namvet is offline Junior Member

need proper Aspiration fundamentals

i know Aspiration is important, .... if you see any blood at all, you have to stop, and find anouther spot?...., at times i see a little blood , and when i put the pin out it bleeds a little, also its hard to Aspirate in the glutes

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    In the glutes is a little difficult, gotta get the fingers just right, I pinch the syringe between thumb and index finger while wrapping the next one or two fingers around the plunger and spread, you only need to pull about a quarter inch and you'll see air bubbles form from the vacuum,I only pull back for a split second, if you hit a blood vessel you will get obvious blood. I've gotten blood when I was done pinning and pulled out but it didn't show up while aspirating...that's not uncommon.

Some don't aspirate at all, many nurses have been taught that it's not needed.........I choose to aspirate.

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    lil blood after the shot aint an issue...when you first jab, you pull back on the plunger(thats aspirating)...there should be NO blood that comes INTO the syringe when you pull back(aspirate )....only air bubble(s) that go away mostly when you let it go ....no blood, inject slowly, then massage with alcohol wipe/swab the area for 20 -30 seconds....make sure you use a wipe b4 you inject as well

Str8Jakked is offline Associate Member
    I have always pinned Ventro Glute and Delts and never aspirate and I have never had a problem, much like your battles- it's all about picking wisely.

Thread Information