mang is offline New Member

100mg bumping to 200 mg / weekly.

Currently taking 100mg of Test-E weekly. Today is going to be my 5th shot/ 5 week on TRT. Ill be honest, other than water retention and my balls shrinking, Ive only noticed small increases in positive feelings but they are not consistent. I still get very tired during the day, my sex drive has increased somewhat but not what it used to be still, My mental clarity is a little better at times. I would say Im 50/50 with TRT at this point. Im wondering if I should trying bumping to 200/mg for a couple weeks and see how it feels. What are you thought's on this guys? Has anyone done this and noticed a much better result? I'm considering bumping to 200mg today and see how it effects me. Also I am unaware of using an AI which I really would like to try because I definitely have some water retention and I don't know if its gyno but I have man boobs for sure.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Bro,

Stick with your program until you get your first lab results back. If you have man boobs already your bf is prolly high and your E2 was prolly high to start with. Make sure you include E2 on your next blood work. If your BF is high now, bumping to 200 will only intensify your bad sides and make your trt experience worse than it has been. It is a great thing though when you get all your levels right - so don't give up yet.

Also 5 weeks is pretty quick for your balls to shrink. What all are you taking?

Flats

talstar is offline Junior Member
    Post your blood work and we can better see whats going on with you.

Estrogen was 66 my last lab results. BF is high I guess but I don't really look fat at all , just my chest has a lot of extra fat.
    All I'm taking is Test Enan. Ive pinned for the last 4 weeks at 100 mg/week.
    I'm thinking of trying out HCG therapy if this doesn't work. I'm not to fond of pinning every week and having to do that for life when I'm only 24 years old.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Mang, sorry to hear this stuff is going on, especially at 24. Are you working pretty close with a doctor on this, or not? Most places will want that E2 score under 54. You're currently taking 100mg, what kind of numbers are you getting on your Total and Free "T". As mentioned, if you can post your complete panel it would help us understand things a little better. For now, just hold off for a little bit with bumping up anything, so that you don't make things worse. Like Flats mentioned, you're going to intensify your sides by doubling up. Your E2 is already up there, the extra "T" will only make things worse.

Let us know, and hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Mang, sorry to hear this stuff is going on, especially at 24. Are you working pretty close with a doctor on this, or not? Most places will want that E2 score under 54. You're currently taking 100mg, what kind of numbers are you getting on your Total and Free "T". As mentioned, if you can post your complete panel it would help us understand things a little better. For now, just hold off for a little bit with bumping up anything, so that you don't make things worse. Like Flats mentioned, you're going to intensify your sides by doubling up. Your E2 is already up there, the extra "T" will only make things worse.

Let us know, and hang in there.
    Thanks man. Not really working close with te doctor at all. Ill be honest if I never came back to him for a follow up Blood test he wouldn't have any problem with that at all. Hes an odd doctor. I have yet to get a blood test during my TRT so I do not know what my levels are. I'm guessing that they're probably not that high because I am not feeling much better. This is my third week back in the gym and I feel like I can't even finish the work out sometimes(Stronglifts 5x5) Feeling very discouraged right now but thanks for the support. I guess I need to find a new doctor to go to, such a pain in the ass with full time school and work. Grrr why can't I just be normal

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mang View Post
    Thanks man. Not really working close with te doctor at all. Ill be honest if I never came back to him for a follow up Blood test he wouldn't have any problem with that at all. Hes an odd doctor. I have yet to get a blood test during my TRT so I do not know what my levels are. I'm guessing that they're probably not that high because I am not feeling much better. This is my third week back in the gym and I feel like I can't even finish the work out sometimes(Stronglifts 5x5) Feeling very discouraged right now but thanks for the support. I guess I need to find a new doctor to go to, such a pain in the ass with full time school and work. Grrr why can't I just be normal
    Mang, thanks for sharing this. I know it looks like you're getting hit with a lot of questions, but this is how we can get to know you and situation. Don't feel too bad about having a doctor that doesn't pay attention, that seems to be the MO anymore no matter what age you are. What was it that led you to TRT to begin with, and how old were you when you did this. Was it ever determined as primary or secondary hypogonadism, or did the doc never get that far with you? I definitely encourage you to seek a new doctor if the one you're with won't get your program worked out for you. Mang, you want to take the "guessing" out of the picture and get the facts when it comes to this stuff. This will set the stage for the rest of your life, so I stress that you grab it by the horns right now. I fully understand the school and work stuff, and I don't know if normality really exists sometimes myself. There's always something going on, and it only gets funner as you get older. However, in your list of priorities, please put this at the top, as it will affect (positively or negatively) all the other things that are underneath.

Also, good job at the gym ... Good place to be. We can talk exercise and diet along the way here too. But for now, let us know that you have a plan for getting a complete BW panel, and a possible option for a doc who can treat you properly.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mang View Post
    Estrogen was 66 my last lab results. BF is high I guess but I don't really look fat at all , just my chest has a lot of extra fat.
    All I'm taking is Test Enan. Ive pinned for the last 4 weeks at 100 mg/week.
    I'm thinking of trying out HCG therapy if this doesn't work. I'm not to fond of pinning every week and having to do that for life when I'm only 24 years old.

66 is high, you probably need to get on an AI - and it was probably high to Begin with - you are converting too much free t to e and that is not helping you. I didn't feel great until my E2 number got down in the 30's and my free t went up.

I wish Doc's would try to bring down E2 before adding t sometimes. As you lose bf, you will see that you might not need an AI very often as you will not be converting as much.

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Mang, thanks for sharing this. I know it looks like you're getting hit with a lot of questions, but this is how we can get to know you and situation. Don't feel too bad about having a doctor that doesn't pay attention, that seems to be the MO anymore no matter what age you are. What was it that led you to TRT to begin with, and how old were you when you did this. Was it ever determined as primary or secondary hypogonadism, or did the doc never get that far with you? I definitely encourage you to seek a new doctor if the one you're with won't get your program worked out for you. Mang, you want to take the "guessing" out of the picture and get the facts when it comes to this stuff. This will set the stage for the rest of your life, so I stress that you grab it by the horns right now. I fully understand the school and work stuff, and I don't know if normality really exists sometimes myself. There's always something going on, and it only gets funner as you get older. However, in your list of priorities, please put this at the top, as it will affect (positively or negatively) all the other things that are underneath.

Also, good job at the gym ... Good place to be. We can talk exercise and diet along the way here too. But for now, let us know that you have a plan for getting a complete BW panel, and a possible option for a doc who can treat you properly.
    Dude, thanks for taking the time to help me out man. I don't mind the questions at all. sh*t ask away haha. What led me to TRT was symptoms of Low-T , then a blood test (Test-231, not AAS or PH's induced) and then discussing which TRT method to use.I was somewhat desperate to just feel normal again so I said **** it and tried TRT but its not really seeming to work yet, hopefully it does soon. I do plan on finding a new doctor asap because feeling this way at the age of 24 sucks alot, especially seeing all my friends my age who all lead normal lives. I have some blood work that he took and everything he tested for was in normal range other than Test. but it wasn't as in depth as you recomended. I do know my estrogen was 66 before even being put on TRT. Ill post up the other numbers if you would like. thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    66 is high, you probably need to get on an AI - and it was probably high to Begin with - you are converting too much free t to e and that is not helping you. I didn't feel great until my E2 number got down in the 30's and my free t went up.

I wish Doc's would try to bring down E2 before adding t sometimes. As you lose bf, you will see that you might not need an AI very often as you will not be converting as much.
    Estrogen was 66 before I ever started TRT so Im sure it bumped up a bit. Can you describe the difference of how you felt when your Estrogen was lowered to normal range ? I wish my doctor wasn't stubborn, when I asked him to test my estrogen as well, he was like " ... yea i guess , if you want to" with a tone and facial expression like" I dunno wtf you want that for but whatever" Its really discouraging especially since he basically thought I was just looking for steroids and told me I should consider looking for them illegaly. what a douche.

Thread Information