Thread: New bloodwork

frawnz is offline Knowledgeable Member

New bloodwork

Just had some new bloodwork done from the AA clinic I switched to (from my Endo). I made the switch because my Endo refused to run Estriadol tests, and generally only ran total T. Also, the AA clinic is much more responsive to my input, with the negative factor being that I have to pay more since they don't run insurance.

Anyhow, I'll start with old blood work numbers for reference and lastly post the new data. I'm 30, FYI.

2/2010 - Prior to starting any TRT
    Total T = 351

7/2010 - After about a month of 5g Androgel a day
    Total T = 265
    T4 = 6.1
    T-Uptake = 33%
    Free Thyroxine Index = 2.0
    TSH = 2.54
    FSH = 6
    LH = 9.4
    SHBG = 43

9/2010 - After a month of 100mg Test C Every 5 Days
    Total T = 709
    FSH = 7.9
    LH = 4.8
    SHBG = 20

10/2010 - After switching to AA clinic and using 125mg Test C 2x week for a month
    Total T = 1199
    Free T = 25.7
    Estriadol = 41.9

My AA clinic wants to put me on Arimidex for 6 weeks to get my Estriadol levels down to the 16-20 range. He wants to take 1 pill a day, for 4 consecutive days each week for 6 weeks. IE, every week I would take one pill on Sun, Mon, Tues, Weds, Off, Off, Off.... REPEAT. Never seen anyone mention a similar protocol on here, so I figured I'd mention it.

I'm also switching from Test C to Test E, mainly due to cost (he has a 300mg/ML Test E, but only 200mg/ML Test C and the price is almost the same for both). He wants to bring my Total T down a bit so my new dosing schedule will be 100mg, 2x week.

Also, as a reference, I started going back to the gym religiously around the same time I started the testosterone injections, and here's my progress:

Beginning of August (prior to stepping foot in the gym):
    179 pounds, 23.6% BF

Beginning of Sept (1 month of working out, 3x week, 5mg/day and then 100mg Test C E5D):
    184 pounds, 22.6% BF

Beginning of Oct (2 months of working out, now at 4x week, 250mg Test C/week):
    190 pounds, 18.9% BF

I'm the heaviest I've ever been, and my BF is steadily dropping, especially since adding that 4th day to my weekly workouts and bumping up my cardio to 40 minutes sessions after each workout as opposed to 30 min sessions. I already have people telling me how much my whole body is changing and how much thicker my chest looks.

I think starting TRT is one of the best things I have ever done. For years I flopped back and forth between working out and getting discouraged because of how slow any gains came. I used to try running P90X every so often, but would usually just burn out about 45-60 days in, and now it all makes sense when I look at my testosterone levels that I had prior to TRT. My strength increases in just 2 months of working out are about to surpass what it used to take me 6-12 months to work up to before.

Anyhow, any comments or suggestions are welcome.

JuiceBox12 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for the info on the Arimidex . Good post in general as well. I wish I could afford to go to a clinic, but my doctor does work with me which is a major plus. That P90X routine is brutal. I will feel like I have come a long way once I can finally finish a full 90 of it. Keep up the good work.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    great numbers in october bro...brings me back...u must be stoked...

imo...... too much arimidex ...just doesnt make sense being at 41 without any negative symptoms to do that much...

my .02

others will chime soon

Vettester is offline Banned
    Yes, great job with the gains, kudos!!

41 on E2 isn't all that bad to report, and it can be dialed in relatively easily to the low 30's/high 20's with a just a little AI. How many mg's are they talking on the Arimidex ? I can already tell you that I don't like the schedule.

I should know by Friday when I get the script. As with all things TRT, I will adjust it accordingly. I'm pretty happy with my numbers right now, and didn't even mind when he suggested I lower the testosterone a bit. I'm gonna be careful with the AIs though since I'm not really having too many issues to speak of. And if nothing else, I will have it on hand in case I need it in the future. Seems like it would be cheaper through AR-R , but I can't be sure until I see what the script says exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by frawnz View Post
    I should know by Friday when I get the script. As with all things TRT, I will adjust it accordingly. I'm pretty happy with my numbers right now, and didn't even mind when he suggested I lower the testosterone a bit. I'm gonna be careful with the AIs though since I'm not really having too many issues to speak of. And if nothing else, I will have it on hand in case I need it in the future. Seems like it would be cheaper through AR-R, but I can't be sure until I see what the script says exactly.
    how careful witth the AI?

Probably something along the lines of .25 3x week and get another E2 test done in about 6 weeks.

Probably something along the lines of .25 3x week and get another E2 test done in about 6 weeks.
    sounds solid

stevey_6t9 is offline RIP Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian - Veni Vidi Vici
    great to hear mate, sucks my test is low 300's and the pricks wont put me on TRT

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Numbers look great! 41 is not that high - .25 twice a week might be enough for you. Congrat's

wecker is offline Junior Member
    Just had some new bloodwork done from the AA clinic I switched to (from my Endo). I made the switch because my Endo refused to run Estriadol tests, and generally only ran total T. Also, the AA clinic is much more responsive to my input, with the negative factor being that I have to pay more since they don't run insurance.

Anyhow, I'll start with old blood work numbers for reference and lastly post the new data. I'm 30, FYI.

2/2010 - Prior to starting any TRT
    Total T = 351

7/2010 - After about a month of 5g Androgel a day
    Total T = 265
    T4 = 6.1
    T-Uptake = 33%
    Free Thyroxine Index = 2.0
    TSH = 2.54
    FSH = 6
    LH = 9.4
    SHBG = 43

9/2010 - After a month of 100mg Test C Every 5 Days
    Total T = 709
    FSH = 7.9
    LH = 4.8
    SHBG = 20

10/2010 - After switching to AA clinic and using 125mg Test C 2x week for a month
    Total T = 1199
    Free T = 25.7
    Estriadol = 41.9

My AA clinic wants to put me on Arimidex for 6 weeks to get my Estriadol levels down to the 16-20 range. He wants to take 1 pill a day, for 4 consecutive days each week for 6 weeks. IE, every week I would take one pill on Sun, Mon, Tues, Weds, Off, Off, Off.... REPEAT. Never seen anyone mention a similar protocol on here, so I figured I'd mention it.

I'm also switching from Test C to Test E, mainly due to cost (he has a 300mg/ML Test E, but only 200mg/ML Test C and the price is almost the same for both). He wants to bring my Total T down a bit so my new dosing schedule will be 100mg, 2x week.

Also, as a reference, I started going back to the gym religiously around the same time I started the testosterone injections, and here's my progress:

Beginning of August (prior to stepping foot in the gym):
    179 pounds, 23.6% BF

Beginning of Sept (1 month of working out, 3x week, 5mg/day and then 100mg Test C E5D):
    184 pounds, 22.6% BF

Beginning of Oct (2 months of working out, now at 4x week, 250mg Test C/week):
    190 pounds, 18.9% BF

I'm the heaviest I've ever been, and my BF is steadily dropping, especially since adding that 4th day to my weekly workouts and bumping up my cardio to 40 minutes sessions after each workout as opposed to 30 min sessions. I already have people telling me how much my whole body is changing and how much thicker my chest looks.

I think starting TRT is one of the best things I have ever done. For years I flopped back and forth between working out and getting discouraged because of how slow any gains came. I used to try running P90X every so often, but would usually just burn out about 45-60 days in, and now it all makes sense when I look at my testosterone levels that I had prior to TRT. My strength increases in just 2 months of working out are about to surpass what it used to take me 6-12 months to work up to before.

Anyhow, any comments or suggestions are welcome.
    My clinic had me on a similar Arimidex protocol like yours.
    They told me 24h after testo inject.for three days 1 mg ( 3 x 1 mg in a row each week)

They did not even know my Estriadol levels

I reduced it down to .5mg three times a week which I think is still enough.

I think it is simple the clinic makes money out of that Arimidex is expensive the more
    we swallow the more they can sell.

Quote Originally Posted by wecker View Post
    My clinic had me on a similar Arimidex protocol like yours.
    They told me 24h after testo inject.for three days 1 mg ( 3 x 1 mg in a row each week)

They did not even know my Estriadol levels

I reduced it down to .5mg three times a week which I think is still enough.

I think it is simple the clinic makes money out of that Arimidex is expensive the more
    we swallow the more they can sell.
    still could be too much

What I'm trying to do is balance the pros of insurance coverage by my Endo with the pros of the flexibility and control over my own protocol via the AA clinic. Obviously, the AA clinic makes their money through the scripts they sell. I know if I were less educated (mainly through 9 months of perusing these forums), I probably would be spending a lot more than I am to the AA clinic on unnecessary things. I've dumped thousands of dollars on dental work, laser hair removal, etc over the years, and at the end of the day, my 2-3 months of TRT have had more impact on my sense of well being and confidence, and I've paid significantly less on the TRT than the above mentioned expenses.

I'm probably going to switch to some sort of flexible spending account (FSA) for 2011 that will at least let me get a tax break for the money I'm going to end up spending on my scripts through the AA clinic for next year. It's really a small price to pay for the result though.

wecker is offline Junior Member
    What I'm trying to do is balance the pros of insurance coverage by my Endo with the pros of the flexibility and control over my own protocol via the AA clinic. Obviously, the AA clinic makes their money through the scripts they sell. I know if I were less educated (mainly through 9 months of perusing these forums), I probably would be spending a lot more than I am to the AA clinic on unnecessary things. I've dumped thousands of dollars on dental work, laser hair removal, etc over the years, and at the end of the day, my 2-3 months of TRT have had more impact on my sense of well being and confidence, and I've paid significantly less on the TRT than the above mentioned expenses.

I'm probably going to switch to some sort of flexible spending account (FSA) for 2011 that will at least let me get a tax break for the money I'm going to end up spending on my scripts through the AA clinic for next year. It's really a small price to pay for the result though.
    Not all AA-Clinics are the same .. I am going to change mine as they
    have completely overcharged me.

Got another Clinic from a buddy in this forum where I pay 50% less.

great plan...take advantage of anything like that your job offers...i know i did when i could...work for self now....everything out of pocket

Thread Information