Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    subnet is offline Associate Member

low'ish total testosterone level but high free T-level - Updated 3rd test results

hey 'guys' - my second blood test came back with a total test serum level of 359 (previous was 241) but with a free testosterone level of >49 picogram/mL. With the LabCorp numbers showing free testosterone guidelines as being:

* 30-39 years 8.7-25.1 picogram/mL
    * 40-49 years 6.8-21.5 picogram/mL

I will be 40 in 1 month, but regardless my free level is MUCH higher than the top end. Everything I've read is about having low free-test levels with either high or low total test level, but I haven't been able to find anything about high free testosterone level (very high) with a low total testosterone level. I have symptoms of low testosterone (irritability, weight gain, poor sleeping, hot flashes) but am otherwise healthy (5'10" and 190lbs).

Everyting else tested by my Endocrinologist was in the 'normal' range (PSH, etc.). She wants to re-test in a month for the free level, but I still want to explore options regarding my total level since I would like it to be higher and get rid of my symptoms.

Is there any reason my free level would be so high when the total level is low?
    Last edited by subnet; 11-05-2009 at 02:06 PM.

Thread Information