Triple Stack is offline Associate Member

Cruise on Androgel?

It appears I am in the TRT club as of today. I went & got my bloodwork a month after PCT, and the test levels were dismal (95 out of a normal range of 296-827). So my doc prescribed me a subligual test pill BUT my insurance would only cover Androgel lotion. BTW I'm 42 years old.

I'm still wondering if I should just wait & see if my test levels improve, since the bloodwork was pulled so close after my cycle. But I'm also wondering if I do go with the TRT, can I actually cruise between cycles using the Androgel? I heard it's the worst hormone replacement choice.

My doc is giving me a 3 month trial run & then more bloodwork to see where I'm at. If not good, then it's off to the injectibles!

Sidenote: Aetna wouldn't authroize the sublingual pill (dissolves in the mouth - forgot the name) - they SUCK! My doc said he'll appeal it. He's a great guy
    Last edited by Triple Stack; 11-23-2010 at 05:10 PM.

ottomaddox is offline "Better Safe Than Sorry"
    Gels, Patches and creams are a hassle, and I'm speaking from experience. Once I switched to injectables all of my problems were gone. I was using Androderm, which is the same as the gel. My levels were all over the place. I was on 3 patches a day and had blood work and pulled an 87ng/dl. Honestly it would be easier if you switched to injections.

You confirmed what I've been hearing...that levels are all over the place. I'm putting a call back in to the doc tomorrow anyway because my wife told me to keep away from her. She won't touch me with that shit on for fear of growing a beard HAHAHA!

And I'm going to tell the doc exactly that.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    ^^^ good idea...the gel can effect her with contact so this is a great plan! smart wife.

I have little kids too so I don't want them screwed up either!

I just came back from the pharmacy; they let me return the Androgel . They agreed I had a valid point about "contaminating" my family.

I'll be telling the doc tomorrow the same thing & that I returned it and am refusing any of that treatment. That I'll need another option like injecting or I'm going to the endo or worst case the black market! Wait, I'm already there LOL

Okay, I got my way and was prescribed test cypionate . I picked up my first vial last Wednesday and my wife had the honors of the first boot. She was trying to be an expert but I kept correcting her on the "proper injection protocol" LOL. After she screwed up loading the first needle I took over. She laughed and said what a degenerate I am HA HA!

Anyway my script is for 200mg every three weeks...WTF? Could I take 200mg every week and taper down to the recommended dosage before my follow-up in March? Better yet, run a cycle then taper down?

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    of course you can...if you have yourself tapered down approximately 3 weeks before your bloodwork you'll be fine on numbers/paper...
    as i told u in the other thread...that 200mg e3w is a very low dose and shouldnt be taken that infrequently...in 4 years i havent had to change it because i can fill monthly but if possible(conservative doctor) try to get it dosed at where youre actually want to be in case one day the pharmacies crack down and say only give you just enough to fill that dose...

about your cycle ideas...didnt u just run one? how did it go? where r your stats now? goals?

I ran Tren ace / Test prop 8 weeks 100mg each EOD (ended last week of July). Good results, got really strong and dropped some bf...

stats:

age 42
    height: 6'1"
    weight: 216
    bf: back up to 18% (new job & was eating out with the group every day...now back to better diet)
    cycle experience: many, over 10

Planned Cycle: 500mg Deca / 750 mg test (e or c), kick start 100mg abombs/day; .5 adex daily

I'm no expert even though I have had many cycles...did most of them in my 20's with no PCT. Probably why I am on TRT nowadays. Only recently since starting back on the juice 2-3 yrs ago did I find this board & started learning things. So critiques are highly encouraged.

sirupate is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple Stack View Post
    I have little kids too so I don't want them screwed up either!

I just came back from the pharmacy; they let me return the Androgel . They agreed I had a valid point about "contaminating" my family.

I'll be telling the doc tomorrow the same thing & that I returned it and am refusing any of that treatment. That I'll need another option like injecting or I'm going to the endo or worst case the black market! Wait, I'm already there LOL
    I believe the contamination threat is sort of overblown. Been on the gel for a year and have noticed no problem in my wife, nor has she. Still, you'd probably be happier with an injectible and it is less expensive as well. The gel is convenient for first time TRT and in small doses. When you get up to 10gms. daily, it is a huge amount of the stuff to be putting on your body.

sirp

Quote Originally Posted by sirupate View Post
    I believe the contamination threat is sort of overblown. Been on the gel for a year and have noticed no problem in my wife, nor has she. Still, you'd probably be happier with an injectible and it is less expensive as well. The gel is convenient for first time TRT and in small doses. When you get up to 10gms. daily, it is a huge amount of the stuff to be putting on your body.

sirp
    i agree but its still a hassel

I ran Tren ace / Test prop 8 weeks 100mg each EOD (ended last week of July). Good results, got really strong and dropped some bf...

stats:

age 42
    height: 6'1"
    weight: 216
    bf: back up to 18% (new job & was eating out with the group every day...now back to better diet)
    cycle experience: many, over 10

Planned Cycle: 500mg Deca / 750 mg test (e or c), kick start 100mg abombs/day; .5 adex daily

I'm no expert even though I have had many cycles...did most of them in my 20's with no PCT. Probably why I am on TRT nowadays. Only recently since starting back on the juice 2-3 yrs ago did I find this board & started learning things. So critiques are highly encouraged.
    u dont mess around on your cycles...lol

That's probably why I'm in the TRT forum!!!

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Bwahaahaaaa!

well at least probably why you need trt...

now thats....Bwahaahaaaa!

Exactly!

Thread Information