Thread: B12 with T

durak is offline Member

B12 with T

How much B12 are you injecting with your T?

500mcg here but no real reason for that dose.

subnet is offline Associate Member
    Durak, I've only been on it for a grand total of 3 weeks, but have been injecting 1000mcg per week of cyanocobalamin. From what I've read here and other sites, 1000mcg seems to be a pretty typical dosage. I've heard about Methylcobalamin (I think that's what Vetteman has started taking) being friendlier on the body and not having cyanide as part of the manufacturing process as cyanocobalamin does, but it's more $$ and I think harder to obtain.

I don't know if I need it (although I have my suspicions), but I figured since it was cheap I'd give it a shot.

durak is offline Member
    Thx,

Methyl B12 is superior by far. Can't find a place to buy it or get a script though.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by durak View Post
    Thx,

Methyl B12 is superior by far. Can't find a place to buy it or get a script though.
    Have you checked with your clinic? If you're still using the same place as before, then they have it.

I add 1000mcg of methyl every week. Great stuff!!!

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Do you take the entire 1mg in one shot or split it throughout the week?

Quote Originally Posted by frawnz View Post
    Do you take the entire 1mg in one shot or split it throughout the week?
    I take mine 1x per week, and it's added with my cyp injection.

durak is offline Member
    Vet: The clinc has it for way more than it should cost. Called their pharmacy and it sells for about 1/3 of the clinics price with an outside prescription.

Quote Originally Posted by durak View Post
    Vet: The clinc has it for way more than it should cost. Called their pharmacy and it sells for about 1/3 of the clinics price with an outside prescription.
    You can probably negotiate the price down with their rep. Mine ended up being next to nothing when it was said and done. Yeah, the list price on it is way there!!!

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    1000mcg for me, too. So our favorite HRT consultant carries the Methyl, huh? I'm going to have to talk with him. I hate haggling.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just started today at 500, was going to inject twice/week sub q.

rebelstate is offline Junior Member
    be careful with adding that b-12 with your test.unless you give blood often..found out that it increases your redblood cells (hemoglobin) too along with test.i now have to donate 1-pint a week of blood a week to lower it and believe me it aint worth it.i will never mix b-12 while doing test again.. too much iron kills your sex drive,erections etc..dont do it unless you like blood letting!

durak is offline Member
    All in moderation my friend

Adding B-12 to your regiment is one of the BEST things that you can do to compliment your TRT program. TRT by itself can elevate one's RBC score, so that should be looked at regardless while running your program. My RBC increased when I started my program, but then it actually dropped a little after adding B-12 to my routine. I'm not necessarily giving the credit for this reduction to B-12, just saying that in my case it didn't cause any adverse reaction with this lab.

Totally agree with giving blood. However, if you have high iron issues you should look at your ferritin levels, and look at your diet. The benefits of B-12 are tremendous and the body needs it to function properly. It is no secret that B-12 deficiency is a common theme with aging. In fact, B-12 and a cycle of pregnenolone are two of the best things you can supplement for cognitive and memory function.

Thread Information