OneAB is offline New Member

TRT and Bloodwork Timing

Hey guys, I have been on TRT since August of 09 and have been feeling better since I started. My Uro had me doing 200mg every two weeks. From a few members advice I switched to 100mg a week. On a side note I did not notice much of a difference from bi-weekly to weekly injections. I would like some opinions on the ideal time to have your levels tested. My last test in early December came in at 571. I had blood taken 2 weeks after my last injection and 4 hrs. prior to my next scheduled injection. I have to return in early March and would like to see what your recommendations are on when I should get tested after my last injection to find out what my mid level numbers are. My Uro suggested to come in the next morning after my injection. What do you guys think? Thanks fellas.

subnet is offline Associate Member
    OneAB - my Dr. wanted to test my levels at their peak (or there-abouts). I've heard other people here discuss getting their levels checked right before their injection, where their T will be the lowest. Depends on the Dr. and what they're looking for.

When I had my blood work on day 13 after my first 200mg injection, my Total T was 183 and I felt like crap the 3 or 4 days before. Decided to start weekly injections. On day 3 after a 100mg injection (which was every 6 days at that point), I was at 805 - this would have been my peak level.

I personally would like to know what my levels are at their peak and after a certain number of days to see how often I should inject. Currently am on 120mg every week but haven't been at this long, and am doing a follow-up in about a month or so.

Maybe you're one of 'those' that can handle injections every 2 weeks - I know I couldn't with my level at 183.
    Last edited by subnet; 01-21-2010 at 02:56 PM.

buckeyes#1 is offline Junior Member
    Just got my levels checked on day 13 before my fourth inject (200mg every 2 weeks). I was at a 364, but felt like I did before I even started. Asked for weekly shots and get handed a referral to see another doctor (#4)

Brian McClay is offline Junior Member
    Unless I missed it you did not mention what test ester you were using but if it is E or cyp. then I would think that your most useful numbers would be the half life numbers of the testosterone ester and that would be day 6 or 7.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyes#1 View Post
    Just got my levels checked on day 13 before my fourth inject (200mg every 2 weeks). I was at a 364, but felt like I did before I even started. Asked for weekly shots and get handed a referral to see another doctor (#4)
    Are you self injecting or do you have to visit the Doctors office? I feel your pain on the finding the right Doc game. I had to see 2 different Uros and 1 Endo before someone would help me. I convinced my Uro to let me self administer the shots. If you can convince yours then you can adjust your injection schedule as needed. Hope it all works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian McClay View Post
    Unless I missed it you did not mention what test ester you were using but if it is E or cyp. then I would think that your most useful numbers would be the half life numbers of the testosterone ester and that would be day 6 or 7.
    Yes, it is Test C. This will be the first time I am getting tested since I switched my protocol from every 2 weeks to every 1 week.

Brian McClay is offline Junior Member
    please post your numbers after you go from once every two weeks to once every week I think it would be great information for everyone.

talstar is offline Junior Member
    Mine wants test done on the day of inject.(6)

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    I find that most people do well on injections of 2x weekly 100mgs per shot. you want your levels above 500 for sure. low is 500. 250mgs is just legal bs.

Thread Information