nwjt is offline Associate Member

Prescription in the US question

My current script is for 200 mg of test cyp per week.

-I get a 10 week supply which is 1 vial
    -Apparently scripts are only good for 6 months
    -My script was written 5/25 and says "6 refills before 11/25"
    -Per dosage, I will only need 3 refills
    -When I get a refill, it tells me the date of my next refill (that is covered by insurance) which is usually 8 weeks out

So check this out, I "ruined" some of my first vial as I was still learning. I ran out before my 10 weeks, so they did an "override", and got me a new refill right away. However, the next refill date was only 4 weeks away, so I went ahead and got it.

The pharmacy lady gave me all kinds of crap, she has concerns since I don't really need a refill. I explained to her I needed some extra due to losing some and wanted to make sure I did not run out. My next refill date is 8 weeks out again.

I was under the impression if I did not have insurance, I could pick up all 6 refills at once or is that false?

I want to get all the refills I can even if I have to pay for them to build up a "stock" in case I lose insruance or something. Is that legal?

I am confused why I am allowed 6 refills when per dosing I only need 3. Was a mistake made or is that normal?

I would like to go in and pick up my next refill in 8 weeks, but also purchase another refill out of pocket. Is that allowed?

Thanks!
    Last edited by nwjt; 08-07-2010 at 10:39 PM.

pittbulldad is offline Associate Member
    you should be able to.. depends on the pharmacy

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    agree with above....i recommend you use the automated service every month

BOB89 is offline Associate Member
    Some pharamacies are limiting the pick up of test scripts to what is actually needed at the time. Mine did it to me down to the day. For the first time ever they made me wait exactly 1 month to the day to pick up my script even though my insurance pays within a week of due date.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    I have the exact same script. I refill every month so I have extra. You might want to switch pharmacies so they are not so nosy.

ds53 is offline Junior Member
    I dont worry to much about the insurance since they want me to use a 1 month supply at a time, which means by the time i pay all the co-pays I could buy a 10ml bottle anyways. I get mine filled when I feel like it, got 3 filled one month pharmacy never said a word. Dont know what state you leave in as some states may be tougher than others. But I would just change pharmacies to let your current pharmicist know that you are the customer with a legit prescription and will get the damn thing filled when you want.

That1StrongGuy is offline New Member
    Hey how do I go about getting tested to recieve medical scripts for test?

Thread Information