Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100

First Pin - HOLY CRAP!

Naw, I am just kidding. I was easy.

I took a shower, then did everything by the book. It took a while because I was going slowly and triple-checking my list along the way. It took thirty seconds of needle hovering to work up the courage...but mostly it was because I didn't know how hard to jab. Then, I inserted and was stunned that there was no pain. I aspirated, then slowly pushed the plunger. I removed, pressed and then massaged. Done. I stood there for a little bit amazed that what I had gone over in my head for an hour took only a couple of minutes total, and just a few seconds for the scary part.

1ml of 200mg Test Cyp. 22g pin. Pharmacy was out of 23g.

Now I need to see if I can do it as well with my left had in the other cheek next time.

Rag1ngBull is offline Banned
    you should write a novel about it

I don't understand your sarcasm. I was only sharing because I keep reading threads by people that are stressed by the thought of their first injection.
    Last edited by JohnnyVegas; 12-12-2010 at 05:55 PM.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    years ago, I was in the military and doing some NBC training, and learning about injecting atropine (antidote for nerve gas). slap the leg, bang the stick into your thigh, and keep marching.

were we supposed to sterilize first? (j/k)

the only one that bothers me a little is the pneumatics, aka "needle-less" injections utilizing a pneumatic injector with 1200 psi forcing the serum into your body. that one can feel like a charlie horse, and can significantly cut you if not done properly.

VegasRenegade is offline Finishing Member ~ Transformation Contest!
    Blog Entries
    Got to agree it was easier than I thought. Did left side for the first time today was pretty easy as well. Most of the problem for me is getting the gear out of the vial.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    Am i the only person that has a sort of sick obsession with watching the needle go into my skin?? i get a kick out of it.. good thing i don't do drugs, because i would probably do them just to watch it happen.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    Am i the only person that has a sort of sick obsession with watching the needle go into my skin?? i get a kick out of it.. good thing i don't do drugs, because i would probably do them just to watch it happen.
    youre not the only one...still seems like a deed...lol...

sorry vegas, i lol'd a bit when bro called u out just cuz i was just thinking as well, why the shower info...lol

kudos though on the first...will be down to seconds in no time and you left right hand cheek aint gonna make much a diff...but yeh good to rotate....i still only do glutes and been jabbin for over 4 years

Ha! I only mentioned the shower because I was psycho about cleanliness. I read several threads that said shower, wash hands, etc. I was afraid of germs. I even disinfected the countertop first. What can I say, I was worried.

I didn't mean for it to seem like overshare.

Renegade, did you inject air into the bottle to create pressure? I did that and didn't have any probs with pulling.

Roman, I suppose an infection is preferable to nerve gas!

Machine, I don't like watching the needle go in, but I do enjoy the slightly illicit feel of injecting in general.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Renegade, did you inject air into the bottle to create pressure? I did that and didn't have any probs with pulling.

Yea but both times I only got about half and to punch it throught the vail twice so getting use to a dull needlee

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    lol...disinfected the counter...that's awesome...youre old lady might convince u to pin in the kitchen next time then the dining room.....
    Yeah, my side of the bathroom is spotless now. Tonight I expect a joke about pinning on her side of the bathroom next time.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRenegade View Post
    Yea but both times I only got about half and to punch it throught the vail twice so getting use to a dull needlee
    Are you pulling with a larger needle? I pull with an 18, then inject with a 22 (they were out of 23s). Make sure you have extra needles so you can switch and inject with a fresh one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post

Are you pulling with a larger needle? I pull with an 18, then inject with a 22 (they were out of 23s). Make sure you have extra needles so you can switch and inject with a fresh one.
    no I a use the same needle to pull and pin 22 I don't have much pain but does using a shorter needle make it easier to pull?

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRenegade View Post
    no I a use the same needle to pull and pin 22 I don't have much pain but does using a shorter needle make it easier to pull?
    No, a bigger (thicker) needle makes it easier. I use an 18 to pull, and once I push the air into the bottle the test practically pushes itself into the syringe. Super easy. Just get some 18g needles for the pull, then put the unused 22 back on to inject.

lol...disinfected the counter...that's awesome...youre old lady might convince u to pin in the kitchen next time then the dining room.....

SlimJoe is offline Banned
    I was the same in the end u think WTF! Lol good luck

Rag1ngBull is offline Banned
    I was just kidding man, no offense.. it's a simple thing, though I remember my first injection in the glutes I was pretty nervous, not to mention the one into the delts - i was literally standing in front of the mirror for about 20-30 minutes until I poke my delt
    MACHINE5150 you are not the only one, but you didnt hear it from me

Quote Originally Posted by Rag1ngBull View Post
    I was just kidding man, no offense.. it's a simple thing, though I remember my first injection in the glutes I was pretty nervous, not to mention the one into the delts - i was literally standing in front of the mirror for about 20-30 minutes until I poke my delt
    MACHINE5150 you are not the only one, but you didnt hear it from me
    Ha! Don't worry about it. I was all amped up when I wrote my original post, and it wasn't until I read jpkman's post that I realized maybe it sounded...strange. I wanted to write something that someone else would read and think "man, that doesn't seem so bad, I have nothing to worry about." The fear was huge, but the pain was non-existant...just got to get over the fear.

Blog Entries
    Thanks will give it a try

subnet is offline Associate Member
    18g to pull and 25g to inject into the quad - takes just a few minutes, including time to warm the Test in hot/warm water to thin it out. I remember the first few times, and how careful I was; now it's just clean top, warm bottle, swap 18g in, pull medicine into syringe, swap 25g needle, clean skin, jab quickly, aspirate , inject, then press thumb for 10 or so seconds... piece of cake!

I do quads because I find it a lot easier than reaching around for glutes, where I can do my right side no problem but left is an issue. I find aspirating hard with the glutes, but with the quads I can use both hands!

Quote Originally Posted by subnet View Post
    18g to pull and 25g to inject into the quad - takes just a few minutes, including time to warm the Test in hot/warm water to thin it out. I remember the first few times, and how careful I was; now it's just clean top, warm bottle, swap 18g in, pull medicine into syringe, swap 25g needle, clean skin, jab quickly, aspirate , inject, then press thumb for 10 or so seconds... piece of cake!

I do quads because I find it a lot easier than reaching around for glutes, where I can do my right side no problem but left is an issue. I find aspirating hard with the glutes, but with the quads I can use both hands!
    good idea...positive reinforcement

streeter is offline Associate Member
    I was exactly the same way my first injection. I thought I was the only one. The last two I did was in the deltoids with .25 pin. I don't even feel it go in. And oh yea I thought I was the only one mesmerized by watching the needle go in...glad I'm not the only one LOL

Despite having zero problem sticking my glutes, I think the fear would come back if I had to pin another body part.

streeter is offline Associate Member
    I thought the exact same thing but after holding the pin for a good 45 seconds once I did it I was shocked I felt nothing ..nadda..granted it was a .25 pin 1 inch so it took a bit to push it in went slowly but no pain at all. I am hooked on the delts now. I will say the first time in the delt was just test cyp and I had no soreness the second I added B12 so more fluid to push in the delt and although there was no pain there was a slight soreness for about 24 hours afterwards.

Thread Information