grayhulk is offline New Member

2nd Doctor visit.

Well I just got back from my second Dr. appointment. A month ago, my testosterone level was 167, he gave me a 200mg shot and told me to come back in a month. I messed up on my last post and said he gave me 100mg. Well as expected, I didn't really feel any different from that shot. I had another blood test before he gave me the shot that day. I went today and got the results.
    My test was 132. Now he gave me a 300mg shot of testosterone Enanthate and sent me home with the bottle. He wants me to do another shot in 2 weeks and then go back to him 2 weeks after that for another blood test. I guess it seems like he would like me to take 300mg every 2 weeks. Does this sound right to you guys? I know most of you like to break it up every 7 to 10 days. I could do 200mg every 10 days. I'm gonna stick with what he says until my next appointment in a month. If I am feeling better I my try and spread it out.
    I guess I just like to bounce this stuff of you guys as there seems to be some knowledgeable people on this site. Thanks for reading this long post.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Thanks for posting your information. I just did a post mentioning the the trial and error process with these doctors ... What the hell is wrong with these guys? Gives you 200mg and sends you on your way, come back in a month and see where you are at. Here's the deal ... The shot he gave you had a 1/2 life of around 7 to 8 days. As you've read, most of us usually do one shot a week ... Makes sense, right? What did your doc expect? Did he think one shot would get your "T" levels up and you'd be happy, slappy? Some of these clowns treat this like they're giving a flu shot or something.

The 300mg every 2 weeks is probably more like the right amount, BUT I would HIGHLY recommend that you take 1/2 of it every week at 150mg. You should see more stability doing it weekly, and it really shouldn't be any concern to the doc because it's the same amount of meds going into your body. I doubt this doc has even mentioned anything about estrogen, were there any tests taken? Research this subject a little and understand its significance if you haven't done so already.

Keep us posted, thanks.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    300 every two weeks should work, but better as stated above if shot every week. My doc wanted me to inject monthly and then every other week. I told him i went to every week and felt better and he said to go with it. Sometimes you have to help move them a long. Make sure he does full blood work and checks things like your prostate.

I should get my blood work and post it here. He said my estrogen was fine. I don't remember the number but I do remember that it was low. I had a PSA test done also and he said that was good too. Thanks for the help!

Vitruvian-Man is offline Banned
    150mg every 7th day will make you feel much better!

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    well sounds like the doc is slowly getting smarter...

like the guys mentioned above...make sure the other hormones and vitals are checked...once again i see a possible need to monitor your estrogen due to that good size dose of test every 2 weeks...glad u kept us posted...we'll be lookin for further updates..
    best of luck...let us know also how your feeling with the new dose

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    I'm new to HRT, but nearly all the "real life" input I've read about on this forum and others is MUCH better and more realistic than the actual, professional medical treatment being prescribed by many MDs. It amazes me that I can spend a couple of weeks on forums like these and easily draw the accurate conclusion that smaller, more frequent doses are more beneficial than larger, less frequent doses and they play pin the tail on the donkey for three or four months trying to reinvent the wheel.

Tell him what you've found by doing your own research and then tell him what YOU are planning to do. It's your body and your treatment plan. You make the ultimate decisions about what's best for you. The doc is there as a health consultant. If he won't work with you find someone else who will. I'm fortunate -- my doc is a great guy and actually appreciates that I go out and do my own research, combine it with his professional advice, and make my own decisions. I hope you get the chance to do the same.

FWIW, I'm probably going to switch from a 1X each week dose to a bi-weekly schedule. So far, a dose even once a week is still giving me a bit of a valley toward the end of the week and based on the stories of many, many others who have done this stuff, 2x a week would be much better a leveling out the effectiveness of the test cyp.

The thing is, I'm not sure I really feel any different. I felt kinda high yesterday after the injection but now I just feel kinda like myself. How long does it take for me to feel the magic of test replacement? As far as my doctor goes, I think he's a good dude but he just seems to want to take it slow. I think another problem that isn't helping me is that I am a pretty muscular guy and I think that's making it hard for him to believe that I have low test. The thing I'm not sure he understands is that I work my ass off in the gym. Like I said though, he is coming around for sure. I'm gonna follow his plan for this month and then let him know that I am planing on injecting every 7 to 10 days with a lower dose. Once again, thanks for the feedback!

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    Test is definitely not a high. I noticed my thought process was a bit more clear and concentration was better right away. Having just taken my 3rd shot I can also say I feel a very even, level energy stability. Lifting at the gym wasn't a chore this morning. Yesterday it was (last day before next injection).

subnet is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic Ed View Post
    FWIW, I'm probably going to switch from a 1X each week dose to a bi-weekly schedule. So far, a dose even once a week is still giving me a bit of a valley toward the end of the week and based on the stories of many, many others who have done this stuff, 2x a week would be much better a leveling out the effectiveness of the test cyp.
    Ed, I'm going to follow the same bi-weekly protocol starting tomorrow. I don't necessarily feel bad as my body tapers down, but I keep getting bad acne on shoulders/back that I'm hoping a more stable dose will alleviate.

and grayhulk, what others said and as you've mentioned, definitely try weekly injections. You should start feeling better within a week or two, especially if you can get more-stable levels. It's great that you were sent home with the bottle and didn't have to fight them on that. Good luck!

oakdad is offline Junior Member
    I would suggest you do a test 2 days after your shot and another test just before you take your shot. This should give you a good idea of about where you peek out at and where you bottom out. From here you can consider doing shots every other or every week. If you go to weekly shots I would suggest you do this again to see if once a week or twice a week makes since. Your peek should be 800 - 1000 and I say you need to up the frequency of the shots if the 2nd test is not half of the first one. (Note: Only Add one more line on the syringe each time you up the dosage. Having to cut back really sucks.)
    So if I was you I would make a call to get my peek value tested and if they question why tell them what the plan is to get you dialed in.

durak is offline Member
    I agree with proactively telling them what you are doing. Most Dr's will go along if you come across informed, honest, and confident.

get the bw done on day 2, 10, and right before the injection. Try to get him/her to commit to a desired serum level and then you will feel justified pushing to obtain it with an optimal dosage schedule.

That is very good advice oakdad. I'm gonna give that a try. I'm worried that my Dr. might freak out if he see 800-1000. I guess I'm already worried that he might cut back my dose....lol. 600mg a months seems to be about average for most of us so I guess there is a chance that I may need even more. Thanks a bunch.

oakdad is offline Junior Member
    I would go to
    http://www.mens-hormonal-health.com/...ls-in-men.html
    and print it out and circle the 95th Percentile value of the 25 - 29 year olds of the last chart and say if I am going to be on this stuff for the rest of my life I just as well feel like a stud in his mid to late 20's.

durak is offline Member
    My HRT Dr has a goal of 1000 ng/dl for me at 33.

Quote Originally Posted by durak View Post
    My HRT Dr has a goal of 1000 ng/dl for me at 33.
    i like that...its a nice round number

Titalis is offline New Member
    Starting this week im going to 2 shots a week. Maybe its just me but even getting my shot once a week i was feeling like a rollercoaster by the 6th and 7th day. But im only on 100mg/wk atm so maybe thats part of it. I have to agree 100% with the poster above, since I started trt concentration has been awesome, the first 4 days after injection very steady energy levels, sleeping good.

Quote Originally Posted by Titalis View Post
    Starting this week im going to 2 shots a week. Maybe its just me but even getting my shot once a week i was feeling like a rollercoaster by the 6th and 7th day. But im only on 100mg/wk atm so maybe thats part of it. I have to agree 100% with the poster above, since I started trt concentration has been awesome, the first 4 days after injection very steady energy levels, sleeping good.
    thats me....yes...concentration should improve...

all kidding aside...dont think i'd want to go thru rest of life with jabbin holes twice a week

Thread Information