ReBilly is offline Junior Member

Arimidec 1mg every other day, or .5 every day?

My HRT doc suggested I up my Arimidex to 1mg 3x a week. My capsules are .5, does it make better sense to take .5 daily?

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by ReBilly View Post
    My HRT doc suggested I up my Arimidex to 1mg 3x a week. My capsules are .5, does it make better sense to take .5 daily?
    seems like a lot to me. Most do .25 eod. How much are you doing now?

was doing .5 2x a week, estro was still high, upped it to 3x a week, still high, doc said increase to 1mg 3x a week. But it was a quick phone thing, he just went off the cuff instead of thinking. Seems doing .5 6x a week is the same dosage but better spread out, no?

BillyBob210 is offline Junior Member
    .5 twice per week knocked me down. No libido and ED mostly. Cut it down to .25 every 4-5 days seems to be ok now. New bloodwork Wednesday so we will see what the numbers say.

But your was pretty out of whack when you started. I guess all you can do is see how it works.

What were your E2 numbers to begin with and what are they now? How long have you been on Adex?

I'd have to agree, that sounds pretty high to me too. When I started taking Adex, my E2 was 167. I started with .25 EOD for one week then up to .5 OED and after five and a half weeks total, it was down to 37. Granted everyone is different but my numbers were certainly out there when I started. And for the record, I've since backed it down to .25 EOD.

My doc originally prescribed for me, 1 mg *daily*! Not that he's a dummy or anything but few docs actually have experience with prescribing Adex for men and simply don't know the proper dose. Sounds like your doc may be in the same boat. If he's just throwing that out there of the cuff then I'd seriously consider following what people here on this site have found works for them.

What you really need to ask yourself is, how do you feel? Are you getting any better? How did you feel before you started taking Adex? There is a risk of "over-shooting" the mark and that can be just as bad if not worse than having too much E2. If you *are* making progress and it's just slow, then I'd say be patient and give it some more time.
    Last edited by forrest_and_trees; 08-16-2010 at 10:53 PM.

TRT2010 is offline Member
    i did .05 for 5 days then i did .05 every 3 days.. seems to be okay i guess

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    Half life of Arimidex is about 56 hours, so once every three days or every other day would be fine. What are your E2 numbers when running .5mg 3x weekly? It surprises me that that kind of dose wouldn't bring your numbers back down to good levels. .25mg ED for two weeks shut me down completely. Depending on your E2 numbers, I wouldn't be inclined to jump to 1mg E3D. I'd probably just go .5 EOD. But, again -- depends on your numbers.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest_and_trees View Post
    What were your E2 numbers to begin with and what are they now? How long have you been on Adex?

I'd have to agree, that sounds pretty high to me too. When I started taking Adex, my E2 was 167. I started with .25 EOD for one week then up to .5 OED and after five and a half weeks total, it was down to 37. Granted everyone is different but my numbers were certainly out there when I started. And for the record, I've since backed it down to .25 EOD.

My doc originally prescribed for me, 1 mg *daily*! Not that he's a dummy or anything but few docs actually have experience with prescribing Adex for men and simply don't know the proper dose. Sounds like your doc may be in the same boat. If he's just throwing that out there of the cuff then I'd seriously consider following what people here on this site have found works for them.

What you really need to ask yourself is, how do you feel? Are you getting any better? How did you feel before you started taking Adex? There is a risk of "over-shooting" the mark and that can be just as bad if not worse than having too much E2. If you *are* making progress and it's just slow, then I'd say be patient and give it some more time.
    Good advise! Your story should be the template for anyone having elevated E2 levels and wondering if they should 'blast' the adex. A steady respectable dosage will do the trick, and it will do it fairly quick too as you have discovered.

My e2 was at 49 with test under 1k so we thought I might be a high converter. After a few weeks on .5 2x a week my e2 was at 47. I told the doc when I got my score that I was gonna try 3x a week and he said I could do 3x a week and double the dose. I've not yet tested my blood but I can say this much, right when I increased the dose, all of the sudden I felt it. I felt awesome. For a few days I was a walking boner machine, waking up with 16 year old type morning wood, then I noticed it slowly started going back to the way I felt before. It's possible I slid right past my sweet spot and landed in low E2 land. Of course without bloods its speculation, but makes sense.

What would you guys recommend? Back to .5 2x a week? Did I not give it enough time to lower my estro? Should I take a week or two off the adex? I can't keep getting bloods done every other week it's getting so expensive... but I feel like I was there for a minute. I felt AWESOME for a change. But it was only for a few days...

Should I increase my test dose to 200 (from 180) or add an extra shot of HCG to get my test up so I convert? I don't know how long it takes estro to come back, how fast test converts if you're a little high, but I would LOVE to have the feeling I had last weekend THIS weekend.

Dialing this in is just so frustrating.

Last edited by forrest_and_trees; 08-17-2010 at 11:43 AM.

bump? Any ideas, I don't know what to do at this point :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by ReBilly View Post

What would you guys recommend? Back to .5 2x a week? Did I not give it enough time to lower my estro? Should I take a week or two off the adex? I can't keep getting bloods done every other week it's getting so expensive... but I feel like I was there for a minute. I felt AWESOME for a change. But it was only for a few days...

Should I increase my test dose to 200 (from 180) or add an extra shot of HCG to get my test up so I convert? I don't know how long it takes estro to come back, how fast test converts if you're a little high, but I would LOVE to have the feeling I had last weekend THIS weekend.

Dialing this in is just so frustrating.

Since everyone is clearly different, it's pretty much trial and error. I think you'll just have to accept you wont find that "golden ratio" by this weekend.

I would lay off the Adex for a little while, at least until you start feeling *awesome* again. You can also try adding DHEA; which will certainly help get your numbers up. It's cheap and you can find it pretty much anywhere vitamins are sold. I'd take 50mg a day until things start kicking in, then take .5mg of Adex every other day. [EOD] Give it a month and test your blood.

In the mean time, if you start to feel like you've "overshot" the sweet spot again, back off the Adex to .25mg EOD. etc. and try again. And if you find .5mg EOD is not enough, then bump it up to .75mg EOD etc. Personally I like the idea of EOD because it's the most consistent.

As far as testing, I don't know what your paying or who you're using now however, the online labs charge approx $50 for a simple E2 test. You may also want to check with your local hospital. Mine only charges $28 if I use a combo of cash and "locals" discount.

Hope this helps and best of luck. Keep us posted at to your progress.
    Last edited by forrest_and_trees; 08-18-2010 at 05:23 AM.

Thread Information