davepl is offline New Member

Crazy-high Estradiol

I have a pituitary issue that was causing low T production, so I've been on TRT for a couple of years. At 0.5cc of cypionate /week I wind up at the low range, at 1.0cc I wind up just above the high range. Estradiol was always in range.

Anyhow, doc had me go to 1.0cc every two weeks, and after a month or two I wound up at:

Serum T 274 ng/dL (ref 280-800 at my lab)
    Free T 5.89 ng/dL (ref 5-21 at my lab)
    Total Estrogens 316 pg/mL (ref 40-115)

My doc is NOT a life-extension doc, and he doesn't like the idea of Arimidex because he says the aromatase inhibitor class of drugs are associated with the same cardio/stroke/dvt risks as increased estrogen. He wants to either go to gel/patch to prevent T peaks or see if I can reduce by bodyfat (23.5% now) to reduce aromatization naturally.

I'm not going to demand arimidex (pardon my spelling if I'm off here) until I've exhaused options under my control, like bodyfat, going back to weekly injections, etc.

Short-term, however, other than Zinc, what (if anything) can I do to drop my estrogen level?

Thanks,
    Dave

ReBilly is offline Junior Member
    Eliminate drinking, work out, drink a lot of water, avoid soy and other stuff that's known xeno-estrogenics or whatever it's called... but none of it's going to know you back in range like good ole arimidex at the proper dose. And gels / patches are far less efficient than IM. For some reason PC docs always wanna push that crap on people. It's BS. If he won't prescribe you what you need to feel better, get a new doc

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    your title claims high estradiol but then the high levels you show are total estrogens

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    was thinking same^^^

dosXX is offline Member
    I've read that Aromasin (exemestane) is better on the lipid panels?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by dosXX View Post
    I've read that Aromasin (exemestane) is better on the lipid panels?
    i'd like to hear of any personal experience with poor lipids from arimidex useage...i also read long term useage COULD result in such but would like to hear of any such first hand experience from some of our experienced members

trix8 is offline Associate Member
    if your doc doesnt want to give it too u and u really need somthin to do the trick click on the ar-r banner they sell bunch of aromtase inhibitors

Thread Information