grumpee is offline Associate Member

Blood work question

Iam on TRT and been blast about 1-2 times a year. Iam getting ready to blast again since its been almost 3 months since my last cycle ended.

I'm getting full blood work tomorrow to make sure everything is fine before I hit it hard. My question is do I have to fast for this blood work ? I know for blood sugar test I had to but not sure about this.

big_ron is offline Anabolic Member
    I believe its like 10- 12 hours of fasting, and best to have the test done early morning. but it all depends on what you are being tested for, your doctor should tell you if u need to fast

She never told me to fast . I requested blood work threw her so my insurance will pay for it. I'am asking because I have been cutting and wake up starving and have a tendency to get very mean when I dont eat as soon as I wake up, lol

Iam being checked for

Comprehensive metabolic profile

lipid profile

total test
    free tes
    shbg
    dht
    estraiol
    psa
    fsh
    lh
    igf-1
    tsh
    free t3
    ua
    Last edited by grumpee; 03-23-2011 at 11:28 PM.

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My 2nd bloodwork was like your tests listed above. The lab told me to fast 12 hours. I scheduled my appt at 8 am, when they first opened.

BJJ
    BJJ is offline Sapiens Fingit Fortunam Sibi
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpee View Post
    She never told me to fast . I requested blood work threw her so my insurance will pay for it. I'am asking because I have been cutting and wake up starving and have a tendency to get very mean when I dont eat as soon as I wake up, lol

Iam being checked for

Comprehensive metabolic profile

lipid profile

total test
    free tes
    shbg
    dht
    estraiol
    psa
    fsh
    lh
    igf-1
    tsh
    free t3
    ua
    I would change doctor.

Yes you need to fast 8/10 hours before your blood work and if testing liver values as well as hormonal values you need to rest 48 hours before.

sirupate is offline Member
    Definately need to fast if you are testing for lipids. Otherwise, no. Maybe she just forgot to mention it. Also didn't know that resting 48 hours before testing for liver function was necessary...and might explain some of my higher readings in the past. I assume that the heavy lifting/exercise destroys muscle tissue sending liver values higher than they would otherwise be...

Jeff

Cool, Good thing I walked out of there this morning after waiting a hour . I will stay out of the gym for 48 hours when I go next week. Dont know how you guys can go 10-12 hours without eating. I wanted to start chewing on the chair while waiting this morning

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpee View Post
    Cool, Good thing I walked out of there this morning after waiting a hour . I will stay out of the gym for 48 hours when I go next week. Dont know how you guys can go 10-12 hours without eating. I wanted to start chewing on the chair while waiting this morning
    I sleep (8 hours), get a shower and dress in the morning (30 mins), drive to lab (30 mins), wait for the century old nurse to find a needle and vials (2 hours). Before first blood has been drawn it has been 11 hours.

Thread Information