Black is offline Anabolic Member

Anxiety / High Blood Pressure

Here's a new one.

Since I've started Arimidex therapy, I've been noticably more anxious. Because of this feeling, I've also checked my blood pressure. I've checked it two times and it was 146/82 and the second was 151/86.

I've never had blood pressure problems. Even when I was at my most unhealiest, I was always around 117/78.

I have, however, had anxiety issues in the past. Never really sure what the cause of them were. But this was around 8 years ago and they have since subsided.

Here's my protocol. 200mg Test Cyp (split bi-weekly), 250iu HCG 2x a week, (and the newest addition) Arimidex .5mg EOD (Did that for 1 week and then dropping it to just 3x a week).

From a compound stand-point, this all started shortly after I started Arimidex. I've never heard of Arimidex causing anxiety. However, maybe it's because of a change in hormones?

Maybe my blood pressure is elevated because of my anxiety. Not sure where to start.

MaNiCC is offline AR's Think Tank - Retired
    Define Anxiety

pittbulldad is offline Associate Member
    go to doctor.. any major jump in blood pressue should be evaluated.. it could be a sign of your kidneys not functioning correctly (worst case scenario)

durak is offline Member
    When did you start the HCG ? Also, why are you taking .5 eod over .25 oed?

Quote Originally Posted by MaNiCC View Post
    Define Anxiety
    Random nervousness for no reason, which in turn increases heart rate (for example, I was driving the other day and it just hit me. Another time, I was just watching TV). Uncomfortability and senses of fear (scared for no reason). They aren't panic attacks, but not just regular anxiousness.

Quote Originally Posted by pittbulldad View Post
    go to doctor.. any major jump in blood pressue should be evaluated.. it could be a sign of your kidneys not functioning correctly (worst case scenario)
    Just had bloodwork 2 weeks ago and everything came back fine. Also, I haven't checked blood pressure before this, so I don't have a baseline to go off of. I'm going to call my doctor today.

Quote Originally Posted by durak View Post
    When did you start the HCG? Also, why are you taking .5 eod over .25 oed?
    HCG was started months ago. After last bloodwork, Estrogen was 71 in a range of 0-54. Doc originally wanted me to take .5mg 5x a week. I felt that was too much, but at the same time my E2 was well out of range so I opted for .5mg EOD for a week and then to 3x a week. I don't feel like my estrogen is too low, however if it is and it's causing this anxiety, then I'll lower the dose to .25mg.
    Last edited by Black; 04-30-2010 at 10:03 AM.

Last edited by Black; 04-30-2010 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Double post

durak is offline Member
    High blood pressure can cause anxiety too.

Just talked to doc. He said anxiety is due to my estrogen levels dropping (pretty much any hormonal imbalance can cause this). Said to give it another week while continuing the same dose and said things should level out.

He also said high blood pressure is a result of estrogen levels being so high.

I guess I can give it another week and monitor blood pressure. Any opinions or ideas?

Vettester is offline Banned
    If it were me, I would get a full panel worked up touching on all the points that everyone is making. Maybe you have already done this, or will be soon. Could be a combination of things ... Maybe the E2 is real low and maybe your "T" is over the top. I know I had some hypertension issues when I let my "T" numbers get too high.

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    If it were me, I would get a full panel worked up touching on all the points that everyone is making. Maybe you have already done this, or will be soon. Could be a combination of things ... Maybe the E2 is real low and maybe your "T" is over the top. I know I had some hypertension issues when I let my "T" numbers get too high.
    I just had bloodwork 2 weeks ago and everything came back perfect. Asked doc to look back over it today just incase.

I don't really feel any symptoms of low E2 (No achey joints, libidio issues, etc.). Actually, now that I think of it, before I started Arimidex therapy, I was having MEGA HUGE RAGING BONERS every morning. Now I don't notice it as much. That's probably the only noticable thing.

This E2 thing has really been messing with me and pisses me off. It's confusing. Just when you think things are going well, nope something comes up.

I picked up some Hawthorn Berry, Ginko Biloba, Garlic and Lycopene to help with blood pressure.

I am thinking about possibly dropping my Test dose a little. Maybe that will help? Some days I think I have my protocol spot on! Other days, I feel like I'm completely lost.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Next suggestion: Take a vacation! Far away, remote, grass skirts, etc.

I guess what I'm saying is that maybe some of it can be stress related from job, wife/gf's, life.

Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Next suggestion: Take a vacation! Far away, remote, grass skirts, etc.

I guess what I'm saying is that maybe some of it can be stress related from job, wife/gf's, life.
    Totally agree. Life is very stressful right now. Learning to relax would do me wonders.

Thread Information