doc due to this one not being on the ball when it comes to everything. but for now i guess i will try and do the doses of test and dex for the next 4 weeks and come offfor 6 weeks and take clomid after the first 2 weeks and then start back 400mg and dex straight of the bat so i am not up and down all the time....
    also would my levels go up, down or stay the same if i took 200mg sun morn then 200mg thurs evening so the dose is more even though the week? i will talk to her next week and see if she agrees with me coming off for a while.

thanks again
    That isnt a hrt dose, your doing a cycle 400mgs per wk is a cycle not replacement for your natural testosterone

ok i get it i am on a cycle not trt or hrt but i am doing as the doc says and my t levels are in normal range for her.

next question.... is there another drug i can take to get the same or similar results as arimidex , like nolvadex , etc...... that cost less mainly. insurance wont pay for arimidex and it around 11 dollars a pill around where i live.

tboney is offline Anabolic Member
    aromasin

Quote Originally Posted by tboney View Post
    aromasin
    about the same price.... thanks though.

nonotone is offline Associate Member
    ----
    Last edited by nonotone; 05-20-2014 at 06:26 AM.

ok i get it i am on a cycle not trt or hrt but i am doing as the doc says and my t levels are in normal range for her.

next question.... is there another drug i can take to get the same or similar results as arimidex, like nolvadex, etc...... that cost less mainly. insurance wont pay for arimidex and it around 11 dollars a pill around where i live.
    You might look at some LiquiDex at AR-R (Red banner at top). Lion will give you an extra 5% off of the published price.

Quote Originally Posted by konateh View Post
    In theory - 400 mg week of testosterone would for most people sky rocket testosterone levels in serum to very high values, but pharmacogenetics plays a role here. Some people will have much faster metabolism of some molecules, so it is in fact possible for the op to need large doses of test for being able to respond to the treatment.

When it comes down to it I do have big problems believing you, first off it is an incredibly small chance that you have such a fast metabolism, second I doubt any doctor would risk you going over the reference range in any case, but then again - why would you lie?..
    no reason to lie your right. but her range was 300-1200. you can check online for my SN bladehines. i have a couple of threads here and on S10 forum. i also have a bodyspace profile with picsfrom last year. my metabolisim is VERY high. and weird thing turns out i have and under active thyroid condition and i am now on armor thyroid i take 2 grains a day. thyroid level was 5.01 she has me under 3.0 i think which would have doubled my metabolisim. you can believe me or not. anything you want me to post to prove i am telling the truth i will.....

got scrip for arimidex today took my first dose. next dose sunday after my shot. we will see how eveything goes

thanks! did they lower your dose to get you lower then 1200?

i am not on arimidex yet will strt this next week. thinking t level will go up. i will see about getting my labs ad see what my estro was

thanks again!

oh yeah question i am 27 if you were in my spot would you cycle on and off 3 months on 6 weeks off to keep fertility good? i want to have kids some time in the next 3-5 years doc said i would only cone off when i wanted kids...... i didnt like that answer much knowing i could be infertil after 2 straight years of test shots.
    yes, my doc and i agreed on 140mg/week so now i split my shots (70mg 2x/week) and that puts my at 1250. 200mg/week is just too much "for me" over long term.

TRT isn't meant to be cycled. doing that will just mess your hormones up even more.
    Last edited by ZonaDave; 10-20-2009 at 12:47 PM.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by ZonaDave View Post
    yes, my doc and i agreed on 140mg/week so now i split my shots (70mg 2x/week) and that puts my at 1250. 200mg/week is just too much over long term.

[B]TRT is meant to be cycled. doing that will just mess your hormones up even more.[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    woops, good catch!

woops, good catch!
    lol....you take time off right?

so your saying not taking time off will fvck up hormones?

lol....you take time off right?

so your saying not taking time off will fvck up hormones?
    that is what i think! so i am going to take off after this btl is up. but for how long? 1 month? 6 weeks? what do i need for pct? when do i start taking it?

nooooo, i corrected my post.

you "DON'T" cycle TRT. if you know any type 2 diabetics ask them if they cycle insulin .

you can stop TRT but you will revert back to how you felt before you started.

if you truly need hormone replacement then that means your body isn't capable of producing enough T. starting and stopping won't magically jump start your own production.

you "DON'T" cycle TRT. if you know any type 2 diabetics ask them if they cycle insulin .

if you truly need hormone replacement then that means your body isn't capable of producing enough T. starting and stopping won't magically jump start your own production.
    noooo i dont want to jump start mine back, but i know if i keep using i will have no way of having kids later in life. in order for me to keep the "factory" producing down there i need to come off steroids for my body to keep its fuction no matter the test level.

noooo i dont want to jump start mine back, but i know if i keep using i will have no way of having kids later in life. in order for me to keep the "factory" producing down there i need to come off steroids for my body to keep its fuction no matter the test level.
    that's not true bro, just add some HCG to your protocol and that will get the boys working.

that's not true bro, just add some HCG to your protocol and that will get the boys working.
    so if i wanted to i could add hcg while i am on cycle and everything would work like its suppose to? i would still want to come off due to health reasons

are you on TRT or running a cycle through your endo?

yeh...thats what i always thought and preached...i had just been reading a few posts where ppl come off for a bit...maybe run a little hcg alone, etc.....

are you on TRT or running a cycle through your endo?
    trt as my doc sees it but i dont think she knows what she is doing with injectables. she works with pellet implants which i opted not to do. but as i see it there is no way i can stay on and keep fertility without hcg 2 times a week. but i am going to make an app. and talk to her

yeh...thats what i always thought and preached...i had just been reading a few posts where ppl come off for a bit...maybe run a little hcg alone, etc.....
    My TRT protocol as follows:

Week 1-12 Test Cyp-200mg/wk
    Week 4-12 Anastrolzole .5mg/EOD

Week 13 & 14 off - Cold Turkey
    Week 15 & 16 = 10 days on HCG
    I will also be throwing in a 2 week Clen cycle at this time.

The doctor is adamant about giving the body a rest phase and let it try to stimulate LH and help with any atrophy issues. The HCG should help with preventing any crashing, which is never fun. This coming week should be week 10 for me, so I'm closing in with finishing out the Test. Then it will be into the holidays before I jump back on a similar, if not the same program.

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post

The doctor is adamant about giving the body a rest phase and let it try to stimulate LH and help with any atrophy issues. The HCG should help with preventing any crashing, which is never fun. This coming week should be week 10 for me, so I'm closing in with finishing out the Test. Then it will be into the holidays before I jump back on a similar, if not the same program.
    i like the idea...could you please post up during the off weeks 13-16

JPK, will gladly post during the HCG time. I'm really curious to see how it will effect my routine and progress in the weight room, if any? Although, I plan to treat it somewhat like a cut phase and I'm going to be doubling up a lot on the cardio routine. I'm at 12.5%BF now, and I want to see if this will be an opportunity to knock that down just a little before starting back on test. As long as I don't get the "crash" stuff, I'll be happy. My doc says, "Will be just fine". I'll let you know.

sounds like something i want to do. i will ask the doc and see what she says and also ask about using hcg, its pretty cheap right and how much and often would you take?

sounds like something i want to do. i will ask the doc and see what she says and also ask about using hcg, its pretty cheap right and how much and often would you take?
    I'm real curious what type of response you get since it is a female doctor. Seems the HRT panel here, including myself, hasn't had much luck with the female docs. Especially when looking to stimulate the testicles ... I'll be crossing my fingers for you! As far as my deal, I will do 500IU each day for 10 days straight.

I'm real curious what type of response you get since it is a female doctor. Seems the HRT panel here, including myself, hasn't had much luck with the female docs. Especially when looking to stimulate the testicles ... I'll be crossing my fingers for you! As far as my deal, I will do 500IU each day for 10 days straight.
    well she seems pretty cool to talk to.... really i think anyone could talk to her say they wasnt felling spunky anymore and she would give you just about anything you wanted. but we will see what she says. and if all else fails i will find a new doc (male) and get straighted out how i want. question though? if anyone was just doing a cycle of 400mg a week it would be doing ALOT more then it is doing to me. so if i wanted to do a "normal" dose equivilent to that how much would i have to run? is there anything i could add now to make mine work better? if i had to up my dose to a higher level would the health risks be worst or not since i use it fast?

well she seems pretty cool to talk to.... really i think anyone could talk to her say they wasnt felling spunky anymore and she would give you just about anything you wanted. but we will see what she says. and if all else fails i will find a new doc (male) and get straighted out how i want. question though? if anyone was just doing a cycle of 400mg a week it would be doing ALOT more then it is doing to me. so if i wanted to do a "normal" dose equivilent to that how much would i have to run? is there anything i could add now to make mine work better? if i had to up my dose to a higher level would the health risks be worst or not since i use it fast?
    you ARE running 400mg ew....how long have you been running that dose? what are your goals?

you ARE running 400mg ew....how long have you been running that dose? what are your goals?
    200mg was 8 weeks then 400mg 10 total weeks when i finish this last vial. goal was to feel better and accutally have a good sex drive and to enjoy it. but 400mg still isnt doing it?!? i dunno why kind scares me i have the best fiance in the world, we have been together for 5 years my sex drive has always been like this. and in the 5 years i have only had 1 time that i accutally had an orgazim, everytime we have done anything i have just ejaculated. really sucks for me and her, hurt the relationship for the first couple years she thought i didnt love her or want her. but anyway that is the main goal and if i get big in the process that would be nice too.

200mg was 8 weeks then 400mg 10 total weeks when i finish this last vial. goal was to feel better and accutally have a good sex drive and to enjoy it. but 400mg still isnt doing it?!? i dunno why kind scares me i have the best fiance in the world, we have been together for 5 years my sex drive has always been like this. and in the 5 years i have only had 1 time that i accutally had an orgazim, everytime we have done anything i have just ejaculated. really sucks for me and her, hurt the relationship for the first couple years she thought i didnt love her or want her. but anyway that is the main goal and if i get big in the process that would be nice too.
    like stated in several threads....hormones (test, etc.) are not the only factors in determining libido....and 400mg is way plenty anyway...hope you get dialed in bro

like stated in several threads....hormones (test, etc.) are not the only factors in determining libido....and 400mg is way plenty anyway...hope you get dialed in bro
    well she said my hgh level was fine.... well my igf-1 was fine hgh when drawn was .95 what else could help? or be the problem any ideas?

well she said my hgh level was fine.... well my igf-1 was fine hgh when drawn was .95 what else could help? or be the problem any ideas?
    of course...phsycological...physical, etc....

Bladehines, a couple of posts ago we were talking about HCG . Did you talk to the doctor about HCG or are you actually just talking about HGH? Sometimes the two get confused, and obviously they're totally different products.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information