MattB502 is offline New Member

Not sure what to expect

I am 28 years old, 5'7" and weigh 200. I recently went to see a hrt doc. He set me up for labs. My serum testosterone was 356. My free testosterone was 14.56. Estradiol was 25.4. He wrote a prescription for 200 mg of test cypionate once a week, 1000 iu of hcg with b12 per week and 1/2 mg of arimidex twice a week. I recieved my medications today and will start taking them on monday. This is my first experience with hrt. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they think of this plan or how soon I will start to notice any changes. Thanks.

Vettester is offline Banned
    This is kind of similar to another thread that was just posted here. IMO, seems a bit aggressive out of the gate. Not that it's wrong, but it seemed like a few years ago, hardly any doctor would talk to a guy about HRT unless he was 35. Again, not saying right or wrong, but it just seems everyone regardless of age is getting these scripts.

Hypogonadism is a normal occurring diagonosis; mostly in men over the age of 40. Like menopause with women, it just part of the shutting down process with the body as we age. In your case, you're 28 and should be in your prime. With that said, did your doctor do some research to try and find out why you are low? Your total isn't exactly in the tank, so I would presume that your HPTA has some activity? Is there possibly a problem with one or both testicles that's keeping you on the low side of where you might want to be? It would be nice to rule all of this out before going on the meds. If primary, then the HCG won't do much for the testicles. What other labs did your doctor run for you?

DaRoq is offline Junior Member
    Are you a super-muscular mesomorph? If not, then 200 lbs is too heavy for your height, which could be why your testosterone is less than optimal. At 28, you can probably increase your levels a bit without all the stuff that TRT doc is pushing on you. Remember, it's typically in their best interest to "qualify" people for TRT so they can sell products and services. Try to find out the cause before you get in too deep. You just might find out you don't need TRT [yet]. That is, unless you're not looking at TRT for clinical reasons...

Thread Information