Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 46
  1. #1
    wecker is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    79

    Does anyone take short breaks from TRT?

    I am on TRT with an AA Clinic

    They recommended me to take one month of TRT once a year and
    also to do a body cleansing during this time.

    What about if I want to take two month off.

    1.) Can I just stop cold turkey or do I need pct ??

    2.) What PCT would be needed ?

    2.) How does a body cleansing look like ?

    I am on 200mg Testo Cyp/week / 2 x 500 Ui HCG /week and 3 x 1 mg Arimidex /week

    Thanks for your feedbacks .

  2. #2
    spicyer's Avatar
    spicyer is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Out of my mind
    Posts
    319
    For me that would be like saying take your medication 11 months out of the year and then lay off of it for a month. Why would I want to do that, I want to feel good all the time. What level is your test at with 200mg test per week and the hcg ?

  3. #3
    wecker is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by spicyer View Post
    For me that would be like saying take your medication 11 months out of the year and then lay off of it for a month. Why would I want to do that, I want to feel good all the time. What level is your test at with 200mg test per week and the hcg?
    I will have my BW done this Thursday as soon as I have my values back I will tell you.

  4. #4
    Vettester is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Californication
    Posts
    5,657
    I'd like to see your BW too. How long have you been on TRT? What was your baseline numbers going in (Test, E2, LH/FSH)?

  5. #5
    warchild's Avatar
    warchild is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pescadero State Hospital
    Posts
    5,771
    i have been off trt for nearly 2 months now after being on for 2 years straight at 200-300weekly test c. I just finished pct today of nolva/clomid. Might do some hcg in another 2 weeks. Got off b/c it gets old pinning yourself, BW, acne, and constant hard-ons. Plus im 27 so im gonna see how my natty levels rebound.

  6. #6
    wecker is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    i have been off trt for nearly 2 months now after being on for 2 years straight at 200-300weekly test c. I just finished pct today of nolva/clomid. Might do some hcg in another 2 weeks. Got off b/c it gets old pinning yourself, BW, acne, and constant hard-ons. Plus im 27 so im gonna see how my natty levels rebound.
    How is your hcg regime going to look like ?

  7. #7
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    I would be curious to see what their clinical basis was for recommending such an odd idea. I am assuming your body no longer really produces test, so why would you want to shut that down for a month?

  8. #8
    Times Roman's Avatar
    Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Back from Afghanistan
    Posts
    27,383
    Quote Originally Posted by warchild View Post
    i have been off trt for nearly 2 months now after being on for 2 years straight at 200-300weekly test c. I just finished pct today of nolva/clomid. Might do some hcg in another 2 weeks. Got off b/c it gets old pinning yourself, BW, acne, and constant hard-ons. Plus im 27 so im gonna see how my natty levels rebound.
    and this is "getting old" because.........................?

  9. #9
    wecker is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I would be curious to see what their clinical basis was for recommending such an odd idea. I am assuming your body no longer really produces test, so why would you want to shut that down for a month?
    I wonder too .. that's why I was asking here.

  10. #10
    wecker is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    I'd like to see your BW too. How long have you been on TRT? What was your baseline numbers going in (Test, E2, LH/FSH)?
    total test. 498
    free test. 58
    fsh 4.9
    lh 6.1
    e2 58

  11. #11
    Vettester is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Californication
    Posts
    5,657
    Quote Originally Posted by wecker View Post
    total test. 498
    free test. 58
    fsh 4.9
    lh 6.1
    e2 58
    Are these your baseline scores? If so, what prompted you to go on TRT? Sorry if you've posted this already, but how old are you?

  12. #12
    dosXX's Avatar
    dosXX is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    504
    Your E2 is elevated. I wonder what it is now? Well I guess we'll find out in a few days right?

  13. #13
    APIs's Avatar
    APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Avoiding newbies @ gym...
    Posts
    1,322

    1 month off?

    After being on long term therapy @ 200 mgs/week they're having you stop all of a sudden for one month? I cant imagine why you would just stop like that? Your levels (that are likely in excess of 1,100) will drop like a stone & you'll feel like garbage for sure. There must be more behind this story that the clinic or you have not shared? IMO, I would seriously question this protocol & search for a new Dr. immediately...

    Edit: I just read the later posts sorry. Is anyone else confused? I dont understand the OP getting tired of taking shots or taking "2 months off" to see how "my natty levels rebound"? Didnt the clinic explain coming into this that HRT would be for life? What was their clinical explanation for putting you on HRT in the first place? All the questions you are asking here should have been covered by the Dr. @ the clinic anyway no?
    Last edited by APIs; 09-28-2010 at 10:51 AM.

  14. #14
    wecker is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Are these your baseline scores? If so, what prompted you to go on TRT? Sorry if you've posted this already, but how old are you?
    Yes baseline scores.

    I am 49 and decided to go on trt because I had a big lack of energy. I really turned into
    a couch potato. I was also very grumpy all the time. Over the last two years I have started to lose muscle mass and putting on fat around my mid section although I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and do a lot of cardio too and my diet is in check also. Further I could not sleep anymore.

    I have been on trt for 7 weeks now and I feel just great !!!

  15. #15
    wecker is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    79
    [QUOTE=APIs;5372884]After being on long term therapy @ 200 mgs/week they're having you stop all of a sudden for one month? I cant imagine why you would just stop like that? Your levels (that are likely in excess of 1,100) will drop like a stone & you'll feel like garbage for sure. There must be more behind this story that the clinic or you have not shared? IMO, I would seriously question this protocol & search for a new Dr. immediately...

    I find it strange too they just told me they recommend to take a one month off.
    Yes.. I’am already searching for another clinic but the one I have just been writing to
    hasn’t responded back so far. Does anybody know a good (internet) clinic ?
    Last edited by wecker; 09-28-2010 at 11:27 AM.

  16. #16
    Vettester is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Californication
    Posts
    5,657
    Wow, a clinic put you on that protocol with those baseline numbers? I have no clue what would warrant 200mg/wk and all that HCG when your test is almost 500 and your LH value is above 6. Your E2 was high, and I suspect your SHGB was also elevated. However, just by lowering the E2 and SHBG could have probably put you up where a lot of guys are at on TRT, but with keeping your natty alive. Well, so much for that thought.

    I know a Dr./Clinic that practices a similar program. Their concept is to give the body a break from the exogenous testosterone and to basically do a detox. I don't subscribe to this practice, but there are places that do it. Usually they'll load you up on HCG during this time so that you don't crash. If you go cold turkey, you're going to really see what it feels like to get in a low place. Crashing is never fun. Your LH will suppress to nil, and you'll find your test levels to be in the 100's or low 200's. It won't be fun!

  17. #17
    bowers32 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tallahassee, Fl
    Posts
    122
    I get some guys not understanding why the OP wants to do this... but they are interesting questions nonetheless....

    I also think that not everyone on TRT is in the exact same boat. Some may take it cause they MUST because their levels are so low life is miserable. Some may take it because as they age their levels are declining but not totally in the toilet, and want TRT to improve things a bit.

    Also, are we sure (and maybe it is true 100% of the time as vette and others are much more knowledgeable than me), that if you start it for a period of time then stop it, that your levels will for sure go in the tiolet?

    So again, I like the questions and am curious on the answers.

    I myself am going off to basically run an expierment on myself, if for no other reason to gain a better sense of how my body is reacting to it. I am finding that I feel no different off, then on.... I will do labs in 4 weeks to compare with my other labs.. I have religiously done BW ever 6 weeks since starting.

    Now I may be on here in two weeks changing my tune... who knows... but i would be curious to know if there is any advantage to taking time off or cycling off and also if PCT is necssary on that time off.

  18. #18
    wecker is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Wow, a clinic put you on that protocol with those baseline numbers? I have no clue what would warrant 200mg/wk and all that HCG when your test is almost 500 and your LH value is above 6. Your E2 was high, and I suspect your SHGB was also elevated. However, just by lowering the E2 and SHBG could have probably put you up where a lot of guys are at on TRT, but with keeping your natty alive. Well, so much for that thought.

    I know a Dr./Clinic that practices a similar program. Their concept is to give the body a break from the exogenous testosterone and to basically do a detox. I don't subscribe to this practice, but there are places that do it. Usually they'll load you up on HCG during this time so that you don't crash. If you go cold turkey, you're going to really see what it feels like to get in a low place. Crashing is never fun. Your LH will suppress to nil, and you'll find your test levels to be in the 100's or low 200's. It won't be fun!
    Yes my SHBG was 78

    you realy scare me !!!!!

  19. #19
    wecker is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by bowers32 View Post
    I get some guys not understanding why the OP wants to do this... but they are interesting questions nonetheless....

    I also think that not everyone on TRT is in the exact same boat. Some may take it cause they MUST because their levels are so low life is miserable. Some may take it because as they age their levels are declining but not totally in the toilet, and want TRT to improve things a bit.

    Also, are we sure (and maybe it is true 100% of the time as vette and others are much more knowledgeable than me), that if you start it for a period of time then stop it, that your levels will for sure go in the tiolet?

    So again, I like the questions and am curious on the answers.

    I myself am going off to basically run an expierment on myself, if for no other reason to gain a better sense of how my body is reacting to it. I am finding that I feel no different off, then on.... I will do labs in 4 weeks to compare with my other labs.. I have religiously done BW ever 6 weeks since starting.

    Now I may be on here in two weeks changing my tune... who knows... but i would be curious to know if there is any advantage to taking time off or cycling off and also if PCT is necssary on that time off.
    That's going to be interesting.

  20. #20
    Vettester is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Californication
    Posts
    5,657
    Quote Originally Posted by wecker View Post
    Yes my SHBG was 78

    you realy scare me !!!!!
    You haven't driven with me when I open the throttle ... That is when it will get scary

    It looks like you just needed to free up some of your bio-available "T".

  21. #21
    wecker is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    You haven't driven with me when I open the throttle ... That is when it will get scary

    It looks like you just needed to free up some of your bio-available "T".

    Help

    I don’t know what to do anymore.

    I went to this clinic because I had a few of this
    Andropause side effects that’s why I started trt and
    now you are telling me that just by lowering the E2 and SHBG
    I would have gotten into the higher end ?
    Now I’m taking all of this medication.


    Shall I stop trt go on pct and as soon as my own
    testo level is back treat my E2 and SHBG ?

    But I feel very good ..I am full of energy and in
    a good mood.. my muscle mass is back and the
    fat around my mid section is melting away too.

    I don’t know if I would get that all just by lowering
    E2 and SHBG ????

    I am in a stupid situation right now.

  22. #22
    Vettester is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Californication
    Posts
    5,657
    Easy does it, don't go into panic mode or anything, it's all good! I'm posting from my phone, but will get back to you later. In the meantime, do you have your albumin score from that panel? I want to confirm your free test %, which can be calculated w/ the albumin.
    Thanks!!

  23. #23
    wecker is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Easy does it, don't go into panic mode or anything, it's all good! I'm posting from my phone, but will get back to you later. In the meantime, do you have your albumin score from that panel? I want to confirm your free test %, which can be calculated w/ the albumin.
    Thanks!!
    Albumin was 44.6

    thank you very much !!!!!

  24. #24
    wecker is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by wecker View Post
    Albumin was 44.6

    thank you very much !!!!!
    by the way I have another free testo value from the end of June which
    was 170 pmol/l I don't know what that means total test was 14.8 nmol/l that
    time

  25. #25
    Vettester is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Californication
    Posts
    5,657
    OK, your free test % was 1.12%. Free testosterone is the actual unbound testosterone that gets used by the body. So, a person with a total serum score of 600ng/dl and a 3% free test score will have more actual bio-available test for use than a man, let's say with a serum score of 700ng/dl, but 1.8% on the free/unbound score. In your case, you could get your free testosterone % up around 3%, which would probably give you the surge you are looking for. 2% to 3% is a good area to aim for with free test.

    How long have you been on TRT? I really want to see your lab results this week. I do believe that you were feeling those symptoms due to the ratio of free test and total serum. IMO, this could have been resolved by increasing your free "T". There's definitely room to do so.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by wecker View Post
    Yes my SHBG was 78

    you realy scare me !!!!!
    Yes, Vetteman *is* scary. He's done it to me a couple times too. The man knows his stuff. The good news is, if what he suspects is true, then lowering your SHBG and E2 is pretty simple and not something you'd have to do for life; unlike TRT. You may just need to test every so often and make small adjustments when needed to keep you on track. I'm hoping for your sake that's the case. Fingers crossed. It's far better than being a *lifer* on TRT.

  27. #27
    wecker is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    OK, your free test % was 1.12%. Free testosterone is the actual unbound testosterone that gets used by the body. So, a person with a total serum score of 600ng/dl and a 3% free test score will have more actual bio-available test for use than a man, let's say with a serum score of 700ng/dl, but 1.8% on the free/unbound score. In your case, you could get your free testosterone % up around 3%, which would probably give you the surge you are looking for. 2% to 3% is a good area to aim for with free test.

    How long have you been on TRT? I really want to see your lab results this week. I do believe that you were feeling those symptoms due to the ratio of free test and total serum. IMO, this could have been resolved by increasing your free "T". There's definitely room to do so.
    First of all...

    You guys are great !!!! Thank you very much for all your help !!!

    I have been on TRT for 6-weeks. Tomorrow I will start week number seven.
    I would definitely take your advise and try to get my free testo up with
    controlling E2 and SHBG but I donít know how to do so ?

    It would be great if you could help me with it

  28. #28
    Vettester is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Californication
    Posts
    5,657
    Quote Originally Posted by wecker View Post
    First of all...

    You guys are great !!!! Thank you very much for all your help !!!

    I have been on TRT for 6-weeks. Tomorrow I will start week number seven.
    I would definitely take your advise and try to get my free testo up with
    controlling E2 and SHBG but I don’t know how to do so ?

    It would be great if you could help me with it
    Your Anastrozole is controlling your E2, which in turn should help decrease the SHBG a bit. I hope your E2 is OK. I didn't chime in too much on this subject, as we've been going on this other stuff, but I personally think that's way too much Anastrozole to be taking. I can present you a few members here that have got pretty sick with that stuff. In your case, 0.5mg x 3/wk would have been sufficient (IMO). You probably wonder why you're getting so much of it then ... Well, look at the price of that stuff and now the mystery is solved. This taps a whole other subject that I'll probably get into at some point on another thread.

    Anyways, back on track with the SHBG ... Look at getting some Stinging Nettle Root ... It works! For the moment, let's see what your panels say. 6 weeks isn't that long, you could probably pull off some sort of PCT and get yourself back to where you were before, but with the ability to increase your free "T" activity. Does that sound of interest or are you set on Club TRT?

    BTW, what other stats can you share with us? (Height, weight, BF%, Mother's name, shoe size)

  29. #29
    wecker is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Your Anastrozole is controlling your E2, which in turn should help decrease the SHBG a bit. I hope your E2 is OK. I didn't chime in too much on this subject, as we've been going on this other stuff, but I personally think that's way too much Anastrozole to be taking. I can present you a few members here that have got pretty sick with that stuff. In your case, 0.5mg x 3/wk would have been sufficient (IMO). You probably wonder why you're getting so much of it then ... Well, look at the price of that stuff and now the mystery is solved. This taps a whole other subject that I'll probably get into at some point on another thread.

    Anyways, back on track with the SHBG ... Look at getting some Stinging Nettle Root ... It works! For the moment, let's see what your panels say. 6 weeks isn't that long, you could probably pull off some sort of PCT and get yourself back to where you were before, but with the ability to increase your free "T" activity. Does that sound of interest or are you set on Club TRT?

    BTW, what other stats can you share with us? (Height, weight, BF%, Mother's name, shoe size)
    Thanks Sir,

    Well I’m 5’9 was around 170-172 lbs at around 8-10% bf before
    I started TRT and now after six weeks I am around 182-184 lbs with
    the same % bf.

    I have been working out for over 30 years.

    I am very much into my body and take good care of it.. eating the
    right clean food is very important to me. I always keep my body in
    shape at least until the day when I recognized that I was losing muscles
    and putting on fat.. etc etc.

    Of course I would rather not be on TRT if I could get the same or
    very close effects in a natural way. More energy ,,, less bodyfat more
    muscles better mood.

    I can always come back to the Club TRT if nothing works.

    I have been losing muscles for the last two years most probable my free testo level
    has been down for that long.

    Yes I will post my BW as soon as I have them !!!!!!

    thanks
    Last edited by wecker; 09-28-2010 at 08:06 PM.

  30. #30
    Vettester is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Californication
    Posts
    5,657
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest_and_trees View Post
    Yes, Vetteman *is* scary. He's done it to me a couple times too.
    It's as if I'm on steroids or something ... Damn scary stuff!

  31. #31
    bowers32 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tallahassee, Fl
    Posts
    122
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest_and_trees View Post
    Yes, Vetteman *is* scary. He's done it to me a couple times too. The man knows his stuff. The good news is, if what he suspects is true, then lowering your SHBG and E2 is pretty simple and not something you'd have to do for life; unlike TRT. You may just need to test every so often and make small adjustments when needed to keep you on track. I'm hoping for your sake that's the case. Fingers crossed. It's far better than being a *lifer* on TRT.
    No doubt... Vette is Yoda... when you think you have learned it all and think you have it all down pat in your mind how TRT is .... sit back and watch him explain something that makes you realize pretty quick that he has forgotten more than you know..

    I am very thankful for this board and for vette and his word of wisdom to me personally from time to time.. Rock on vetteman

  32. #32
    warchild's Avatar
    warchild is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Pescadero State Hospital
    Posts
    5,771
    haaha i know sounds crazy but i still can get hard, just dont like walking around all day with a hardon, find it hard to do other things when all i have i my mind is sex or watching porn

  33. #33
    wakejunkie37 is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    33
    Vette def. has all the info a trt guy needs to know! I have been on TRT for about 10 years and going strong.

  34. #34
    Vettester is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Californication
    Posts
    5,657
    Quote Originally Posted by bowers32 View Post
    No doubt... Vette is Yoda... when you think you have learned it all and think you have it all down pat in your mind how TRT is .... sit back and watch him explain something that makes you realize pretty quick that he has forgotten more than you know..

    I am very thankful for this board and for vette and his word of wisdom to me personally from time to time.. Rock on vetteman
    Well, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express the other night.

    Thanks for the kind words you guys. I'm just here to learn and share like everyone else. We all grow stronger learning from each other.

    Respect
    PS: Yoda??? Far from it .. Maybe Hans Solo though

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    Well, I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express the other night.

  36. #36
    flatscat's Avatar
    flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,610
    Here's another reason these quacks sometimes make you take a break -

    My Doc actually told me at a Anti-Aging seminar, they encouraged Docs to let their clients come off for a month so they would remember how bad they felt before they started trt and it would enhance their overall satisfaction with the program, I guess they mean they want to get you hooked and then make you go through withdrawals so you will keep paying the big bucks to get your script - what a freakin joke. Of course I explained he would have a size 11 boot up his ass if he pulled that shiot with me.

    Can you fecking believe it??????

  37. #37
    wecker is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    Here's another reason these quacks sometimes make you take a break -

    My Doc actually told me at a Anti-Aging seminar, they encouraged Docs to let their clients come off for a month so they would remember how bad they felt before they started trt and it would enhance their overall satisfaction with the program, I guess they mean they want to get you hooked and then make you go through withdrawals so you will keep paying the big bucks to get your script - what a freakin joke. Of course I explained he would have a size 11 boot up his ass if he pulled that shiot with me.

    Can you fecking believe it??????
    That’s unbelievable and mean.

    Such clinics should be banned. !!!!!!!!


    I had the feeling that my clinic is ripping me off I
    pay much to much compared to other patients with
    other clinics and also with all the medications they
    have me on.

  38. #38
    lucyluciano is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    43
    i am 48 and have only cycled orals in the past. the idea of pinning test to improve libido is very attractive. Can someone explain to me why adding Test, (a steroid ) boosts libido, yet taking orals shuts most user's (including me) libido down.

  39. #39
    lucyluciano is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by lucyluciano View Post
    i am 48 and have only cycled orals in the past. the idea of pinning test to improve libido is very attractive. Can someone explain to me why adding Test, (a steroid) boosts libido, yet taking orals shuts most user's (including me) libido down.

    BUMP....anyone?

  40. #40
    zaggahamma's Avatar
    zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    19,495
    theres also the possiblility that the OP was used to higher levels of test in his youth/prime and that he will benefit from a full TRT as he is on currently

    e2 did look a little high but has been taking a hefty dose of arimidex ..

    i think we all wait anxiously for next bloodwork..

    warchild...would be nice if you make a post of how your hiatus works for you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •