What will lower shbg

what compunds will lower shbg? i think thats another problem thats binding up my test,any ideas?

sirupate is offline Member
    The only idea I have is Nettle capsules. I think one of the stickys above suggest its use to combat SHBG. I hope others have some ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by sirupate View Post
    The only idea I have is Nettle capsules. I think one of the stickys above suggest its use to combat SHBG. I hope others have some ideas.
    thanks man,what is nettles,is it a natural supplement? and yes i hope we can have some more input

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseye Forever View Post
    thanks man,what is nettles,is it a natural supplement? and yes i hope we can have some more input
    Yeah...Nettle plant leaves in capsules, I think. I've been getting mine from Nutrition Express, but I am sure it is available from other sources. Not too expensive. Does it work? Dunno. My SHGB has never been measured, but my free-t is low relative to my high normal T, so I have some issues with aromitization or SHGB. I take 2 capsules twice a day.

I cut/pasted from the sticky about this:

(2) Take 320 mg a day of the super-critical extract of saw palmetto and 240 mg a day of the methanolic extract of nettle (Urtica dioica). Nettle may specifically inhibit SHGB, (42-44,251-252) while saw palmetto may block the effects of excess estrogen by blocking the nuclear estrogen receptor sites in prostate cells which in turn activate the cell stimulating effects of testosterone and dihydrotestosterone. Saw palmetto also has an effect of blocking the oxidation of testosterone to androstenedione, a potent androgen that has been implicated in the development of prostate disease. (253)

I need to look up "methanolic extract" to see what that means....

Edit...it appears that the method of extraction is important and we are talking about the root rather than the leaves. Whatever I am taking probably isn't doing "squat". There also do not appear to be many sources for this stuff and it would run about $20/mo. to take it. Crap. Oh well, learned something today...
    Last edited by sirupate; 04-21-2011 at 07:50 AM. Reason: add.info.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by sirupate View Post
    Yeah...Nettle plant leaves in capsules, I think. I've been getting mine from Nutrition Express, but I am sure it is available from other sources. Not too expensive. Does it work? Dunno. My SHGB has never been measured, but my free-t is low relative to my high normal T, so I have some issues with aromitization or SHGB. I take 2 capsules twice a day.
    have you retested your freeT since taking the nettle capsules and/or notice anything symptom wise?

Termin8r27 is offline Junior Member
    Solid advice so far for a couple natural routes.

Also keep in mind that Winstrol is pretty potent at reducing SHBG and rather quickly as well. Many AA Clinics use it as a quick method to bring down SHBG. Also raising your testosterone dosage for a short burst should also reduce SHBG as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    have you retested your freeT since taking the nettle capsules and/or notice anything symptom wise?
    My free T was lowish in the range (bottom quartile) with total T high, just outside of the range. This was after taking the nettle caps, but with no AI being taken. I'd like to get free T higher in the range. May need to stay on a low dose of AI. No, I don't have an E2 measure. I'm now on weekly injections at half the dose of the previous biweekly injection which was the basis for the T measurements. That change may make some difference to help free T....I hope.

Vettester is offline Banned
    As Termin8r27 stated, Winstrol is known for it, along with Proviron as another option.

Stinging Nettle can help as noted here but beware that it can also affect the conversion of Test to DHT...and you need DHT for a lot of things especially for libidio!

Good stuff here BF: http://askville.amazon.com/reduce-SH...estId=35823987
    Last edited by steroid.com 1; 04-21-2011 at 09:34 AM.

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vetteman08 View Post
    As Termin8r27 stated, Winstrol is known for it, along with Proviron as another option.
    great advise, and proviron imo, is the better way to go.

also, I took unleashed when mine was high and it worked very well.

Thread Information