FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member

14 a day hrt treatment

My endo stated to me to inject test cyp every 2 weeks due to sides, is this a smart thing to do also I was taking 100mg a week so would I take 200mg every two weeks would i be fine? Your guys thoughts on this? I felt I would yo-yo my levels this way

Fred40 is offline Associate Member
    The recommendation would be to stick with 100mg/week. Some guys even prefer 50mg 2x/week.

You will get some yo-yo with once every two weeks injections. Ask your endo about the half life of test cyp.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    My thoughts:

You will be on a roller coaster. You will feel great after a 200mg injection, then fall off and feel like crap. I think you will have more crap days than good days. I do fine with weekly injections, and better with twice-a-week injections. That keeps my levels steady.

My E2 goes up when I do bigger injections. It is lower when I break my shots into two 100mg injections. One of the advantages of more frequent injections is lower E2.

I am surprised when any endo puts someone on a protocol like that. If you don't want to make waves, you can order extra syringes online and inject weekly without telling the doctor, or you can print out some research and present it to the doctor and hope he/she doesn't get offended.

sirupate is offline Member
    200mgs. every 2 weeks wasn't good for me. That was my endo's starting offer. Later he went to 10 days between injections. On my own I tried once a week and then twice a week. Twice a week seemed best to me But, once a week should be considered the usual interval as the half-life of test. cyp. is about a week.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas
    My thoughts:

You will be on a roller coaster. You will feel great after a 200mg injection, then fall off and feel like crap. I think you will have more crap days than good days. I do fine with weekly injections, and better with twice-a-week injections. That keeps my levels steady.

My E2 goes up when I do bigger injections. It is lower when I break my shots into two 100mg injections. One of the advantages of more frequent injections is lower E2.

I am surprised when any endo puts someone on a protocol like that. If you don't want to make waves, you can order extra syringes online and inject weekly without telling the doctor, or you can print out some research and present it to the doctor and hope he/she doesn't get offended.
    Well he gave me a script for a 10ml vial of test cyp at 200mg a ml which I currently have on me already. Been off my hrt for about 3 months, want to lose some bf before I jump on.

I'm thinking of doing 50mg twice per week and .5mg of liquidex next day after injection to control E2. I won't see him till like March of next year for my blood work

I was on 200mg a week for 8 weeks than 100mg a week for about 10 weeks than I broke out with very bad acne and was bloated so I got off, told him all this. He is the only endo in my city and my insurance covers. Wasn't on an AI, but I have some now.

Also does your guys liver values get elevated?
    Last edited by FONZY007; 12-14-2011 at 06:13 PM.

JD250 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Why do you want to lose BF BEFORE you get on HRT? Just pin at least 100mgs a week and take 1mg anastrozol a week and that BF will come off a hell of a lot easier than it will without HRT. Good luck bro. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by JD250
    Why do you want to lose BF BEFORE you get on HRT? Just pin at least 100mgs a week and take 1mg anastrozol a week and that BF will come off a hell of a lot easier than it will without HRT. Good luck bro. Enjoy!
    Hmm good point, need to control the acne which I wasn't able to control while on hrt and now on accutane. Once im done I will restart hrt, will the anastrozol control side like the acne!!

Probably, your acne very well could be caused by high e2 and anastrozol will will take care of that.

I've been battling acne myself and believe I've finally got my AI to where the acne is going away......time will tell.

Accutane!!!......isnt there all sorts of class action suits over that stuff right now, I would check that out, sounds like nasty stuff.

Probably, your acne very well could be caused by high e2 and anastrozol will will take care of that.

I've been battling acne myself and believe I've finally got my AI to where the acne is going away......time will tell.

Accutane!!!......isnt there all sorts of class action suits over that stuff right now, I would check that out, sounds like nasty stuff.
    Yea they make me do blood work before they gave me a script for, my derma stated 2 months and I should be clear of acne, been 2 weeks now and it's clearing up! She states it closes your oil glands! I even sweat less..

JD250 do u have elevated liver values? Also 1 mg of AI a week should be enough for 100mg a week of test right, taking .5mg day after shot or should I take say before shot?

flatscat is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JD250 View Post
    ??????

Flats......that was in response to the following

Quote Originally Posted by FONZY007 View Post
    . Been off my hrt for about 3 months, want to lose some bf before I jump on.
    meaning that it will be easier to lose BF when your test levels are normal

And what's wrong with that bro?

Nothing..LOL My point is that the OP suggested that he was going to wait until he lost BF before he started his TRT again, that doesn't make sense so I suggested to carry on with normal TRT and the weight would come off easier than when he was OFF TRT.

Clear as mud?

bullshark99 is offline Senior Member
    Fonzie, was on th eaccutane twice many years ago, one thing I remembe rwas having to get monthly blood test to check for liver troubles. This drug is VERY harsh on the liver, you may want to reconsider using it??

Nothing..LOL My point is that the OP suggested that he was going to wait until he lost BF before he started his TRT again, that doesn't make sense so I suggested to carry on with normal TRT and the weight would come off easier than when he was OFF TRT.

Clear as mud?
    Yes.

If he has a goal to lose bf before restarting trt then he might be better off for it. I know you did not mean to imply trt would be a magic pill, but some who have not been around that long might have taken it that way. I do understand your point though.

Flats

Quote Originally Posted by flatscat

Yes.

If he has a goal to lose bf before restarting trt then he might be better off for it. I know you did not mean to imply trt would be a magic pill, but some who have not been around that long might have taken it that way. I do understand your point though.

Flats
    I'm actually very tired, might jump back on so I can work out and blast at the gym so I can lose 20-25lbs..

Quote Originally Posted by bullshark99
    Fonzie, was on th eaccutane twice many years ago, one thing I remembe rwas having to get monthly blood test to check for liver troubles. This drug is VERY harsh on the liver, you may want to reconsider using it??
    Understand bullshark, they are making me do blood work!

Does anyone have elevated liver values from trt

Flats....

Yea, never thought of it being taken the wrong way like that but a good point. It's not a" magic pill" but it is a "damn good pill". I guess I should've said that it isn't absolutely nescesary to lose weight before you start TRT. If you do lose weight before hand.....good for you, keep up the good work but you could go ahead and start TRT anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by FONZY007 View Post
    Does anyone have elevated liver values from trt
    I've never heard of it from a typical TRT prtocol.

I've never heard of it from a typical TRT prtocol.
    Thanks, I understood flats and your points on the trt and losing weight!

Thread Information