pittbulldad is offline Associate Member

Diet on the road

I have to travel a lot .. anyone have any good suggestions for places to eat that I can grab something healthy to eat.. budget is not a concern since my company pays for it

I'm trying to get out of my normal mode and trying to get out of what i'm just used to so any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated...

Just to be clear I have some places that I usually go to I'm just looking for places that I might not have thought of.

eregitano is offline Junior Member
    sushi is always a good bet

Quote Originally Posted by eregitano View Post
    sushi is always a good bet
    what kind? i know some aren't that good for you

eregitano is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pittbulldad View Post
    what kind? i know some aren't that good for you
    any of the raw (not cooked or fried) are very good for you, many athletes choose this type of meal because it's stock full of quality protein. I love any with ahi tuna.

Vettester is offline Banned
    I usually find the teriyaki places. If I'm stuck with fast food then I might grab a Subway. Their chicken breast is pretty good and you can load it up with veggies.

Also, worse case scenario ... All that's around is Denny's ... You can make this work! They have a 'Build your own' Grand-Slam deal, which I double up on the egg whites, turkey bacon and plain yogurt.

I always try to stay at places that have a fridge in the room. I usually go to the local store and buy some items. Also pack my protein powder. I'm kind of a creature of habit. I stay in the same places where I know the terrain, where the decent places are to eat, and in the vicinity of 24 hour fit.

Also, you'll notice most lodging that offers a small workout area has a water cooler. I quit paying their $2.00 vending machine fee and fill my water jug up in their rec area.

crg
    crg is offline Junior Member
    I travel quite a bit myself Pittbull. When I'm on the road alone I usually dont eat out I chow down in the room, I hit up the local stores and grab fruit, power bars, nuts, roasted chicken, a bottle of vino, etc. I usually dont do over nighters, I'm there for 5 or more days so it makes sense to do some shopping, for me anyways. Plus when I go out I have a tendency to overgraze and have too many beers.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    I usually find the teriyaki places. If I'm stuck with fast food then I might grab a Subway. Their chicken breast is pretty good and you can load it up with veggies.

Also, worse case scenario ... All that's around is Denny's ... You can make this work! They have a 'Build your own' Grand-Slam deal, which I double up on the egg whites, turkey bacon and plain yogurt.

I always try to stay at places that have a fridge in the room. I usually go to the local store and buy some items. Also pack my protein powder. I'm kind of a creature of habit. I stay in the same places where I know the terrain, where the decent places are to eat, and in the vicinity of 24 hour fit.

Also, you'll notice most lodging that offers a small workout area has a water cooler. I quit paying their $2.00 vending machine fee and fill my water jug up in their rec area.
    Teriyaki is big up her in the NW and I eat it several times a week. I just have them go heavy on the salad and less on the rice.

thanks for all the tips .. dropped 10 pounds this past week just adjusting what i eat.

Quote Originally Posted by pittbulldad View Post
    thanks for all the tips .. dropped 10 pounds this past week just adjusting what i eat.
    WOW!!! Good job, man!

BTW, getting set to leave to Denver on Monday. Teriyaki Joe's here I come!

Thread Information