SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~

Compounded test 50 mgs ED ='s what in injections?

what would be the equivalent to a male taking 50 mgs ED of compounded test cream = to in injections....would it be the same...or not? thanks
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 10-06-2010 at 09:54 AM.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Depends on how much of it absorbs. Do you have a rough number?

I have no idea---he is taking 50 mgs everyday...compounded cream and I was wondering if 7x50 which is 350 a week what this would be equivalent to in injections per week....I guess this is more of my question....I have no idea how much is absorbed which would lead to the answer ....which is why you ask this I suppose...but I do not know...thanks

Well, it depends on the product and how much DMSO it contains. Absorption also varies by location and stuff like that.
    I believe that Androgel absorbs at roughly 20%, so 50mg a day would come out to 70mg a week. This would be equivalent to injecting 100mg of Test E per week (once you factor out the ester weight) and is IMO the perfect TRT dose for most men (since a healthy male's testes produce 7-10mg of testosterone per day). This will put most guys in the 700-800ng/ml range.

thanks....I think I will find out the DSMO ...my friend who is in his 50's has been on this dose since April for replacement therapy and he had surgery last year and got down to 165 pounds...he has always been lean at about 175...very lean..and is 6'1" and not a BB obviously...I was the one to encourage him to start TRT since he was so frail...now he weighs 195 doing NOTHING and I mean nothing....I could not believe this! 20-30 pounds just on this compounded cream dosage....this seems out of the oridinary...don't you think?

Well, 190lbs at 6'1" still isn't very big by any stretch. Maybe he was just highly testosterone deficient and was able to bulk back up quickly (muscle memory maybe?) once he had normal androgen levels. Either that, or the compounded test is way better than Androgel and is reaching maybe 50% absorption, which would be equivalent to a low dosed cycle.

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Androgel is 5g per packet, 50mg of which is actual testosterone , 5mg (10%) of which is supposedly absorbed according to the product materials in the box. So theoretically you'd be absorbing between 35-70mg/week depending on how many packets your doctor is prescribing, and it's my personal opinion that this number is higher than what is actually being absorbed by most. Compare that to 100-200mg/week of test C, which would be 70-140mg/week of reliable testosterone entering the system.

thanks guys!...so I am guessing from this.....at the most 70 mgs a week.....equivalant
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 10-06-2010 at 04:26 PM.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    thats right slim its all a guess with creams/gels anyway

Vettester is offline Banned
    ^^^ Agree that it's probably in the 70mg range after 1 week. However, as jpk indicated, it's always going to be guesswork when taking the topical therapies.

great....I am going to call the compounded pharmacist tomorrow and ask him how much DSMO it contains...I am still shocked that my friend has gained 20-30 pounds in such a short time on compounded cream....he is shocked too since he has always been very thin since he was not a healthy child and came close to leaving the planet this past winter....which is why I suggested test for him in the first place... to help him get his strength back....no heavy people are ever on the sick ward of a hospital... that I have ever seen....

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Where is he rubbing it on? I've seen some postings from people who put it on in the groin area and end up with a much higher absorption rate. Not that I would recommend this, as it specifically says not to use it there in the instructions, but I'm curious.

forearms mostly..all the way up to biceps...shoulders....not the groin
    plus he puts it on his wrist initially to rub on so he does not waste any on his hands to be washed off

Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Well, it depends on the product and how much DMSO it contains. Absorption also varies by location and stuff like that.
    I believe that Androgel absorbs at roughly 20%, so 50mg a day would come out to 70mg a week. This would be equivalent to injecting 100mg of Test E per week (once you factor out the ester weight) and is IMO the perfect TRT dose for most men (since a healthy male's testes produce 7-10mg of testosterone per day). This will put most guys in the 700-800ng/ml range.
    No DMSO in the cream... called the pharmacist....so...???
    (NOTE: for anyone who is curious: DMSO is a solvent which helps the cream penetrate thru the skin)

Thread Information