pittbulldad is offline Associate Member

Babies while on HRT

Well no more third hand stories.. my best friend who is under 30 and on HRT has impregnated his girlfriend....

now i just gotta knock my wife up and thats first hand confirmation

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    was he taking hcg or clomid?

HCG only that i know of .. and only when he was having "issues"

well I guess now its first hand.. wife is preggers lol.. and yes thats by me

Vettester is offline Banned
    So do we call you Pitbulldad or just Dad? Congrats!!! Guess you can be our poster child for the future threads with guys wondering if it's possible to have kids on TRT.

I'm doing a sperm test for my doc this week, as we need to know where I'm at before pulling my wife off of BC pill so she can start taking her HRT journey.

durak is offline Member
    Been seening an Endo at the Cleveland Clinic in Florida. She said that sterility on TRT is not a certainty.

However, TRT will suppress LH and FSH. It is the FSH that causes spermatogenesis. So as FSH is suppressed and temporary sterility is probable but not certain.

HCG ONLY stimulates LH. Thus, HCG will not help fertility. Fertility while using HCG would occur without it.

Clomid stimulates BOTH LH and FSH.

Off the record, 10-20mg of clomid eod vastly increases the chance of being fertile while on TRT. But most people are told to stop TRT and take larger doses over a shorter period of time.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Congrats bro!
    Yer first?

first with this wife .. third kid.. and i'm 41 lol.. little old to be making babies but what the hell

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Congrats...

my dad was 42 when i was born and i came out just fine

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pittbulldad View Post
    first with this wife .. third kid.. and i'm 41 lol.. little old to be making babies but what the hell
    I was 36 when my daughter was born. Retirement is overreated, anyways...!

DRAGGINZUZU is offline New Member
    Congrats,

Gratz "Pops"!! Good to hear there's still hope for some of us. =)

double chicken is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by durak View Post
    Been seening an Endo at the Cleveland Clinic in Florida. She said that sterility on TRT is not a certainty.

However, TRT will suppress LH and FSH. It is the FSH that causes spermatogenesis. So as FSH is suppressed and temporary sterility is probable but not certain.

HCG ONLY stimulates LH. Thus, HCG will not help fertility. Fertility while using HCG would occur without it.

Clomid stimulates BOTH LH and FSH.

Off the record, 10-20mg of clomid eod vastly increases the chance of being fertile while on TRT. But most people are told to stop TRT and take larger doses over a shorter period of time.
    I have just come to the realization that on need TRT, just so happens that my wife just stopped taking birth control. I guess it would be best if I waited until she was pregnant to start TRT?
    I was also thinking of delivering some sperm to the sperm bank in case we want to have more babies in the future. Hopefully it will be twins this go round and then i can be done.

bbrock is offline Junior Member
    My wife is wanting to get pregnant and she had been off birth control for about five months. I have been on TRT for a little over a year. I would like to have a child but i don't want to go back to the way i was feeling before. So you guys think that clomid might be the answer to get the troops going again. Oh it only took a month to get her pregnant on the first one. Oh and by the way congrats pittbull. Kids will keep you from getting lazy.
    Last edited by bbrock; 08-16-2010 at 11:39 AM.

Termin8r27 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bbrock View Post
    My wife is wanting to get pregnant and she had been off birth control for about five months. I have been on TRT for a little over a year. I would like to have a child but i don't want to go back to the way i was feeling before. So you guys think that clomid might be the answer to get the troops going again. Oh it only took a month to get her pregnant on the first one. Oh and by the way congrats pittbull. Kids will keep you from getting lazy.
    I'd like to know more on this as well. I'm not coming off, been on for 6 weeks now, but we're talking about having a third child in the very near future. I was under the false impression that HCG would still enable sperm creation.

Also, does Arimidex negatively affect Clomid? I see it's an 'estrogen.' What kind of dose to take to promote good FSH/Sperm generation?

I can say that I was crazy fertile even with my low total and free test previously.
    Last edited by Termin8r27; 09-02-2010 at 01:10 PM.

well just to update.. the pregnancy took a right hand turn into ectopic this week.. we suspected it was coming last week when her hormone levels weren't increasing fast enough.. but we were hoping that it would continue..

alas this was not the case..

other than this it was a totally normal pregnancy.. even checked with doc to see if HRT/TRT impacted it.. and funny enough she laughed and said no..

so in three months we shall start the baby making again
    Last edited by pittbulldad; 09-11-2010 at 02:59 AM. Reason: spelling

Termin8r27 is offline Junior Member
    Bummer man!

At least you can 'practice' up until then...

Thread Information