BillyBob210 is offline Junior Member

Latest Labs Have me Concerned

Old post but updated below....please help me out folks!

Good day everyone! I need your input please on my latest labwork.

Alkaline Phosphatase 153 (25-150)
    ALT 31 (0-55)
    AST 25 (0-40)
    WBC 7.5 (4-10.5)
    RBC 5.45 (4.10-5.60)
    Hemoglobin 17.4 (12.-17.0) ?????? See below new post
    Hematocrit 50.5% (36-50) ?????
    MCV 93 (80-98)
    MCH 31.9 (27-34)
    MCHC 34.5 (32-36)
    RDW 12.7 (11.7-15.0)
    Platelets 234 (140-415)
    Neutrophils 73% (40-74_
    Lymphs 15% (14-46)
    Monocytes 9% (4-13)
    EOS 3% (0-7)
    Basos 0 (0-3
    Total Test 288 (280-800)
    Free Test 9.1 (6.8-21.5)
    PSA 0.7 (0.0-4.0)
    Estradiol 20 (7.6-42.6)
    LH 0.2 (1.7-8.6)
    FSH 0.6 (1.5-12.4)
    Vitamin D 43.5 (32-100)

All LabCorp tests.

Obviously I am concerned about my liver function. Alkaline Phosphatase 153 (25-150)

For those who do not know me, I am a recovered alcoholic 16 months. So I know my liver has been damaged from the years of drinking. ALT and AST were through the roof back when I was drinking. Alkaline Phosphatase has stayed elevated at the top of the range since before I quit.

I am on a compounded cream for TRT (13 months) and my total and free numbers are down this time due to a bad batch made (very granular and didn't soak in well), that has been corrected. Sucks but it did convince the doc to up my dose to 10g (same as 2 packs of Androgel ). I suspect my numbers to be around 700 and about 20 on the next go around. Almost have the doc talked into shots. He is willing to do test cyp every two weeks but I am insistent on weekly so we will see next visit.

Any input on the liver numbers would be appreciated!!!

Bill
    Last edited by BillyBob210; 02-11-2011 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Update and questions

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    what does the doc say about the one high remaining liver value and how your trt may impact?

your other elevated levels hemo/hema....mine were similar and my doctor recommended regular blood donation...also read many post of members doing same

make sure you post up your new bloodwork numbers and see if your hunch is right....how are you feeling

Thanks for responding jpkman. I was feeling kind of sluggish in the afternoons and libido had taken a vacation, but I was still busting ass in the gym. Since they got my Test mixture corrected (2 weeks ago) and increased the dosage (3 days ago), I feel fantastic. I have no complaints really, except inability to increase mass, but I know that I just need to eat more...was in diet mode for over a year and it's tough to change the mindset to eating more calories even when I'm not hungry.

Doc didn't have much to say about the hema/hemo numbers except we will check them again and if still elevated, we will discuss. The alkaline phos number has not changed while on T, just the hema/hemo My regular doc had sort of turned his back on me (scared) and I am now seeing a Uro who treats many men with TRT.

I was thinking give blood as well.

Thanks
    Last edited by BillyBob210; 11-08-2010 at 04:01 AM.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    well glad your feeling better and glad you have your health in the right direction...job 1...keep us posted

Went and gave blood today to bring down my hema/hemo numbers before my new bloodwork next week.

Couple of questions: Why does testosterone supplementaion raise these numbers? How long does it take for them to go back up on my current protocol (compounded cream equal to two packs of Androgel )? Just concerned that my doc will lower the dosage and I feel great, so I do not want that.

What does anyone know of the elevated alkaline phosphatase numbers?

Thanks all and Happy Friday!

Bill

Ok.......... I went and gave blood to get my hemo/hema levels down. That worked great. new levels are well below normal...all good.

Test total and free are in the crapper.

Total 154 (249-836) Down from 288
    Free 4.9 (6.8-21.5) Down from 9.1

I gave blood one week prior to doing the bloodwork, but I assumed my levels would be back up by then, especially since Doc upped my TRT gel to equivelent to 2 packs of Androgel ....10 grams.

Did I not wait long enough to do BW after giving blood or do you think that my body may not be absorbing the gel anymore???

I feel fine BTW, libido is fair and Jr. seems to work ok. Not making much for gains in the gym but intensity and energy levels good. Not losing or gaining weight.

Doc called for more BW in 2 weeks and agreed to add estradiol.

Thanks for any input or advice. Kind of worried because these numbers are lower than before I started TRT.

The Toad is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob210 View Post
    Ok.......... I went and gave blood to get my hemo/hema levels down. That worked great. new levels are well below normal...all good.

Test total and free are in the crapper.

Total 154 (249-836) Down from 288
    Free 4.9 (6.8-21.5) Down from 9.1

I gave blood one week prior to doing the bloodwork, but I assumed my levels would be back up by then, especially since Doc upped my TRT gel to equivelent to 2 packs of Androgel ....10 grams.

Did I not wait long enough to do BW after giving blood or do you think that my body may not be absorbing the gel anymore???

I feel fine BTW, libido is fair and Jr. seems to work ok. Not making much for gains in the gym but intensity and energy levels good. Not losing or gaining weight.

Doc called for more BW in 2 weeks and agreed to add estradiol.

Thanks for any input or advice. Kind of worried because these numbers are lower than before I started TRT.
    The half life of the cream is very short, I think measured in hours so I doubt the donation affected it. The same thing happened to me, I was on a compounded cream and after a while it just lost it's effectiveness.

Also my assumption. If the next round of bw turns out the same we will discuss the shots but it will take some convincing to let me do them weekly and on my own.

Thanks for your response Toad!

The Toad is offline Associate Member
    Your welcome... Good luck!

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
    The half life of the cream is very short, I think measured in hours so I doubt the donation affected it. The same thing happened to me, I was on a compounded cream and after a while it just lost it's effectiveness.
    I thought that EVERY Doc who prescribes gel does so because of the steady levels it provides - NOT. Talk him into injections and be done with it.

Congrats on the hemo/hema levels. I too find that donating every six weeks keeps mine under control although by week six I can tell it is time again. One of the side effects of t is the increase of new red blood cells it causes.

pyramid is offline Junior Member
    what kind of symptoms do you have when these levals become high?

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The usual High BP symptoms - Flushed all the time, feel like shiat, slight headache, heart pounds pretty hard - especially notice it in bed at night - now this doesn't happen that bad every six weeks - but if I go 8 or 10 it does. I can just start to feel these things about week 5 or 6 after donating.

Hope that helps

Edit - also not that I drink beer or anything, but if I did, it would exaggerate all of the above after only one or two...........I am guessing though

Thread Information