mang is offline New Member

Possibly starting 200mg Test shots. Few Q's.

Had my T levels checked twice a few months apart, first number came back 231, second number 261(this past monday). I am 23 and the Doc is giving me a script for 200 mg/week. Not sure if its Cyp or E. I am concerned with the "peaks and valleys" issue and was thinking if it would be ok to administer a shot every 6 days instead of 7? I'm not sure if I have "Gyno" because I do not have sensitive nipples or lumps anywhere, but I definitely have man boobs of some sort, which I am concerned with them growing larger and what can I do to prevent this?Also, has anyone experienced severe mood swings?what was the difference before and after TRT? I already have a pretty bad temper with low T levels and I'm really concerned(borderline scared)of anger outbursts. I tend to get pretty overly angry at times and I'm hoping so badly that this will have an adverse effect and calm me down alot and make me feel comfortable in my own skin. I am constantly self conscious and have racing thoughts about every little thing, even though I am complimented alot on my personality and how I treat other people(When they don't get on my bad side haha) I realize I am probably just being somewhat of a hypochondriac, if you will, about this but I am very anxious and this is how I get with this sort of stuff. I appreciate any help you fellow"TRT"ers can give me. thanks!
    Last edited by mang; 02-23-2010 at 07:59 PM.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mang View Post
    Had my T levels checked twice a few months apart, first number came back 231, second number 261(this past monday). I am 23 and the Doc is giving me a script for 200 mg/week. Not sure if its Cyp or E. I am concerned with the "peaks and valleys" issue and was thinking if it would be ok to administer a shot every 6 days instead of 7? I'm not sure if I have "Gyno" because I do not have sensitive nipples or lumps anywhere, but I definitely have man boobs of some sort, which I am concerned with them growing larger and what can I do to prevent this?Also, has anyone experienced severe mood swings?what was the difference before and after TRT? I already have a pretty bad temper with low T levels and I'm really concerned(borderline scared)of anger outbursts. I tend to get pretty overly angry at times and I'm hoping so badly that this will have an adverse effect and calm me down alot and make me feel comfortable in my own skin. I am constantly self conscious and have racing thoughts about every little thing, even though I am complimented alot on my personality and how I treat other people(When they don't get on my bad side haha) I realize I am probably just being somewhat of a hypochondriac, if you will, about this but I am very anxious and this is how I get with this sort of stuff. I appreciate any help you fellow"TRT"ers can give me. thanks!
    Mang, welcome to the site. Those test levels are definitely low, and definitely concerning with regards to your age. Were you involved with steroids in the past, or are there other medical conditions that you think might be contributing to the low levels? Regardless, the 200mg/wk should definitely give you a noticeable boost in your levels ... Give it a few weeks to start taking notice, and 4-to-6 weeks to really kick in. I'm not sure what to say about the anger outbursts. I know how I feel when I'm at 190's on test levels -vs- 800's ... At higher levels, I'm more calm, more confident, can think clearer, and definitely have better rationale in general. If you have other issues with anxiety and such, you might consider talking to the doctor about beta blockers, and take the steps needed to make it better.

IMO, 7 days is perfect for taking shots ... In my case, every Friday like clockwork. I don't know exactly what your chest looks like, but chances are that you can morph it by hitting the gym heavy and changing up to a real clean diet. I would heavily encourage that you have your doctor put you on some Arimidex /Anastrozole. Do you know your numbers for your Estradial, and any other stats you might want to share?

baja212 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Mang, welcome to the site. Those test levels are definitely low, and definitely concerning with regards to your age. Were you involved with steroids in the past, or are there other medical conditions that you think might be contributing to the low levels? Regardless, the 200mg/wk should definitely give you a noticeable boost in your levels ... Give it a few weeks to start taking notice, and 4-to-6 weeks to really kick in. I'm not sure what to say about the anger outbursts. I know how I feel when I'm at 190's on test levels -vs- 800's ... At higher levels, I'm more calm, more confident, can think clearer, and definitely have better rationale in general. If you have other issues with anxiety and such, you might consider talking to the doctor about beta blockers, and take the steps needed to make it better.

IMO, 7 days is perfect for taking shots ... In my case, every Friday like clockwork. I don't know exactly what your chest looks like, but chances are that you can morph it by hitting the gym heavy and changing up to a real clean diet. I would heavily encourage that you have your doctor put you on some Arimidex/Anastrozole. Do you know your numbers for your Estradial, and any other stats you might want to share?
    My doctor is wishy-washy on perscribing Arimidex , because the clincal indication is post menopausal females with advance breast cancer. Some physicians don't like to think out side the box.

Quote Originally Posted by baja212 View Post
    My doctor is wishy-washy on perscribing Arimidex , because the clincal indication is post menopausal females with advance breast cancer. Some physicians don't like to think out side the box.
    And that is one key attribution to the birth of Anti Aging Clinics.

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post

IMO, 7 days is perfect for taking shots ... In my case, every Friday like clockwork. I don't know exactly what your chest looks like, but chances are that you can morph it by hitting the gym heavy and changing up to a real clean diet. I would heavily encourage that you have your doctor put you on some Arimidex/Anastrozole. Do you know your numbers for your Estradial, and any other stats you might want to share?
    Thanks for the input! I have never experimented with AAS or PH's and the doc didn't say or even check really why my levels were that low, he automatically put me on TRT. I am going to see another doc tomorrow for a second opinion. Doc said estrogen levels were fine and thyroid was fine. Ill be picking up the blood results tomorrow along with the prescription, so I can see what else he tested.
    Last edited by mang; 02-07-2010 at 08:25 AM.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Thanks for the input! I have never experimented with AAS or PH's and the doc didn't say or even check really why my levels were that low, he automatically put me on TRT. I am going to see another doc tomorrow for a second opinion. Doc said estrogen levels were fine and thyroid was fine. Ill be picking up the blood results tomorrow along with the prescription, so I can see what else he tested.
    Has the doc tested your lh levels? If not he should! At your age i would try anything and everything before jumping into pinning once a week for the rest of your life! talk to the doc about trying to restart your testosterone levels as well. Good luck and a second opinion is always a good idea. Also make sure you are having your testosterone levels checked in the morning as close to waking as possible so that you will know what your levels are at the highest point of the day! Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jim230027 View Post
    Has the doc tested your lh levels? If not he should! At your age i would try anything and everything before jumping into pinning once a week for the rest of your life! talk to the doc about trying to restart your testosterone levels as well. Good luck and a second opinion is always a good idea. Also make sure you are having your testosterone levels checked in the morning as close to waking as possible so that you will know what your levels are at the highest point of the day! Jim
    No hes kind of a pain in the ass TBH. Getting this guy to do a full hormone panel is like pulling teeth. I'm going to the new doctor today so hopefully it brings me some results that I am pleased with, not just, " your test is low, heres some needles and 200mg test" some would be happy with this haha but I don't really want to stick myself with needles unless I have explored all options and that is the only thing that will help me. I'd much rather find the direct source.

Brian McClay is offline Junior Member
    you can't possibly get better advise than that given above by vetteman, I think he said it all. As far as the anger management, you might be pleasently supprised once your test levels even out and 200 mg per week should keep you at the upper end of the spectrum. Good luck

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    glad youre going to a new doctor

OK so I misread the prescription.
    He wants to put me on 100mg Test-E/every 4 weeks. That seems very low compared to what everyone else on this board states what they're receiving from their doctor. I have some numbers from my most recent blood test ...

TSH-0.947 limit 0.450-4.500
    FSH-2.5 limit 1.5-12.4.
    LH-2.7 limit 1.7- 8.6.
    Prolactin-5.9 limit 4.0-15.2.
    Testosterone -265(34 point higher than last blood test about 2 months ago, 231)
    Progesterone-0.6 limit 0.2-1.4
    Estrogen-66 limit 40-115

subnet is offline Associate Member
    100mg every 4 weeks, not 100mg per week? If it's the former (100mg every 4 weeks), you'll definitely feel like crap and it won't do a thing for you. I am currently at 120mg per week and a lot of us are at least 100mg. My first injection was at 200mg and by about day 10, I felt terrible. If you are at 100mg per week, expect to feel OK for 8 or so days and sh!tty for the rest of the month. I now inject every week (as most people here say) to keep my levels more steady.

You would probably be better off taking nothing, opposed to taking 100mg every 4 weeks ... IMHO

Thanks for the input guys. Yea I figured that 100mg/month is pretty stupid. I'm in the process of finding a good endocrinologist at the moment. For now, Ill just be starting at my one vial of test-e. I'm so skeptical to try it out cause I don't want to "crash" I can't afford to feel even worse then before I started. My schedule is too hectic to deal with the" peaks and valleys" But I am dying to know how this stuff makes me feel. I really have been feeling like shit lately,I think that this issue is really starting to get to me mentally(physically, I'm already screwed haha) but hopefully I can get to the root of my issue soon.

Thanks for the input guys. Yea I figured that 100mg/month is pretty stupid. I'm in the process of finding a good endocrinologist at the moment. For now, Ill just be starting at my one vial of test-e. I'm so skeptical to try it out cause I don't want to "crash" I can't afford to feel even worse then before I started. My schedule is too hectic to deal with the" peaks and valleys" But I am dying to know how this stuff makes me feel. I really have been feeling like shit lately,I think that this issue is really starting to get to me mentally(physically, I'm already screwed haha) but hopefully I can get to the root of my issue soon.
    is that vial a 1ml vial or a 10ml vial?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    is that vial a 1ml vial or a 10ml vial?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????
    EDIT: Staring at my vial.

Its a 5mL multiple dose vial.

That's what I have mang (mine is 5ml of Watson Test E). Based on 100mg per week, and with .5cc (1/2 ml) per dose, you'll get 10 doses out of the vial so 2 1/2 months. You could 'accidentally' dose at this amount of course , and still have time to find another Dr. or convince your current one that 100mg is putting you at a good level?

My total Test number before I started on TRT was just a tad under yours, and now dosing at 120mg/week I feel much, much better. My last round of blood work had me 805 at peak (3 days after injection). Did I say I feel MUCH better
    Last edited by subnet; 02-13-2010 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by subnet View Post
    That's what I have mang (mine is 5ml of Watson Test E). Based on 100mg per week, and with .5cc (1/2 ml) per dose, you'll get 10 doses out of the vial so 2 1/2 months. You could 'accidentally' dose at this amount of course , and still have time to find another Dr. or convince your current one that 100mg is putting you at a good level?

My total Test number before I started on TRT was just a tad under yours, and now dosing at 120mg/week I feel much, much better. My last round of blood work had me 805 at peak (3 days after injection). Did I say I feel MUCH better
    Glad to hear your doing much better dude! I can't wait to feel the same hopefully.Hmm.. I was unaware of this. I'm very new to this stuff and I don't even know how the dosing really works. From the amount that I see in the vial, it only looks 3/4 full. I don't see how this little thing will last me 2 1/2 months if I'm pulling a 1/2ml per dose weekly but I am a noob so don't judge = ) Also on the box it says QTY 5. 2 refills before 8/6/10, clearly I only have 2 refills but what does the 5 mean? I guess since he dosed me so low one vial should last a long time?? Sh*t I'm so over analytical and worrysome, you can tell I have a testosterone deficiency just by how I'm expressing my feelings on here haha.
    Last edited by mang; 02-13-2010 at 12:07 PM.

Sh*t I'm so over analytical and worrysome, you can tell I have a testosterone deficiency just by how I'm expressing my feelings on here haha.
    things will work out man (or should I say mang!) just slow down a bit/relax and start searching and reading here! There's lots of great posters here who have a lot of experience like jpk, zonadave, vetteman to name a few...

There's always a little bit of wastage so you might not get 10 doses from one bottle, but I can't see why it wouldn't be 9+. Yes the bottle's small but at .5ml per injection, that means 1ml per 2 weeks and with 5ml in the bottle that's 10 weeks!

As far as qty of 5 I'm not sure about that one as mine says the same, but I think it's referring to ml? You scored if you have 2 refills so that means you technically have upwards of 30 weeks worth if you are on 100mg/week!

Of course, Jim has a great point above in saying that a Dr. might be able to kick-start your own production and possibly raise your levels without having to go on TRT. I'm an old fart compared to you (40) and realize that I've needed this for quite some time. You have many more years of pinning yourself if you choose to go down the TRT path.
    Last edited by subnet; 02-13-2010 at 01:44 PM.

EDIT: Staring at my vial.

Its a 5mL multiple dose vial.
    k...looks like subnet has taken my hint and read my mind and i see that you have followed in the wisdom....

funny little story..when i first got my vial (10ml) it was supposed to be brought in to be injected by the doctor(or nurse) but it never saw the light of that doctors office as i began the saga at home...they never heard from me until the vial ran out!!!!!! lmao!! they actually refilled it twice b4 i ever needed to see another doctor...

i'm not saying this WILL work with all doctors...but as subnet said...you sometimes need to think outside the bun...

looks like youre learning fast and we look forward to having you around to share your own wisdom

^^ Double that x 2 with what JPKMAN and Subnet are saying ^^ Sometimes this becomes a little strategy game that you've got to play with the doctor's office. You hate doing it, but sometimes you've got to do it for sake of staying ahead of the curve. It's kind of like Hogan's Heros.

Thanks a ton for the responses and help guys! I was seriously at a loss for a bit but now that I'm researching more I am becoming slightly more comfortable with everything. I mean, I only realized a few hours ago that a 5mL bottle of 200mg/ml actually contains 1000mg of Test-e, I was sitting here dumbfounded for a bit wondering how 200 mg is going to last me 2 and 1/2 months at 100mg/week. I'm actually starting to think my doctor put on the script a very very low dose, to cover his own ass because I feel he thought I was seeking steroids and just incase anything were to happen, he wouldn't look bad. I mean, when I had spoken to the nurse she said he wants to start me on weekly shots, but when I received the vial and syringes,I was instructed to take 1/2ml/monthly.SO, I'm very glad to have that sorted out, now how the fudge do I stick a needle in my buttcheek haha!? any tips on that, or video tutorials anyone knows of? my girlfriend said she would absolutely do it for me but I want to learn to do it myself as well. I have ZERO experience with needle usage.Lastly, I am planning on seeing an Endo asap because why not, does anyone think I should hold off on the Shots until I speak with the Endo? I really am dying to see if this stuff makes me feel better because the conditions I have are really starting to effect my entire life and who knows how long it will be before I actually see the endo. My sincere apologies for the multiple questions fellas, but you guys have been the only source of good information I have really come across. THANKS A MILLION

Thanks a ton for the responses and help guys! I was seriously at a loss for a bit but now that I'm researching more I am becoming slightly more comfortable with everything. I mean, I only realized a few hours ago that a 5mL bottle of 200mg/ml actually contains 1000mg of Test-e, I was sitting here dumbfounded for a bit wondering how 200 mg is going to last me 2 and 1/2 months at 100mg/week. I'm actually starting to think my doctor put on the script a very very low dose, to cover his own ass because I feel he thought I was seeking steroids and just incase anything were to happen, he wouldn't look bad. I mean, when I had spoken to the nurse she said he wants to start me on weekly shots, but when I received the vial and syringes,I was instructed to take 1/2ml/monthly.SO, I'm very glad to have that sorted out, now how the fudge do I stick a needle in my buttcheek haha!? any tips on that, or video tutorials anyone knows of? my girlfriend said she would absolutely do it for me but I want to learn to do it myself as well. I have ZERO experience with needle usage.Lastly, I am planning on seeing an Endo asap because why not, does anyone think I should hold off on the Shots until I speak with the Endo? I really am dying to see if this stuff makes me feel better because the conditions I have are really starting to effect my entire life and who knows how long it will be before I actually see the endo. My sincere apologies for the multiple questions fellas, but you guys have been the only source of good information I have really come across. THANKS A MILLION
    please bro....we are so glad to help...we were once asking the same questions too..

endo appts usually take a month or two if your lucky unless you call everyday and ask if there are cancellations....

mang, not sure we're allowed to post links here but I'll try - spot injections dot com has pictures, and there's a youtube video by Dr. Runels (I think that's the spelling) that shows how to do a quad injection. For information, search Dr. John Crisler. There's also good links here in this site as to the proper way to inject IM. Definitely search for these to get the proper procedures. One thing that Runels doesn't do is aspirate which is important to make sure you haven't hit an artery/vein. I had my first injection at the Dr. office where he showed me how to do it, but I still read a ton to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything.

My Dr. said to only do glutes because there were more nerves in the quads and to avoid them, but I find quads easier. Glutes are more difficult because you have to twist around more vs just sitting down - that's my take anyways and all of us are different. I did my left delt yesterday for the first time and it was easy as well. It's also a good idea to move the injection sites around to not build scar tissue up from repeated injections in the same area.

I was a total newbie at injections and never did them before either! Now it's a piece of cake - the first few times it was a little stressful. From what I've read, you want to go 1 1/2" long in the glutes, 1" in the quads/thighs or 5/8" in the delts.

For gauge, the higher the number the thinner the needle and thinner = less pain. I use 25g but some use 23g. It's difficult to pull the Test from the vial with a 25g since the Test is in an oil base and thick, so what you want to do is to get 18g or so to draw it from the vial, and switch it to the 25g needle for the injection. I warm the bottle up in the sink first so that the Test is thinner and is more like body temperature. This way, I don't even feel it going in which I did when injecting 'cold'.

If you can get your gf to help, that's great! My wife isn't too keen on stabbing me so I go at it solo.

as jpk said, we're glad to help and have been right where you are! About endo's, they may or may not actually help you as TRT isn't entirely main-stream yet. Mine wanted to put me only on gel, and didn't even think testing for Estradiol was important. I didn't agree and went to a different Dr. who specializes more in TRT. I'm not saying endo's aren't good because they definitely have more training than your regular doc, and I do think it would be a good idea for you to see one. Just don't expect that they are as knowledgeable about TRT as you think they should be - they might be and you'll be in luck. If not, you'll just have to keep searching...

sorry for the long-winded response!

Dude, I completely appreciate long winded responses, I love to know in depth as much as possible about this sort of stuff, so I'm very thankful.

Quote Originally Posted by subnet View Post
    mang, not sure we're allowed to post links here but I'll try - spot injections dot com has pictures, and there's a youtube video by Dr. Runels (I think that's the spelling) that shows how to do a quad injection. For information, search Dr. John Crisler. There's also good links here in this site as to the proper way to inject IM. Definitely search for these to get the proper procedures. One thing that Runels doesn't do is aspirate which is important to make sure you haven't hit an artery/vein. I had my first injection at the Dr. office where he showed me how to do it, but I still read a ton to make sure I wasn't forgetting anything.

My Dr. said to only do glutes because there were more nerves in the quads and to avoid them, but I find quads easier. Glutes are more difficult because you have to twist around more vs just sitting down - that's my take anyways and all of us are different. I did my left delt yesterday for the first time and it was easy as well. It's also a good idea to move the injection sites around to not build scar tissue up from repeated injections in the same area.

I was a total newbie at injections and never did them before either! Now it's a piece of cake - the first few times it was a little stressful. From what I've read, you want to go 1 1/2" long in the glutes, 1" in the quads/thighs or 5/8" in the delts.

For gauge, the higher the number the thinner the needle and thinner = less pain. I use 25g but some use 23g. It's difficult to pull the Test from the vial with a 25g since the Test is in an oil base and thick, so what you want to do is to get 18g or so to draw it from the vial, and switch it to the 25g needle for the injection. I warm the bottle up in the sink first so that the Test is thinner and is more like body temperature. This way, I don't even feel it going in which I did when injecting 'cold'.

If you can get your gf to help, that's great! My wife isn't too keen on stabbing me so I go at it solo.

as jpk said, we're glad to help and have been right where you are! About endo's, they may or may not actually help you as TRT isn't entirely main-stream yet. Mine wanted to put me only on gel, and didn't even think testing for Estradiol was important. I didn't agree and went to a different Dr. who specializes more in TRT. I'm not saying endo's aren't good because they definitely have more training than your regular doc, and I do think it would be a good idea for you to see one. Just don't expect that they are as knowledgeable about TRT as you think they should be - they might be and you'll be in luck. If not, you'll just have to keep searching...

sorry for the long-winded response!
    sub...excellent post...glad you've joined us

^^ 2nd That!! ^^ Good job!!!!

Thread Information