Results 1 to 23 of 23
  1. #1
    biggymrat's Avatar
    biggymrat is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lehi, Utah
    Posts
    104

    Nipples Larger Than Normal

    So I've been on TRT for about 8 weeks now with no AI protocol.

    Last night one of my boys saw me with my shirt off and said that my nipples looked big! I hadn't noticed myself so I went and looked in the mirror and sure enough they were both about the size of a quarter!

    This morning they looked normal again about the size of a dime. I guess I should talk to my doc about an AI, right?

  2. #2
    APIs's Avatar
    APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Avoiding newbies @ gym...
    Posts
    1,322
    Yes & some BW pronto! Need yr E2 checked. How much Test are you on & frequency?

  3. #3
    biggymrat's Avatar
    biggymrat is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lehi, Utah
    Posts
    104
    I'm on 100mg/week. About 2 weeks ago I switched from cream to injections. I ran BW about 2 weeks ago as well and my E2 was normal.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    597
    Quote Originally Posted by APIs View Post
    Yes & some BW pronto! Need yr E2 checked. How much Test are you on & frequency?
    +1

    If you're nipples are getting bigger.. then yes.. time for an AI but get your BW updated, even if it was OK 2 weeks ago.

  5. #5
    APIs's Avatar
    APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Avoiding newbies @ gym...
    Posts
    1,322
    Doubt anything would manifest in only 2 weeks, but everyone is different. Plus some people on 100 mgs dont take AIs at that dose, no need. Unless you respond differently. You'll need to monitor your BW & see what the figures are...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    South Fla
    Posts
    4,724
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest_and_trees View Post
    +1

    If you're nipples are getting bigger.. then yes.. time for an AI but get your BW updated, even if it was OK 2 weeks ago.
    Agreed. Rule of thumb coming out of the gate using an AI; 1 mg AI per 100 mg of T. This really seems to be the benchmark for your next BW. Larger more sensitive nipples just don't happen on thier own unless you're a 13 year old girl;-)

  7. #7
    zaggahamma's Avatar
    zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    19,495
    biggy when are you going in for bloodwork to confirm and have you felt behind the nips for hardening area(s)

  8. #8
    bass's Avatar
    bass is offline HRT Specialist ~ Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In Southern Commiefornia
    Posts
    9,356
    size of a dime is normal! are you talking about the Areola or the nipple itself?

  9. #9
    DragonRider is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by biggymrat View Post
    So I've been on TRT for about 8 weeks now with no AI protocol.

    Last night one of my boys saw me with my shirt off and said that my nipples looked big! I hadn't noticed myself so I went and looked in the mirror and sure enough they were both about the size of a quarter!

    This morning they looked normal again about the size of a dime. I guess I should talk to my doc about an AI, right?
    No. You should never treat a condition on suspicion. Get a "sensitive estrogen" test from LabCorp. It costs $68. If you lower your estrogen too much you can develop some problems with ED and anorgasmia that will not go away until estrogen levels have returned to normal.

  10. #10
    DragonRider is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by APIs View Post
    Doubt anything would manifest in only 2 weeks, but everyone is different. Plus some people on 100 mgs dont take AIs at that dose, no need. Unless you respond differently. You'll need to monitor your BW & see what the figures are...
    Thanks for this post. Some of the members here seem to believe an AI is essential if you are on TRT.

  11. #11
    biggymrat's Avatar
    biggymrat is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lehi, Utah
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    biggy when are you going in for bloodwork to confirm and have you felt behind the nips for hardening area(s)
    I'm supposed to go in for bloodwork in 4 more weeks. I don't feel anything hard behind my nipples.

  12. #12
    biggymrat's Avatar
    biggymrat is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lehi, Utah
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by bass View Post
    size of a dime is normal! are you talking about the Areola or the nipple itself?
    I must be talking about my areola.

  13. #13
    Bigd89's Avatar
    Bigd89 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,053
    Quote Originally Posted by biggymrat View Post
    I must be talking about my areola.
    Yea, my are larger than a quater, have been for years, just left it alone.

  14. #14
    DragonRider is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by biggymrat View Post
    I'm supposed to go in for bloodwork in 4 more weeks. I don't feel anything hard behind my nipples.
    Many doctors will tell you that a male doesn't need to check estrogen levels and refuse to run the test. Some doctors will test it, but will only run the general estrogen test. That's fine for a female who might have cancer, but useless for a male. You need the sensitive assay. I hope your doctor gives you whatever you need, but if he doesn't there are options.

  15. #15
    APIs's Avatar
    APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Avoiding newbies @ gym...
    Posts
    1,322
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonRider View Post
    Thanks for this post. Some of the members here seem to believe an AI is essential if you are on TRT.
    Yes, but it's very individual. You must back your decision with BW numbers...

  16. #16
    DragonRider is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by APIs View Post
    Yes, but it's very individual. You must back your decision with BW numbers...
    Totally agree. Personally, I need an AI, but I know guys on some of the other boards that don't need them.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Europa
    Posts
    553
    I think its just in your imagination. Plus de radius of the areola differs alot from person to person.
    Just think of women, you have some black women(more common) with areolas the size of my palm, others with nipples you can barely see.

    If your friend hadnt said anything you probably wouldnt even noticed it. Its just in your head in my opinion.
    As long as its not gyno developing you are safe.

  18. #18
    GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    USA, In the Tundra
    Posts
    1,055
    For what it is worth, nipple size is controlled by progesterone not estrogen. Estrogen is directly responsible for the lumps. However, where there is progesterone there is estrogen. Estrogen is also the catalyst. So if you don't have high estrogen, progesterone won't do anything to your nipples. This is why gyno is always treated by lowering estrogen.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    597
    As someone who's lived with it since puberty, I can attest to the effects an AI and lowering your E2 can have on the size of your nipples/areola. Mine were always larger than average, and shrank considerably once I got my E2 in check with AI's. And yes it *can* fluctuate day to day.
    Last edited by forrest_and_trees; 06-06-2011 at 04:39 PM.

  20. #20
    zaggahamma's Avatar
    zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    19,495
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonRider View Post
    No. You should never treat a condition on suspicion. Get a "sensitive estrogen" test from LabCorp. It costs $68. If you lower your estrogen too much you can develop some problems with ED and anorgasmia that will not go away until estrogen levels have returned to normal.
    didnt his post say "i guess i should talk to a doc"?????

  21. #21
    DragonRider is offline New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    40
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    didnt his post say "i guess i should talk to a doc"?????
    His did, but some of the responses suggested he just jump on an AI.

  22. #22
    lovbyts's Avatar
    lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,447
    Stop playing with them.

  23. #23
    biggymrat's Avatar
    biggymrat is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lehi, Utah
    Posts
    104
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Stop playing with them.
    I'll keep that in mind.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •