Babyface is offline New Member

Exclamation Getting Rid Of Acne On TRT?

Alright so does EVERYONE on TRT have acne problems like me? Before I started TRT my skin was clear and healthy looking...

Now I'm breaking out with new pimples forming as fast as the old ones clear up. Put simply, my skin looks like shit. I'm pretty muscular and I used to be proud to take my shirt off but now I'm embarrassed and haven't had a girl over in months because my back and shoulders are covered in acne.

What can I do to get rid of this?? I've started taking a megadose of Vitamin B5 a week ago (10g. a day) which is drying my skin out pretty good so it's not so oily but I'm still getting plenty of acne so far...

I just had bloodwork done and here are my results:

Total Testosterone : 1,203 ng/dL
    Free Testosterone: 334 pg/mL
    Percent Free Testosterone: 2.78%
    Total Estrogen: 232 pg/mL
    Dihydrotestosterone: 58 ng/dl

I know the estrogen is way high and I know the T is a little high. So do you think if I bring my T down to 900 and my estrogen down within range I'll clear up?

You guys that have no problem with acne, what are your T levels? Do you keep them high or do you keep them around 700-800?

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Hear this a lot. A trick until you get some medical advice is a home remedy of sorts. Dab a bit of toothpaste..white toothpaste ( not gel) to the areas...epecially in bed at night while sleeping...to help the sting and rednnes..hope this helps some

cdnsupply is offline New Member
    Are they bad on your back? I had that for a bit but nothing crazy. The best way to wash your back is buy a cheap back scratcher and slap a cloth on it. It works great and its really simple. Just purchase some facial washes and use this. I cant help you as far as T levels right now though im going to get them checked out next week.
    Try looking at these sites

acne.net
    http://www.steroidacne.com/how-to-avoid-acne this is the link to that back scratcher idea.

I've heard a lot of people say they begin to clear up after they've been on T for about a year or so. It's been 16 months for me and I've recently begun to clear up in the past month, although I did just start breaking out again yesterday. I've noticed getting my E2 in check seems to have helped. Also, though I have not tried it, I hear some people have good luck with using Dawn dish washing liquid.

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I too had acne problems mostly on the face & back. I've heard this can have a lot to do with E2 levels, but everyone reacts differently. Once my Dr. increased Arimidex to .5 x 3 per week (mon, wed & fri) it has cleared up dramatically over the last 2 months. Hope this helps...

pittbulldad is offline Associate Member
    my face isn't bad.. a pimple here or there.. my backne is pretty bad.. luckily my wife washes my back for me .. cause I can't reach back there

Thread Information