Thread: am I too young?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    gene12 is offline New Member

am I too young?

Hi, I am 24 years old and interested in HRT because I feel I may have stunted my growth in my late teen years due to a perscription painkiller addiction to buprenorphine for three years. I was able to gain some of my weight back, but I am absolutely stuck at about 140. I am 5'7 and I work really hard in the gym. People view me as muscular, but I am definitely feeling limited, plus have pretty much all the symptoms of low test. Will a doctor just laugh at me?

By the way, I'm just east of NYC and I prefer the physician route, but im not exactly completely opposed to doing it myself, I just want to make sure I have all the facts, and I am still learning as of right now.

jucin88 is offline New Member
    I would not say you are to young especially if you are trying to get your doc to get it for you. But for the reasons you want to take it to gain some weight i don't think this will help you out much. People stack HRT with roids to help out just like HGH but i do not believe HRT alone will make you see any worth while results. On the other hand a cycle could get your weight up and with the right PCT you could keep it all. The only reason i hesitate to tell you this is you said u were addicted to pain meds so just make sure you know when is to much so you don't start to abuse roids also if you go that way you end up going.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jucin88 View Post
    I would not say you are to young especially if you are trying to get your doc to get it for you. But for the reasons you want to take it to gain some weight i don't think this will help you out much. People stack HRT with roids to help out just like HGH but i do not believe HRT alone will make you see any worth while results. On the other hand a cycle could get your weight up and with the right PCT you could keep it all. The only reason i hesitate to tell you this is you said u were addicted to pain meds so just make sure you know when is to much so you don't start to abuse roids also if you go that way you end up going.
    This advise makes no sense. If the OP has a clean bill of health (which is his first priority), then "roids" or "HRT" should not be on the list for gaining weight ... Probably should be looking at his diet. Please explain how the right PCT will help someone "keep it all"? What if this guy has a petuitary disorder or some other issue, do you still want him to cycle w/PCT? Lastly, if the guy got hooked on prescription pain meds, what relevance does that have with AAS? There are no addictive properties to AAS. If someone smoked cigarettes, would you tell them the same thing since they're addicted to nicotine?

6ft5 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    This advise makes no sense. If the OP has a clean bill of health (which is his first priority), then "roids" or "HRT" should not be on the list for gaining weight ... Probably should be looking at his diet. Please explain how the right PCT will help someone "keep it all"? What if this guy has a petuitary disorder or some other issue, do you still want him to cycle w/PCT? Lastly, if the guy got hooked on prescription pain meds, what relevance does that have with AAS? There are no addictive properties to AAS. If someone smoked cigarettes, would you tell them the same thing since they're addicted to nicotine?
    Imo,its not the addictive properties of AAS its an addictive personality I'd be worried about, not to mention the depresion comming off cycle due to messed up hpta. And wanting to hold onto gaines w an impropper diet.

jucin88 is offline New Member
    Yes what if he had pituitary disorder(not petuitary disorder) thats y i said talk to you doc first thing i said on the response. and he wants to gain weight like i told him hrt is not that way to go talk to a doc roids make u gain weight why dont you use the thread for helping people instead of just making comments about the help someone tried to give a post with 0 responses!

Quote Originally Posted by jucin88 View Post
    Yes what if he had pituitary disorder(not petuitary disorder) thats y i said talk to you doc first thing i said on the response. and he wants to gain weight like i told him hrt is not that way to go talk to a doc roids make u gain weight why dont you use the thread for helping people instead of just making comments about the help someone tried to give a post with 0 responses!
    1) There's nothing on your original post that says this, nothing close ... And don't go editing.

2) Look how lazy your word and sentence structuring is ... And you have the audacity to point out a spelling mistake on my part. Shame on me for letting that one slip out.

3) Read my first post on this thread, I talked specifically to the OP and gave my two cents.

Now my friend, please explain to everyone here how "the right PCT" will enable you to keep it all. What is the right PCT?

I appreciate the advice from everyone. I have been looking at my diet, and I have been supplementing with more protein powder and lots of cytocarb too post workout because I literally am mostly stuffed all day, its like I am at the limit of what my body wants me to intake. I try man, I'm just not hungry enough, what other changes to diet did you have in mind whan you wrote that?

As for the addictive personality stuff, I wouldn't worry too much about it, willpower is way better nowadays and if there is no physical dependency I'll be cool.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by gene12 View Post
    I appreciate the advice from everyone. I have been looking at my diet, and I have been supplementing with more protein powder and lots of cytocarb too post workout because I literally am mostly stuffed all day, its like I am at the limit of what my body wants me to intake. I try man, I'm just not hungry enough, what other changes to diet did you have in mind whan you wrote that?

As for the addictive personality stuff, I wouldn't worry too much about it, willpower is way better nowadays and if there is no physical dependency I'll be cool.
    there's a diet forum on this site that will give you excellent advice on diet but i advise you DO get your bloodworkd done

Do you know about how many calories you're taking in each day? The protein shakes are great, but make sure you also get a LOT of solid food with high protein, along with EFA's. There's a GREAT section on this site dedicated to the diet. Have the doctor run his tests, which should cover everything from "pituitary" to thyroid, hormones, lipid, CBC, etc. If all checks out, I'm sure there's several diet gurus that will dial you in just right.

Do you know about how many calories you're taking in each day? The protein shakes are great, but make sure you also get a LOT of solid food with high protein, along with EFA's. There's a GREAT section on this site dedicated to the diet. Have the doctor run his tests, which should cover everything from "pituitary" to thyroid, hormones, lipid, CBC, etc. If all checks out, I'm sure there's several diet gurus that will dial you in just right.
    Well, the difficult thing is I have been trying to eat higher quality food, so organic whenever possible and a lot of raw stuff, nuts and fruit. That makes it really hard to get more than 2500cal a day, so I try to eat a meal every two hours and like every other meal is something raw. I was doing really good with it for a while but its like I can't get anything else done when I eat a meal every two hours its like I am always making food. Being a student I can kind of get away with this, but I dunno I guess its getting easier as I get better at making myself meals.

I will get the tests done, I do feel like something else might be at play, but I wont argue with the diet thing, its just that it is so much better now than it has been in the past, but it seems like I got +5lbs and now I'm stuck at about 143, significantly healthier looking than at 138, but totally not where I want to be. I will take a look at the diet forum, I don't want to give you guys the impression I am looking for a shortcut. I want to do this right, but I also want to start seeing some sort of gradual increase. Thank you so much for the advice I am always amazed with how willing to help a lot of the guys are on various forums and I surely appreciate it.

Last thing I want to say is... lets all get along lol, there will always be people who opt to post with no readable grammar, some who re-read everything, and people everywhere in the middle. If someone is incomprehensible, we all laugh and go about our conversation. No need to worry about that.

Also I will try to get a profile pic up so you can see what i mean. I have definition, but I'm a small guy.

Hi, I am 24 years old and interested in HRT because I feel I may have stunted my growth in my late teen years due to a perscription painkiller addiction to buprenorphine for three years. I was able to gain some of my weight back, but I am absolutely stuck at about 140. I am 5'7 and I work really hard in the gym. People view me as muscular, but I am definitely feeling limited, plus have pretty much all the symptoms of low test. Will a doctor just laugh at me?

By the way, I'm just east of NYC and I prefer the physician route, but im not exactly completely opposed to doing it myself, I just want to make sure I have all the facts, and I am still learning as of right now.
    Hopefully no doctor will laugh at you, but take you matter seriously instead. For starters, blood is truth ... You need to get some lab work so you know what is going on. A complete panel across the board, then have a doctor with an open mind review it with you. Right now, everything is just speculation, so alleviate the presumptions with some facts, and that starts at the lab.

As far as weight goes, 9 out of 10 it's going to be about the diet. I leave the 1 out of 10 open for a physical issue possibility, but the blood work can help confirm or eliminate that subject. For now, don't look at a cycle or anything else like that ... Get in and go through it with a doctor. They're not paid to laugh, they're there to help! Please get that done ASAP and let us know what comes back.
    Good luck!

6ft5 is offline Member
    Well u could hav damaged ur hpta a bit. Iv dun about everything under the sun for recreational purposes, iv battle a bit of depresion threw the years. I am dun w that part of my life. I am same as u thinkn my test is low I'm 32 now. I'm pretty shure it is. And time flys by. U better off knowing now then waiting around to find out. U can send in for a pannel on this site. Or save ur money and go to a doc. I'm checkn mine after this test test only cycle and pct.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    agree with vette and 6'5.....
    tell a doctor just what you told us...see IF youre hpta is actually compromised due to the pain pill use or any other reason...might just be low T...that's what your suspect right? other than not being able to gain, do u have any other symptoms that you care to share with us and/or the doctor?

6ft5 is offline Member
    Oops
    Last edited by 6ft5; 03-03-2010 at 03:23 PM.

6ft5 is offline Member
    On another note.. just trying to eat is pretty stress full but it does get easier. Food is way better than protein shakes threw out the day. When your diet is in check u will feel much different. You will be running on a full tank of gas all the time. Without following a proper diet all your hard work is put to waist, and u would be spinning your wheels.... Diet plus tweaking it, will most likely achieve results. Even in a low test subject. That's my .02

718_siny is offline New Member
    Suboxone/Bupenorphine does in fact lower T levels. Check out thehiddendisease.com, give them a call, and get some bloodwork done. They have an office in Brooklyn.

6ft5 is offline Member
    Good to here. Good luck, keep us posted.

Thread Information