NOSUPERMODEL is offline Member

I screwed up bad this weekend

Okay so we went down to float the Guadalupe River this weekend. I think I set world records for alcohol consumption. Now my legs are all swollen. Swollen so bad that I can barely get my boots on. I believe I over taxed my liver this weekend. From Thursday at about noon until about 9:00 last night I had only one coke and NO WATER!!!!

Now I have got myself on Milk Thistle and tons of water. Anybody else no how to help the liver out to get rid of this swelling and pain!!!

Lesson learned for sure on this one. Headed to the doctor to get checked out this afternoon.

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    time and water are really your only friend right now

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You need to get the circulation going in the lower legs. Walking is great. Prop the legs up when not verticle and let gravity help move the fluids out of your legs.

Massage is great too if you have someone to massage in the direction of feet to heart.

Thank you for the responses. Feeling a little better, but the swelling has not went down a lot. Hopefully it will be better in a few days.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    hope it gets better bro keep us posted after doc

Bigfoot66 is offline Junior Member
    Maybe a diuretic? Hate to say it but u better keep your boots on because when they come off your feet will really swell. Keep them elevated.

sirupate is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NOSUPERMODEL View Post
    Okay so we went down to float the Guadalupe River this weekend. I think I set world records for alcohol consumption. Now my legs are all swollen. Swollen so bad that I can barely get my boots on. I believe I over taxed my liver this weekend. From Thursday at about noon until about 9:00 last night I had only one coke and NO WATER!!!!

Now I have got myself on Milk Thistle and tons of water. Anybody else no how to help the liver out to get rid of this swelling and pain!!!

Lesson learned for sure on this one. Headed to the doctor to get checked out this afternoon.
    Don't beat yourself up over this. We all make mistakes from time to time. Memorial Day weekend and good weather....I hit it pretty hard too and felt like crap yesterday. No swelling though. I hope all is better for you by now. Sometimes it takes several days to recover from a weekend "bender". I've heard good things about the herbal supplement Liv52 for liver help. You might want to check that out for the future.

Okay well the doctor did give me some antibiotics for my leg. Forgot to tell you that I slid down a retaining wall and my leg looks like I have road rash.

He didn't say anything about my liver even when I did tell him I take a lot of supplements and I drank a lot.

I am doing the Milk Thistle and drinking extra water. Kept elevated last night and the seem to have gone down some. I am not taking any of my supplements right now because I don't want anything that is not an absolute necessary stressing my liver.

Bad thing is my dumb*** did this about a year a go at a party when I did a cycle of PH's. Did a liver detox and it was better in a couple of days. I guess I am just hard headed and don't learn. But this time its different. I have never had swelling like this before.

I will keep you all updated. Also staying out of the gym until next Monday. My body needed the rest anyway, but I don't want to go in there if I am not 100% and make body do any work other than get me healthy.

Lesson here....if you are going to go on a 5 day bender....drink some water!!!!

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    The root of this problem is that the guadalupe river does not have enough water flow right now and you got bored floating and not moving... there, i gave you an excuse...lol

too freaking dry down here....

There was definately not enough water to float the Guadalupe. We even went to Lake Travis and it was like 25 foot low. Actually got stuck on a sand barge on the way back to the dock.

Thread Information