fjr02 is offline Junior Member

Newbie HCG question

Guys,
    I just started TRT.
    I read the HCG sticky.
    My Doc recommended 100mg cyp 2-times per week & 500IU HCG 3 times a week.
    I've decided to cut those numbers by 50% starting out.

One month ago, I tested at a 291/49 (total/free) (1000AM test with fast)
    I tested two weeks ago at a 391/30 (afternoon - no fast)
    weird huh?

49yrs old, 5'-8", 170 lb, 2 kids (not having anymore).

Here's my HCG question.

In attempt to minimize the meds, do I really need to do HCG all the time?
    Would cycling HCG while on steady cyp do the trick?
    Something like HCG for 2 weeks every 6-8 weeks?

Might be a stupid question, but I was just thinking about it like we used to use HCG when cycling.

thanks

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    good questions and welcome

also good idea imo to start slow

i am not on hcg yet but would guess you could cylce hcg off an on without a problem...

very interesting post

There have been a few Docs that have suggested this as protocol in the past so there is history.

I guess the bigger question is why and for what purpose?

In a natural state a normal healthy man just doesn't stop and take breaks from producing LH does it?

I am personally of the strong belief that the body thrives on regularity.

Vettester is offline Banned
    I agree with GD on this. All HCG does is to provide the LH analogue to the testicles, which will allow them to react as they did when the pituitary functioned properly. I worked with a doctor at one point, where he had me cycle it in while coming off of the cypionate for a month. If you are secondary, you will experience the pain and discomfort from the atrophy when you are not taking it.

Now, having said that, I started on TRT without HCG, and I was able to dial in how much cyp it would take to achieve the optimal levels for me. At 200mg/wk, it would roughly put me at 750-to-800 on my total serum. Adding HCG will vary from patient to patient with its effectiveness to stimulate natural production. By adding 250iu x 3/wk, I was able to reduce my cypionate dosage to 120mg/wk to achieve the same total serum results, or very close thereof. So, in essence, for me, the addition of HCG had a 40% effective rate on my total serum. Now, in the scheme of my whole program, I factor in my free and bio available test (along with various other panels) to give me a full picture, but I've got a good idea of how these exogenous medications function together in my body.

Not that you or anyone would want to find out exactly how effective it is ... But then again, maybe you do. Either way, I definitely like your approach to start conservative, then build from there. It's a lifelong commitment, so figure the first year you will be discovering a lot of things, and getting the variables dialed in along the way. After the first set of labs (6 weeks) of TRT, I suggest running labs every 3 months for the first year. From there, twice a year should be sufficient. Just my .02 if it makes any difference.

Vettester is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jpkman View Post
    i am not on hcg yet but would guess you could cylce hcg off an on without a problem...

very interesting post
    For some reason, I thought you had been on it J. Anyways, you are definitely in a prime position to see just how effective, or not effective of an impact it will have on your TRT program.

gd,

The only thought was to minimize products entering my body, perhaps the thought that intermittent use would keep it more effective, AND traveling.

Vette,

I was typing the very question that you just answered before I posted it.
    I went down to preview my post and noticed a new one - yours. THANKS

I have BW in one month

OK - Yet another question
    TRAVELING WITH HCG
    I travel for my job. I have a trip later this month, but it's close enough & far enough away from airports, so I will drive (9 hours).
    So...., if traveling by car, is there a +/- "deg F" rule of thumb that I need to keep this solution at when in a cooler? Can it get too cold? Do temperature swings hurt it?

When traveling by air, I may not be able to cool it at all.

Once mixed, does it hurt to be shaken around (even if it is in a carry on)?

as always - thanks for the help.

Go to a good drug store and purchase an insulin travel pack. It contains a freeze pack that will keep the hCH cold for up to 10 to 12 hours. Diabetics use them all the time for the same reason.

When you get to your hotel you can ask them to refreeze the ice pack and if you don't have a fridge in your room all hotels will keep your hCG cold for you...they are very use to doing this.

And don't worry if you miss a day to three of hCG the world won't come to an end...but stick to your Test injection protocol...more important to stick to that.

And yea, the hCG will be shaken a bit during travel but it is what it is and you won't die.

There ya go!
    Last edited by steroid.com 1; 03-04-2012 at 08:50 PM.

10-4 Thanks again gd - the places I stay have refrigerators in the rooms.

Thread Information