Thread: Life saver

sabumnim is offline New Member

Unhappy Life saver

Hello everyone, New to this sight and would like to ask for help. i have viewed several threads and have found that you people are awsom. I would much rather talk with you than to my doc. Let me begin by telling you my story.

I am 49 yrs. old, I was a competitive athlete at the elite level for more than 10 years. At age 36 I was diagnosed with diabeties (type 2). Which runs in my family and was not a real big surprize. I also take thyroid meds for (hypo), and a ace inhibitor to protect my liver. Now they got me on cholestrol meds. I feel like crap all the time and find it hard to control my blood sugars. I lifted for 25+ years and knew alot about the sport of bodybuilding, but that was a long time ago, Even before HGH. But even then I felt good was able to control my blood sugars and was in good health. I need to get my life back on track. I want to start a program (TRT) and switch to (Armour) for my thyriod. I was 6' tall and weight 215 at competition weight. Now I'm 5'11" @ 256#, I'm sure my BMI is around 30%. I'm always tired, no sex drive and starting to look old.
    I really need help, I feel like if I don't do something soon I will not be around to worry much longer. I'm just a lab rat to my doc who changes my meds everytime I go in. Last year I lost 60#'s trying to improve my condition, and it is only getting worse. I live in the south,in the country so getting help will have to be by internet. there is no antiaging docs in this area that I know of.
    I hope someone can help me, Please

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    WELCOME! You will get help here from the best there is! Hang in there. Be patient and keep asking and the top guys will find you and help you figure it all out. And you might want to also post on the Anabolic Steroid forum and/or the IGF LR3 HGH INSULIN post as well.
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 07-22-2010 at 10:23 PM. Reason: added more

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    what kind of help is it you need?

ReBilly is offline Junior Member
    Sounds like you need a new doc. Some of the problems you're experiencing will probably not be solved by an AA doc. BUT if you're interested in going down that road, first thing's first, get your levels checked. If your doc won't do a thorough job you can always go to www.privatemdlabs.com and get yourself the ultimate male anti aging panel. You'll need to have more posts here before you can PM with people but I've heard of some docs who will prescribe online and via phone.

You may see some improvement in some of your symptoms by getting your hormones in check with HRT... but again, you're talking diabetes. Different animal altogether.

Good luck man and stay persistent but patient, you'll get to the bottom of it

How can we help?
    -XL

jing jai

Vettester is offline Banned
    Agreed, what is it we can help with? You said living in the south ... Is this the US? Blood work is going to be the area we need to start with, do you have anything we can work with?

PPC
    PPC is offline Super Knowledgeable ~ Female Member
    I also live in the south and in the country...well south east. You may be surprised as to what sort of docs are in your area. What part of US?

As Vette said, blood tests will be the logical beggining to your journey toward better health and happiness. Are those 60# still gone or have they come back?

There are many studies showing TRT in physiological doses can help diabetes and even sometimes reverse it. Atleast it helps many guys manage it much better.
    Last edited by PPC; 07-23-2010 at 11:02 AM.

ReBilly is offline Junior Member

What's your sweet spot?

sorry meant to start a new thread my bad
    Last edited by ReBilly; 07-23-2010 at 11:22 AM. Reason: wrong button

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    This is an area I know a little something about. A few years ago, I was in a similar situation... overweight, high blood pressure, high cholesterol. My doc's advice was to lose a few pounds, stop drinking, and take all these meds. But the meds had sides that I couldn't deal with. So what to do? (You notice how docs are quick to write Rx for meds that pharma companies WANT them to write?)
    Yes, I lost weight. But here is what i would do if I were back in your shoes...
    Decide a target weight you want to be.
    Go on a "smart" Atkins to hit that target, and then switch to a south beach to maintain.
    No alcohol
    No tobacco
    Cardio up! Walk/jog a minimum of 20 minutes a day 5x a week
    Add some strength training as needed. You are experienced enough to know what you need.

Believe it or not, Type 2 can be beat for some! The Atkins is a great first step in controlling blood sugar level. A few years ago, I was boarderline type 2, but now I'm off all meds, and my blood sugar level is back in the normal level. This may or may not work for you, as we are all different, but worth looking into.

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    Blood work is the first thing you need to have done. Comprehensive panel. When was the last time you had one? My best advice is to not be in the passenger seat of your medical plan. Hop in the driver's seat and take control. Don't ask your doc to do blood work -- TELL him, and tell him you want all male hormones and HPTA axis variables tested. Tell him you're not happy with the level of care you're currently getting and you are going to step up the process of getting some answers. If he won't do it, ask him to refer you to someone who is a little more current with their knowledge and protocols of how to treat andropause . If he won't do that, kick him in the balls and walk out.

Report back with results.

Thread Information