Black is offline Anabolic Member

Quality of hair since starting TRT

Not a big deal, but just trying to throw in some new subjects in this forum. Has anyone noticed or experienced a negative impact on the quality of hair since starting TRT?

I don't mean hairloss. For instance, ever since I started TRT, the hair by my sideburns is SUPER curly and course. My hair has always been bone straight and soft. It has a completely different texture now. I used to wear my hair longer and this is how I first noticed it. I recently cut my hair clippers short for the summer and noticed that the hair is darker and has a different appearance than the rest (even closely buzzed).

Last time I got my haircut, I asked the haircutter why my hair did that. She said it can be a result of age, hormones or medicine. Just curious if anyone has experienced anything similar. (Maybe I need to run some HGH to get my sexy hair back )

sirupate is offline Member
    Mine has gotten a bit more wavy than it was before TRT, so maybe the hormones are having some influence. My hair was fairly wavy when I was young. Grows faster now too...at least where I still have hair...lol. My haircutter keeps asking if she didn't take enough off last time. For that matter, all body hair and nails in a much faster growth pattern. Feel like I am constantly trimming here and there to keep myself neat.

I've always had fast growing hair, but I definitely see an increase in nail growth.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Dante Diamond View Post
    I've always had fast growing hair, but I definitely see an increase in nail growth.
    same here

devster30 is offline New Member
    Thats funny........same thing has happened to me.....my hair was never straight, but it is much wavier, now, since hrt....... curly even, if i let it grow....
    somebody actually said to me it looked kinky.......haha....

optionsdude is offline Member
    My facial hair grows much faster now. Used to be able to go 2 days without shaving. Now I have to shave every day.

Quote Originally Posted by optionsdude View Post
    My facial hair grows much faster now. Used to be able to go 2 days without shaving. Now I have to shave every day.
    me as well,i havt to shave everyday....but my hair has been disappearing on top faster,but whats left is always growing back faster and i havt to get hair cuts much more often than i did before

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    curlier, more grey not darker, less of it on top and thinning fast,

but my stash is almost jet black now - wtf??????

Bigfoot66 is offline Junior Member
    Much coarser on sides...much greyer as well.

Rest has gotten more wavy, and is evident by time for a haircut. Change came almost immediately.

BillyBob210 is offline Junior Member
    No change in the quality of my hair, just where it grows Less on my head and more EVERYWHERE else.

slimshady01 is offline Senior Member
    my hair is getting curly in the front and its pissing me off.

So it seems some of us have started to get more curly/wavy hair. Very strange as I haven't ever read about any direct relations to hormones and hair in this way.

GotNoBlueMilk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My brown hair did not get wavy/curnly, but my gray hairs did. Fortunately, I have very few of those at this time.

optionsdude is offline Member
    My hair gal asked me if I was using propecia or minoxidil on my hair. She said the hairs themselves were getting thicker. Not that I was getting any more of them unfortunately. I must say I still have some on top of my head and in my 40's so I'm happy.

cb714 is offline Member
    For me hair seems to be growing in places where I dont want it (LIKE MY EARS) and falling where I want it!!! Oh well... thats why I just shave it off anyway but the ear hair does blow.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by cb714 View Post
    For me hair seems to be growing in places where I dont want it (LIKE MY EARS) and falling where I want it!!! Oh well... thats why I just shave it off anyway but the ear hair does blow.
    i thought that was the nose hair

Thread Information