x_rick_x is offline Junior Member

Just did my First Injection

I think I need a bigger needle. The Doc. prescribed 25 x 1 1/2 g. and not only did I not Feel ANYTHING, It took forever to inject and just as long to pull it from the bottle.

Whats the normal size needle most people use?
    Last edited by x_rick_x; 09-13-2010 at 09:04 PM.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    at least 1 to 1.5 inch 23g

opps,, typo

It's a 25g x 1 1/2, not 1/2

TRT2010 is offline Member
    take a hot bowl of water and put the vial in the water for a couple minutes and then draw the test into needle then happy shooting... Feels alot better too, thats what i did with my Test E

Vettester is offline Banned
    What you need is 18g's or 20g's to draw with, then switch out and shoot with the 25g.

1" is good for the quads, 1-1/2" for the glutes.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Also, don't forget to aspirate !

subnet is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    What you need is 18g's or 20g's to draw with, then switch out and shoot with the 25g.

1" is good for the quads, 1-1/2" for the glutes.
    this! and also as Vetteman said, make sure you aspirate . I also put my vial in warm water as TRT2010 stated - makes it a little easier to inject (and more like body temp).

I'll try and warm the vial up next time.

Also, does anyone else get small individual 1cc vials? I just assumed I would get a large bottle to draw from instead I got 10 little bottles.

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I use an 18g to draw and switch to a 25g to inject. The pharmacy originally gave me 22g needles to inject with but I found that pretty unconfortable.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by frawnz View Post
    I use an 18g to draw and switch to a 25g to inject. The pharmacy originally gave me 22g needles to inject with but I found that pretty unconfortable.
    yeh 22's are a pain....i use 18 to draw and pin with 23....

rick...also make sure u stay sterile...use alcohol to wipe the injection area b4 and after

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Dont try to inject to fast unless you like pain. It's better to take 1 or 2 minutes to push it in slowly than have a sore leg for 2 or 3 days.

fill your syringe with water. Now push it out hard like you usually do and see how far it shoots in the air. Where is that going inside of you? Slamming against the muscle. It's called a bruise or charlie horse. Sound like fun. 2 minutes can save you 2 days of pain. Makes sense to me.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Have the doc write you a script for a 10ML bottle or ask the pharmacy if they can order you one next time. The little bottles are a pain.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Never had an issue with 22g's. In fact it's more convenient saving time to pre-warm the oil for easier dispersion.

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiianPride. View Post
    Never had an issue with 22g's. In fact it's more convenient saving time to pre-warm the oil for easier dispersion.
    Ya well, with arms like that you should be injecting with a 15g needle! Man up! lol.

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by frawnz View Post
    Ya well, with arms like that you should be injecting with a 15g needle! Man up! lol.
    Haha. Not my arms but soon will be one day bro!

crg
    crg is offline Junior Member
    I use a 25g 1" auto retract in the delts (auto retracts are great) and I dont have any problems. yeah it's slow going in and coming out but I'm in no hurry and going in slow is the best way IMHO (never painful) and I dont play the draw it with a big gauge and inj with a smaller gauge...I dont see a need for that

rebelstate is offline Junior Member
    i use a 21-ga to draw then after i pull all the test back in a little i change out the needle to a 25-ga 1-inch and inject in leg,i alternate which leg each week, the 25-ga doe not hurt much compared to that 21...i just returned from drug store and bought 14 21-ga syn and 14 25-ga 1-inch and it only cost an even 7-bucks
    Last edited by rebelstate; 09-15-2010 at 03:33 PM.

ds53 is offline Junior Member
    I like 23 1.5" in the quads and 25 1" in the shoulder. I have decided that going deeper definately produces less surface bruising where everyone in the gym cant tell you are injecting. If you have small bruises on your quads and shoulders everyone will know you are cycling and that is not really a good thing.

JuiceBox12 is offline Junior Member
    The pharmacy ace me 1 1/2 in. 21g and it wasn't bad at all. Then again I had my ears pierced with a 6g cookie cutter needle.

Joking aside doesn't all the needle switching increase chance of contamination?

One other question. Should I use the same size syringe for my hCG injections?

Quote Originally Posted by JuiceBox12 View Post
    The pharmacy ace me 1 1/2 in. 21g and it wasn't bad at all. Then again I had my ears pierced with a 6g cookie cutter needle.

Joking aside doesn't all the needle switching increase chance of contamination?

One other question. Should I use the same size syringe for my hCG injections?
    keep the needles/syringes in the paper/plastic until youre actually ready to pin....no problem...just peel back the paper til u can change pins...you wont want to jam a 21 guage needle in your arse or where ever the f for the rest of your life

I will definitely keep that in mind.

I will definitely keep that in mind.
    it will become second hand it will be that easy and almost menial at least its usually only once a week....in the beginning for me and i've read others it was exhilarating

BUT switching pins because u dont want it to take 15 minutes i guess its just how u value your time

The 21 didn't hurt and there wasn't any bruising and It was done slowly. I guess only time will tell. I used to be terrified of needles. I guess through all the tattoos and piercings I kinda got over it.

I still don't understand how to fill a syringe with the wrapper on.

The 21 didn't hurt and there wasn't any bruising and It was done slowly. I guess only time will tell. I used to be terrified of needles. I guess through all the tattoos and piercings I kinda got over it.

I still don't understand how to fill a syringe with the wrapper on.
    i guess i meant keep the wrapper around them as long as you can...if you have say 18 guage pins, there wont be a syringe(just the pin) and you gotta take the pin off the syringe/needle that youre actually gonna be pinning with...so when you do that, just peel back the wrapper enough to unscrew the pin leaving that "to pin with" pin/needle still in the wrapper keeping it from air/whatever...you'll figure it out...but make sure u use alcohol b4 and after at the injection site and aspirate

crg
    take the syringe out of the wrapper. IF it's a normal syringe, the syringe and needle are 2 seperate components, they come apart. If you want to draw with a larger one and inject with a smaller one, unwrap it ,the needle has a plastic cover on it, take it off, put on a larger gauge, draw your test, pull back the plunger a bit, put the smaller one back on, push the plunger forward to get the air out, swab,stick yourself, aspirate , inject.

the retractable ones I use are one piece and spring loaded, you cant take the needle off. you push the plunger all the way forward the needle retracts into the syringe, so no sharps laying around the house...

for what it's worth- I was a military combat medic for 20 years, I have given a shitload of shots and never ONCE changed a needle because of a concern that the point dulled because it pierced a rubber stopper first or it was easier to draw with a larger gauge, and I've never seen anyone in the medical profession (emergency/OR/clinical/etc) do it, doesnt mean some don't I've just never seen it....but thats the military, we're generally a more rugged bunch of humans

I guess I'll stick with the old if it ain't broke don't fix it method.

Quote Originally Posted by crg View Post
    take the syringe out of the wrapper. IF it's a normal syringe, the syringe and needle are 2 seperate components, they come apart. If you want to draw with a larger one and inject with a smaller one, unwrap it ,the needle has a plastic cover on it, take it off, put on a larger gauge, draw your test, pull back the plunger a bit, put the smaller one back on, push the plunger forward to get the air out, swab,stick yourself, aspirate , inject.

the retractable ones I use are one piece and spring loaded, you cant take the needle off. you push the plunger all the way forward the needle retracts into the syringe, so no sharps laying around the house...

for what it's worth- I was a military combat medic for 20 years, I have given a shitload of shots and never ONCE changed a needle because of a concern that the point dulled because it pierced a rubber stopper first or it was easier to draw with a larger gauge, and I've never seen anyone in the medical profession (emergency/OR/clinical/etc) do it, doesnt mean some don't I've just never seen it....but thats the military, we're generally a more rugged bunch of humans
    this method is tried and true and practiced by many on this board...and i sure wouldnt follow what i've seen in the medical profession

crg
    Wearing a belt with suspenders is also tried, true and practiced.

I personally dont need that high of a safety factor, but thats just me

Wearing a belt with suspenders is also tried, true and practiced.

I personally dont need that high of a safety factor, but thats just me
    good one and interesting segue....yeh suspenders would prolly ruin your rugged rep/look

crg
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    good one and interesting segue....yeh suspenders would prolly ruin your rugged rep/look
    jpkman-How old are you? No need to get personal with the "rugged rep/look" sh*t because I dont agree with you..grow the f*ck up

juicebox- sorry for this BS on your post

jpkman-How old are you? No need to get personal with the "rugged rep/look" sh*t because I dont agree with you..grow the f*ck up

thought u brought up the ruggedness not me so go spray your filth somewhere else brawny boy

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    jpkman-How old are you? No need to get personal with the "rugged rep/look" sh*t because I don't agree with you..grow the f*ck up

Juice, not sorry for this BS - CRG your comments were out of line. JP is the longest posting member on this board. Clean up your act or go somewhere else. Switching needles is common (maybe not in the field). And to accuse all the good bro's here of being less rugged than you is ignorant. Maybe they ARE smarter than you, but I am sure we would all use one needle if that was the only choice we had. Now apologize and go to your room.

Flats

Epic Ed is offline Associate Member
    Damn, CRG, a bit thin skinned? You could just as easily have taken his comments as a joke. Don't take yourself so seriously.

One of the nice things about self administering your own meds is you get to find out what works for you. I've never know a medical professional to take their time injecting, either, but I know for a fact that it causes less post injection pain then just slamming the plunger in as quick as possible. TRT isn't emergency room medicine or trauma treatment. Minimizing injection site pain is an important factor to most of us who are pinning this stuff twice a week. It's a matter of common sense and fact that drawing with one pin and injecting with a fresh, sterile, and factory sharp needle is going to causing less pain than a pin that has been pushed through a stopper first. I don't care how you do yours, but there's an undeniable logic in swapping needles.

I am sure that it is less painful. I'm sure it becomes second nature after a while. Since this is only my 3rd pin (one being hcg ) I'm going to use the K.I.S.S. method. I really appreciate all the info and help and in a few months when I'm sick of the initial sting of the pin I will probably learn to switch gages.

I haven't had any bruising and it not hurting afterwards so I figure for now I'm good, besides it's that good pain that I get from piercings and tattoos so it actually brings me pleasure. Different steaks for different folks.

Oh and please argue away on my threads. It is the best way to get the whole story and at the same time find out who is F.O.S. As well as seeing who needs a little more mediation time, to find the ability to laugh at themselves.

"Treat me good and I'll treat you better. Treat me bad and I'll treat you worse!". --Ralph "Sonny" Barger

crg
    Jpkman- sorry for the attack, going through a lot of personal/professional stress right now and my tolerance for just about anything is incredibility well below normal. I owe you a beer.

Flats- no doubt lots of people smarter than I but you DO have a choice

Ed- I don’t agree that switching is “common sense” or logical

Maybe I just have a high tolerance for the pain of the pin. Just for reference I did my first cycle ( Dbol and Test) back in 1983 and have inject many time between then and now, and I've know many very big guys who have shot alot of juice. The first I’ve ever heard of swapping pins was when I started TRT and found this site. Yeah, things change but I NEVER seen a problem or heard of one story where using the same pin caused an issue.

My point is: do what’s right for YOU; everybody has a technique that works for THEM, including me but ALL should be considered.

We good?

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Jpkman- sorry for the attack, going through a lot of personal/professional stress right now and my tolerance for just about anything is incredibility well below normal. I owe you a beer.

Maybe I just have a high tolerance for the pain of the pin. Just for reference I did my first cycle ( Dbol and Test) back in 1983 and have inject many time between then and now, and I've know many very big guys who have shot alot of juice. The first I’ve ever heard of swapping pins was when I started TRT and found this site. Yeah, things change but I NEVER seen a problem or heard of one story where using the same pin caused an issue.

My point is: do what’s right for YOU; everybody has a technique that works for THEM, including me but ALL should be considered.

We good?
    You do have a choice, always. It just has nothing to do with being "rugged". Now go vote no on the poll bro. We r g2g.

We good?
    accepted and preciated and understood and agree with how u summed it up...NO HARD FEELINGS at all

thanks all

Thread Information