JuiceBox12 is offline Junior Member

Arimidex and Nolvadex interaction

I am looking into different A.I.'s to have on hand for my TRT. I was told to look at Armidex. I am already taking Nolvadex . I read that Arimidex should not be taken with Nolvadex. Just wanted some input on this.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    what are your plans with the nolvadex (are u going to run labs to see where your estro is soon?) i dont see many ppl using nolva on trt let alone both...have u read up on either?

I had an estrogen panel ran. I don't have the results in front of me. I'm gonna have to pick them up on Monday. I go back in for blood work on the 14th. I didn't know much about either when I got the Rx. I thought Nolva was an A.I. But now after some research I realize that it is a blocker. I think I need arimidex instead of the nolva. Guess I'll have to talk with the Dr. and see what he thinks.

I got my Estradiol lab back and it is 44 on a range of 0-56.

ds53 is offline Junior Member
    Arimidex will block roughly 50% of estrogen, depending on the dosage. You some estrogen to keep your lipid profile in good order and a few other things. Nolvadex is a estrogen receptor blocker, it doesnt lower estrogen at all.

Thank you. I have found this out the hard way and am having troubles getting my GP to give me an A.I. I know he will once my next labs are run but that's not till the 8th.

Vettester is offline Banned
    I would dump the Nolva unless you're dealing specifically with gyno related issues. Nolva is a SERM, not a AI.

In the big picture of things, your E2 score isn't all that bad at 44. Depending on your TRT regiment, you could add 0.25mg or 0.50mg x 2/wk of Adex/Liquidex and get that in the low 30's in no time. You can easily get the Liquidex from our sponsor, ARR.

Thanks. I am starting to get a better grasp of what is going on with everything. I guess it's all just going to take time. I'd drop the Nolva if I had an A.I. But until I get one I'm gonna stick with it. Hopefully today will be a new day and the doc will write the Rx for the Arimidex .

I see that you said 44 wasn't that bad for an E2 score, but it is still in the upper 1/3???

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JuiceBox12 View Post
    Thanks. I am starting to get a better grasp of what is going on with everything. I guess it's all just going to take time. I'd drop the Nolva if I had an A.I. But until I get one I'm gonna stick with it. Hopefully today will be a new day and the doc will write the Rx for the Arimidex .

I see that you said 44 wasn't that bad for an E2 score, but it is still in the upper 1/3???
    If you get it down to 35, it would still be in the upper 1/3 range depending on who's reference chart you're looking at. I see these E2 ranges that show 0-52, or similar. Trust me, you would rather be 52 than 0. E2 is very good hormone to have, just not abundance levels of it. 30 is about perfect in my book +/- 5 points. 52 is manageable by all means. Ask members like Forrest & Trees what high levels of E2 really are. I think he was around 100 points higher than yours, and trusted a moderate dose of AI to bring it down to normal levels. It took 2 or 3 months, but that's the pace it should go to allow the body to adjust and get acclimated properly.

Thread Information