Results 1 to 24 of 24

Thread: Motivation Help

  1. #1
    biggymrat's Avatar
    biggymrat is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lehi, Utah
    Posts
    104

    Motivation Help

    I hope I am posting this in the right place.

    I have been on TRT for almost three weeks. I have had days where I feel really good and days where I don't feel much different.

    The one major problem I am having right now is I can't seem to find motivation to stay on a diet. Before I started TRT I was able to change my body from 195 lbs 28% bf to 150lbs 11% bf. It took me nearly two years to acheive those results! Now, I feel like I just don't give a damn about dieting. I still hit the gym 3-5 days a week.

    I'm wondering if the TRT is causing any of this or if I'm just burt out from my lack of results in the past.

    Any motivation is openly accepted. I really need a kick start.

  2. #2
    zaggahamma's Avatar
    zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    19,495
    the best way for me was not to try to change my diet overnight into a body building or cutting style diet of egg whites and chicken breast, etc.

    i figured i would be more successful if i made a plan that would be easy to stick to. I fortunately LOVE oatmeal so I have that going for me...i preach to lose the weight slowly so just eat as healthy as you can and slowly improve and only put yourself in a 500 calorie a day deficit so you wont go hungry yet still lose a pound a week...and this is all approximate...you may find yourslef burning a lil more than u thought and may lose a couple pounds here and there extra but its a positive snowball effect (reversing the snowball) instead of the snowball of gaining...

    hope this helps

  3. #3
    JohnnyVegas's Avatar
    JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    The Desert
    Posts
    5,963
    How often do you inject, and what is your dose? If the doc has you injecting further out than once a week, you would be in for a hormonal roller coaster ride. I inject twice a week, but I don't know for certain if it is better than once a week. I don't mind needles, so better safe than sorry.

    I am sure you are on a long ester, so you shouldn't be feeling too much yet. Libido was a good tracer for me. I felt an increase after three weeks, and maxed out around week four or five. Give it a little time for your levels to come up.

  4. #4
    biggymrat's Avatar
    biggymrat is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lehi, Utah
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    How often do you inject, and what is your dose? If the doc has you injecting further out than once a week, you would be in for a hormonal roller coaster ride. I inject twice a week, but I don't know for certain if it is better than once a week. I don't mind needles, so better safe than sorry.

    I am sure you are on a long ester, so you shouldn't be feeling too much yet. Libido was a good tracer for me. I felt an increase after three weeks, and maxed out around week four or five. Give it a little time for your levels to come up.
    I'm actually on the cream and I take 100mg a day.
    Shouldn't I be more consistant with the cream since I do it every day at the same dose?

  5. #5
    GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    USA, In the Tundra
    Posts
    1,055
    cream does not store in the body and release, so yes you must do it every day and consistently.

  6. #6
    the_rebirth's Avatar
    the_rebirth is offline Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    773
    Your desire to change MUST be greater then your desire to stay the same. Your motivation will come from your own self. Try to surround yourself with photos of what you want for your goals. Also take it 1 day at a time. Every day will NOT be perfect, but that is OK because the best part of a bad or messed up day is you can goto sleep and start a NEW AWESOME day when you get up. Do not be discouraged and do not give up because before you know it 6 months will have gone by and you will NOT look the same!! You must find it in yourself to keep going. So think less about it, and just do it and like I said 6months will pass and BAM a new you! The anxiety of starting out is horrible, and makes the mind impatient, but that will pass, trust me. Been there done that.

  7. #7
    arizona32's Avatar
    arizona32 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    the best way for me was not to try to change my diet overnight into a body building or cutting style diet of egg whites and chicken breast, etc.

    i figured i would be more successful if i made a plan that would be easy to stick to. I fortunately LOVE oatmeal so I have that going for me...i preach to lose the weight slowly so just eat as healthy as you can and slowly improve and only put yourself in a 500 calorie a day deficit so you wont go hungry yet still lose a pound a week...and this is all approximate...you may find yourslef burning a lil more than u thought and may lose a couple pounds here and there extra but its a positive snowball effect (reversing the snowball) instead of the snowball of gaining...

    hope this helps
    I agree completely. You have to look at it as a lifestyle change and choose a path that is sustainable and somewhat enjoyable or at least tolerable. Maybe make a 12 week commitment to a moderate diet. As you gain more success and confidence your rewards will outweigh the sacrifice and you can start to tighten up the diet a bit. Not many people succeed going extreme. Remember that any changes you make if done consistently and longterm will put you in a better place than where you are right now. Don't stress about having the perfect diet or workout program. Just pick one you like and stick to it. CONSISTENCY...that's what will lead to success.

  8. #8
    flatscat's Avatar
    flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,610
    you need to get your blood work done. it is entirely possible that you are now lower than you were before you started using the cream. thus - you felling like crap - just a guess. Did you ever feel different after you started three weeks ago?

  9. #9
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,356
    Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    you need to get your blood work done. it is entirely possible that you are now lower than you were before you started using the cream. thus - you felling like crap - just a guess. Did you ever feel different after you started three weeks ago?
    i was thinking the same thing! creams could be the problem, besides three weeks is too early to notice anything!

    OP, try to get injectable test in stead of creams!

  10. #10
    38jumper38's Avatar
    38jumper38 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Fl
    Posts
    1,778
    I agreed with Bass, I never had cream, but i'm on trt with injections, first injections was difficult, but after the second, peace a cake, also I'm on b12, helps a lot, I feel the difference, when I forget my b12 shot, helps speed the metabolism, I can eat all the time. and I did not see any difference to the 4 week.

  11. #11
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,448
    #1 it's only been 3 weeks. Give your body time to adjust to the new hormones. It may take a couple of months.
    #2 agreed, dont try to make big/quick changes. That causes most people to fail because it seem to hard.
    #3 as said, get your blood checked and make sure your test levels and estrogen are where they should be.

  12. #12
    sirupate is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    791
    Quote Originally Posted by biggymrat View Post
    I'm actually on the cream and I take 100mg a day.
    Shouldn't I be more consistant with the cream since I do it every day at the same dose?
    Yes, being on the cream, if it works for you, will give you more consistant blood levels of testosterone . Give it more time. I think a lot of docs do bloodwork about 6 weeks out from the first dose to see the effect. I don't think too many guys do the cream though. Most here favor injecting every week.

  13. #13
    biggymrat's Avatar
    biggymrat is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lehi, Utah
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by flatscat View Post
    you need to get your blood work done. it is entirely possible that you are now lower than you were before you started using the cream. thus - you felling like crap - just a guess. Did you ever feel different after you started three weeks ago?
    Some days. But, I really felt more normal.

  14. #14
    biggymrat's Avatar
    biggymrat is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lehi, Utah
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by sirupate View Post
    Yes, being on the cream, if it works for you, will give you more consistant blood levels of testosterone. Give it more time. I think a lot of docs do bloodwork about 6 weeks out from the first dose to see the effect. I don't think too many guys do the cream though. Most here favor injecting every week.
    My doc doesn't want to test my blood for 3 months! I think that is way too long for my first run on TRT. I'm probably going to insist that I get it checked out sooner.

  15. #15
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,356
    Quote Originally Posted by biggymrat View Post
    My doc doesn't want to test my blood for 3 months! I think that is way too long for my first run on TRT. I'm probably going to insist that I get it checked out sooner.
    i agree, my clinic suggested to do blood work on week 8! 12 weeks is too long especially for the fist one after TRT! i believe blood work should be done every 6 weeks until everything is dialed in!

  16. #16
    zaggahamma's Avatar
    zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    19,495
    Quote Originally Posted by bass View Post
    i agree, my clinic suggested to do blood work on week 8! 12 weeks is too long especially for the fist one after TRT! i believe blood work should be done every 6 weeks until everything is dialed in!
    mine told me to test around a couple months as well and i think i went in 2 weeks...who the fvck do these people think their playing with....guinea pigs?

  17. #17
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,356
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    mine told me to test around a couple months as well and i think i went in 2 weeks...who the fvck do these people think their playing with....guinea pigs?
    guinea pigs of course, what did you think?!

  18. #18
    zaggahamma's Avatar
    zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    19,495
    i fired several fvcking endos that were worthless pos's i hope they all suffer i have zero sympathy for ppl who take the hypocratic oath and dont follow through...they all are human and are susceptible to the same disease as those they treat

  19. #19
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,356
    hey JP, did you increase your dose today bro? LOL JK!!! i hear you bro, i fired my endo as well!

  20. #20
    zaggahamma's Avatar
    zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    19,495
    Quote Originally Posted by bass View Post
    hey JP, did you increase your dose today bro? LOL JK!!! i hear you bro, i fired my endo as well!
    no i dont have and AI atm so dont wanna get all puffed up .....when i get my AI i might take another run at 300...lol....maybe i'll start benching your numbers...got 275 on the decline for 3 so gettin there....so small time numbers it aint funny

  21. #21
    biggymrat's Avatar
    biggymrat is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lehi, Utah
    Posts
    104
    I went and got my lab results back. I posted them in a new thread here:
    http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...bout-5-6-weeks

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    597
    If you're still struggling with keeping your diet in check, I too experienced an appetite increase when I began TRT, but eventually lost 60 lbs. with the help of a free app for my iphone called "Lose It!". [They have a web based version too so you don't have to have an iphone.] It's freakin awesome. You put in your current weight, height, age, etc. what you *want* to weigh and how much you want to loose each week and it tells you exactly how many calories you can consume daily and even when you will reach your goal. It even takes into consideration your exercise and other physical activities. It makes it *way* easier to stay on target because it has a log you use to keep track of everything you eat, with caloric information. What's nice is over time, you become more aware of the wasted calories pushing you beyond your limit and you quickly learn what you can used to substitute that's still satisfying and yet less calories. It's all commons sense, just much easier to follow. I highly recommend it.

    If you already have your diet and exercise dialed in, and you're *still* not getting results, then it's time to check your thyroid. Low T and Hypothyroidism often go hand in hand. Lots of us here are dealing with it. Getting your T up is only half the battle if you're thyroid is not functioning properly. Along with using the app, getting my thyroid dialed was the other key point to my weight loss and getting my energy back. Prior to that, even proper diet and exercise didn't work, which was a *serious* drag. Thank God for HRT.
    Last edited by forrest_and_trees; 05-25-2011 at 04:12 PM.

  23. #23
    biggymrat's Avatar
    biggymrat is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lehi, Utah
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest_and_trees View Post
    If you're still struggling with keeping your diet in check, I too experienced an appetite increase when I began TRT, but eventually lost 60 lbs. with the help of a free app for my iphone called "Lose It!". [They have a web based version too so you don't have to have an iphone.] It's freakin awesome. You put in your current weight, height, age, etc. what you *want* to weigh and how much you want to loose each week and it tells you exactly how many calories you can consume daily and even when you will reach your goal. It even takes into consideration your exercise and other physical activities. It makes it *way* easier to stay on target because it has a log you use to keep track of everything you eat, with caloric information. What's nice is over time, you become more aware of the wasted calories pushing you beyond your limit and you quickly learn what you can used to substitute that's still satisfying and yet less calories. It's all commons sense, just much easier to follow. I highly recommend it.

    If you already have your diet and exercise dialed in, and you're *still* not getting results, then it's time to check your thyroid. Low T and Hypothyroidism often go hand in hand. Lots of us here are dealing with it. Getting your T up is only half the battle if you're thyroid is not functioning properly. Along with using the app, getting my thyroid dialed was the other key point to my weight loss and getting my energy back. Prior to that, even proper diet and exercise didn't work, which was a *serious* drag. Thank God for HRT.
    Yeah, I have a thyroid problem too. I am getting it close to being under control.

    My motivation right now is pretty high! I have my diet in check and have seen a consistent 1-2 lbs a week loss.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    597
    Awesome! That's exactly how I did it, 1-2 lbs. a week. It may not sound like much, but it adds up in no time. Congratz and keep up the excellent effort! We're here for ya.

    F/T

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •