frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member

Problems sleeping

I've been on TRT for almost 3 months now (1+ month of Androgel , then switched to 100-150mg/week Test C just under 2 months ago). Lately I've been having nights were I can sleep, and I am often waking up through the night.

Usually I am a really solid sleeper. I used to fall asleep within about 5 minutes of laying down and didn't wake up till my alarm clock went off in the morning. The other night I slept for about 1.5 hours and then just could not fall back asleep again, and this has happened with more and more regularity lately.

Is this normal to expect while on Test C? Will this eventually go away once my body becomes used to my TRT? I'd really hate to have to take sleeping meds, as I have to get up VERY early for work every morning and don't want to be a zombie.

bowers32 is offline Junior Member
    well I think Test has been known to not be real good for sleep unlike say HGH... but are you taking any kind of Anti-E meds? If so they can really cause havoc if your dose is too high. I had a horrible time in the beginning because of it.

Nope, just the Test C.

Vettester is offline Banned
    How's the BP? Anything on your recent lab panels that might indicate a problem.

One thought ... When I got on TRT, I (like many people do) also made lifestyle changes, which included getting my diet dialed in and hitting the gym. Well of course just about everyone will start adding all the different supplements to support these positive changes. I started having sleep issues like you're describing. I realized my issues were stemmed from the energy drinks that I was taking for my workouts.

Take a look at the different things you've added since starting your TRT and it might just be a simple fix. The only time TRT affects me like that is if my test levels are elevated >1000 for more than a few months.

My BP is excellent, just had it checked last week (think it was 117/75). I am definitely hitting the gym like a mad man since starting TRT, and have recently been taking "jack3d" for the past 2 weeks, but the sleep issues started before I started using it (although it may be amplifying the sleep problems). I don't really take any other supplements, aside from whey protein, which I've been using for the past 5+ years.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    some things you can take before bed to make you sleepy

melatonin
    GABA

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    GHB is great

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    some things you can take before bed to make you sleepy

melatonin
    GABA
    I want to try to avoid anything that will make me drowsy. I get up for work at 245 AM, so I worry about anything that can make me lethargic for the first half of my day (while most of you are still sleeping! lol)

I've heard that while most people are lucky not to deal with it, it's not entirely uncommon. I had the same problem. I'd wake up ready to go thinking it was morning and I had only been asleep like 45mins to an hour. This went on all night. Some times I'd wake up 5-6-7 times a night. It was driving me crazy. It took nearly 9 months before I began to get any decent sleep. I still only get like 4-6 hours of sleep total in a night and I still wake up a lot; but at least it's much easier to fall back to sleep. I hope for your sake that you don't develop the same prob I have.

Me too! I already only get about 5 hours of sleep a night due to my work schedule, so waking up after 90 minutes and not being able to fall back asleep is killin me!

I even tried Ambien and Lunesta and they didn't do squat. Which I suppose is a good thing, because the last thing I want to do is become dependent on Ambien. I've seen some scary videos on the internet of people not even knowing what they're doing on it. They even warn you on the label against sleep eating and driving! Seriously, WTF?!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    my favorite over the counter is Unisom....helps to STAY asleep

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    my favorite over the counter is Unisom....helps to STAY asleep
    Have never even heard of it. I'll have to check it out.

THORSZ is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    Trazadone helps and doesn't leave you sleepy the next day. My doctor turned me on to it and said that a lot of doctors who are on call take it because they can function if they have to. I have a really stressful job and suffer from insomnia. It is worst when I change my T dosage until my body gets used to the new amount. I get night sweats too. Lots of fun.

FTLdude is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest_and_trees View Post
    I even tried Ambien and Lunesta and they didn't do squat. Which I suppose is a good thing, because the last thing I want to do is become dependent on Ambien. I've seen some scary videos on the internet of people not even knowing what they're doing on it. They even warn you on the label against sleep eating and driving! Seriously, WTF?!
    I agree about Ambien...bad drug. OTC doxylamine succinate (sometimes called Unisom) is better. Or ask your doc for Restoril 30mg.

BOB89 is offline Associate Member
    when are you taking your T, I sometimes fight sleep if I take my shot late in the day. Then that sleep disturbance will carry over for a few days.

I know that sometimes I also wake up due to vivid dreams since I started TRT, that sort of ebb and flows though and isn't all the time.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Since being on TRT, I find that if I am stressed about something my sleep really sucks - it has to be something with the way my body is functioning with the T. Used to I could sleep no matter what. I know most of us are able to think more clearly now that we are on, don't you think that ability to zero in could also cause a problem of focusing in on stressful issues to a point where it effects your sleep pattern? I think it does for me anyway.

My sleep issues have subsided. I switched from taking Zinc every day to taking a low dose of Anastrazole 2x week. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but that's the only change that has occurred. It may just be that my body has adapted to the testosterone injections.

FloridaMatrix is offline New Member
    Ive been on androgel and cant ever sleep ! not sure if its the test inj or the gel?

Thread Information