jeepers is offline Associate Member

Question DOCTOR issues... what to Do.

Let me start by saying that I am a little disgruntled with my Endocrinologist as of late. The reasons you ask????? Sure let me tell you

1. Total lack of follow through on blood work, lack of communication
    2. Constantly adjusting my prescription WITHOUT re writing the Rx.

When I started on TRT I was having to administer 200 mg every 2 weeks. Then he moves me to 150mg every week, and lastly to 200 mg every week. YET I still have a prescription for 200mg every 2 weeks.
    The frustrating thing is the Pharmacy will only fill a 30 day supply meaning htat I get those SMALL 1 ml vials x’s 2 fro a month (400mg) That used to last the month but now with the increase I run out for 2 solid weeks. I called and spoke with the Endo and was told that he cannot give me a new Rx because this is a controlled substance…

TIME TO FIND A NEW PHYSICIAN……

Because I live in the USA and I 'm foerced to use my HMO right now, I might be forced to continue using this endocrinologist. The guy really works for me adn I soundlnt have to keep on top of him right >

sirupate is offline Member
    I think that most of us are there right now, or will be at some time in the future (frustrated with our TRT doc). In a recent visit to my endo., I was complaining that I don't feel as good as I did just after starting TRT and I asked if my natural testosterone had shut down finally after four months of 5gms. Androgel /daily. His answer was...no, that isn't the problem, as "he didn't give me a big enough dose to stop my natural production". Now my "nads" have gotten smaller, and my libido has definately decreased a bunch. A little less energy and mood lift too.

His answer was that we need to look elsewhere for the cause...thyroid, polycythemia, liver, etc. I did bloodwork and a liver ultrasound following that visit and find out the results next week. But dang, it is frustrating. His treatment response to my tests will determine if I keep him on as my doc.

Have a line on a wellness doc. in the area and may try him next.

sirp
    Last edited by sirupate; 08-06-2010 at 09:45 AM. Reason: clarification

Man I heard you... I did "abuse" AAS when I was in h.s and College.. former D-1 sports guy.

I told him about this as well... I had to get ulta sounds of the balls, MRI of hte head, blood work out the ass just to find that my pituiatary gland is being LAZY and not kicking in naturally....

Quote Originally Posted by jeepers View Post
    Man I heard you... I did "abuse" AAS when I was in h.s and College.. former D-1 sports guy.

I told him about this as well... I had to get ulta sounds of the balls, MRI of hte head, blood work out the ass just to find that my pituiatary gland is being LAZY and not kicking in naturally....

Forgot to mention that I'm not sond 21 year old either (These guys just need to fawking come clean and tell exactly WHY they need TRT... AAS ABUSE with no fawking PCT I'd guess without the patience to let it bounch back naturally..... post cycle depression and feel like shit... MAN UP GUYS It's part of the FUN)

Vettester is offline Banned
    I wish the Society of Endocrinology would read some of these threads. I don't know when the last time I read someone's thread talking about how great their endo is, and how he treats their problem and not just the score. All I hear (and have experienced too) is that they just push people out the door to go find anti aging doctors that will treat them properly. I mean really, what does controlled substance have to with the script being once a week? Just more crap these guys make up on the fly!
    Last edited by Vettester; 08-06-2010 at 10:28 AM.

Thread Information